Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2012, 02:54 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,834,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I see now that I misread some posts. I was thinking that people were saying that morality is relative.
Sorry about the confusion.
Glad we cleared THAT up

Again, morality is not relative, but worth/value sure is!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2012, 02:58 PM

52,362 posts, read 52,828,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Glad we cleared THAT up

Yep....

Old 09-09-2012, 03:56 PM

254 posts, read 316,671 times
Quote:
Glad we cleared THAT up

Everything is relative.
Morality IS relative because it represents the set of values YOU hold.
There is no universal morality, no right and wrong.

Old 09-09-2012, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSamme View Post
Everything is relative.
Morality IS relative because it represents the set of values YOU hold.
There is no universal morality, no right and wrong.
I do agree that morality can be cultural, and therefore "relative" depending on what part of the world you are in.

Here on this forum most of us are from the westernized world and therefore hold to the moral judgement that cheating is morally wrong.

Old 09-09-2012, 04:42 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,761,957 times
Morality is the biggest scam pulled on the modern man. A marriage is like an investment portfolio. Investing in one stock/sector heavily is doomed to fail. I have personal experience in this regard. Diversification is key. I pretty much apply the same philosophy throughout life nowadays.

Old 09-09-2012, 04:56 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,925,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
Morality is the biggest scam pulled on the modern man. A marriage is like an investment portfolio. Investing in one stock/sector heavily is doomed to fail. I have personal experience in this regard. Diversification is key. I pretty much apply the same philosophy throughout life nowadays.
Which is why I don't understand why most men even get married. For most, they are getting very little out of the deal.

Old 09-09-2012, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
Which is why I don't understand why most men even get married. For most, they are getting very little out of the deal.
This is obviously beyond your comprehension - I'd give up trying to figure it out.

This will leave you more time for other worthwhile pursuits

Old 09-09-2012, 05:12 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,281,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Why do women so foolishly believe whatever their cheating lover tells them? His whole life is a lie and yet he tells you the truth? Come on, don't be so naive.
Why do women so foolishly try to make failing relationships a male bashing platform?

There are plenty of men breaking their hearts over cheating wives.

This behaviour is not exclusive to either sex, and this blanket statement would be that of a foolish, naive young woman who has been played before by a serial married cheat and is a tad bitter about it...

Why would someone reading my post ever assume that based on one short paragraph, there is no other knowledge or confirmation of his situation other than what he has told me?

"His whole life is a lie" - how do you make this judgement? His whole life is in my spare room as he's just left her.

We knew each other through work for a year before hand, when I consoled him on his miserable, loveless existence. The reason I could console him is that I had lived through the same thing when I was married...and no, I did not cheat.

The problem with his relationship is that they are sexually mismatched but love each other. The issue starts when the lack of sex becomes a lack of intimacy, or a bargaining tool, for one partner to use over the other. It starts leaking out as smaller problems, then bigger ones, and before you know it you argue about EVERYTHING except the real issue, being sex (or whatever). I broke up with my sexless husband over a pan of sausages.

Someone with foolish, naive judgement will say "he cheated, he's wrong" but I can tell you that two people are in a relationship, two people make mistakes, generally what's not working for one partner is different to what's not working for the other. Marriages are like kaleidescopes, some times they make sense and fall into a beautiful pattern, most often they don't, they are a jumble of hurt feelings, misunderstandings, compromises, hard work, blood sweat and tears...and sometimes outright lies, manipulation and selfishness.

Only a naive person would make a blanket statement that "the man is lying and the girlfriend is stupid to believe him". It is a sign of their own naivety, foolishness, and ignorance of the dynamics of marriage and divorce.

Last edited by MsAnnThrope; 09-09-2012 at 05:30 PM..

Old 09-09-2012, 05:17 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,925,209 times
Quote:
This is obviously beyond your comprehension - I'd give up trying to figure it out.

This will leave you more time for other worthwhile pursuits
Tell me what benefits men married men receive and how marriage is a good investment.

Companionship? Don't need to be married to get that.
Friendship? Don't need to be married to get that.
Financial support? Most married guys make more than their wives; sometimes 2-3x as much.
Sex? Don't need to be married to get that.

Old 09-09-2012, 05:29 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,222,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
Didn't your fiance break up with you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
What people get out of marriage is going to depend on the individuals involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships