Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 06:22 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,911,025 times

Advertisements

Back when I was single, I just use to tell them the truth and it always worked.

I jump out of planes, rock climb, do not have any kids and can get them off harder, longer and better than any guy that has to resort to lying to get to that point.

I'm the Sky-0!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2012, 08:15 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,416,366 times
It's only fair game if a person can live with themselves knowing how much of a coward they are.

Old 12-13-2012, 08:52 AM

365 posts, read 490,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
This is one of the many reasons I have trust issues with men.

Trust no one. They're probably lying to use you.
Ditto to women as well.Maybe i'm just at a shady part of michigan but often times the girl has been cheating on the guy around here; or using the guy for other reason's.
Anyway it's quite wrong that this is going on = / What happened to trying to be yourself to get a girl?
Lying to get yourself into a hotmess? not the best idea.

Old 12-13-2012, 08:56 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
Sometimes I head out to bars with a few buddies and we invent stories to get girls in bed.

One of the best fables to tell is that you are a record producer - this usually does the trick.

being an accountant or banker also works quite well, though is harder to pull off as you do actually need some financial knowledge.

now, is there anything wrong in doing this?
Yes, there's something wrong with it.

Glad that I don't need to resort to lying to have people be interested in me[/getting trolled]

Old 12-13-2012, 01:18 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,160,243 times
I like to spin the yarn that I'm actually a reincarnation of Genghis Khan. If the intimidation route doesn't work, then I say that I'm actually Mohandas Gandhi.

Old 12-13-2012, 01:29 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,590,770 times
You shouldn't lie to women to get them, unless you're not trying to get the woman. If you're just trying to get laid, then it's all fair game in that case. But when you are dating a woman, it's not a good idea to start out by lying.

Bottomline, you should never represent yourself as something that you're not. You don't to ever give the perception that you're something you're not. Living a lie is just hard, and you want to really be accepted for who you are.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:52 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,584,462 times
hmm didnt know my account here still existed but oh well, got an email saying there was answers here.. read a few but not all...

I'm sorry ladies, I did not realize I found myself in such fine company in this thread, apparently none of you are in the habit of lying...

I think anyone who's been trying to meet another person at the clubseen have seen the plentyfull ammount of lying women, I didn't say I havent seen an equal plenty of lying men, did I?
his person as a bore than as a personification of some type of purity...
what I'm against is the pretended notion of people being so innocent as not lying... If there ever was such a person I would be willing to bet more people knew t

for example the last girl I managed to bring home was as innocent as sweet as any could be... we even agreed to go out on a date the week after, and we did... turns out she was cheating on her boyfriend with me...

the lesson I learnt wasn't that women lie, or the rediculous assumption that it would be possible to know which sex would lie more than the other, it's that the ones we believe to be the most pure are the least so...

All is fair in love and war, which brings to mind my club-guard-friends who kicked a guy out for being "rowdy" after hitting on a girl my other friend wanted... but that's another story for another thread I suppose...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships