Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 01:02 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I do appreciate your words, but how do my "excuses" not fly?

No doubt, I am slipping into a worse place. I have consulted with an attorney..more than once......they want five grand and they can't tell me I am wrong in terms of my fears of losing the ability to raise my boys.
Their current ages Lucario?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 03:05 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,639,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Their current ages Lucario?
15 and 11

Old 09-27-2012, 03:44 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
15 and 11
Awesome, they are old enough to be allowed to tell a judge what THEY want, so maybe you could get full custody.

If not that, you'd surely get 50-50.

Old 09-27-2012, 05:54 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,011,598 times
Quote:
I do appreciate your words, but how do my "excuses" not fly?

No doubt, I am slipping into a worse place. I have consulted with an attorney..more than once......they want five grand and they can't tell me I am wrong in terms of my fears of losing the ability to raise my boys.
It cost what it cost, this is an example of an excuse that wont fly. To look at it another way how much torture would you put on your children for the low low price of 5k? How twisted are you willing to let their world view become for 5k? I'm going to guess that you would say there is no amount of money that would make you do something hurtful to your children because you surely love them no less than I love mine. Five grand? That dog wont hunt.

I am just an outsider looking in from a tiny window you have opened Lucario but it does not look good in there. No one knows your children better than you do but I don't need to know them at all to know they are sponges soaking up every bit of hate that lies between you and their mother. Every angry word, every look of disgust, every slight. My heart tells me it is wrong to let that happen to them.

Again, I would urge you to talk to a professional about these things. You should be able to consult for 100 bucks or so. You are not looking for counseling so much as an unbiased look from someone who unlike me has the whole story and the professional training and knowledge to give you sound advice about what the better path may be in order to best serve your children AND yourself.

As to the custody issue no good attorney will ever guarantee a result but your fears seem far in excess of any real world threat that your children will be taken from you. Unless there is something you're not telling us that would be a factor in assessing the custody of the children.....

Old 09-27-2012, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
It cost what it cost, this is an example of an excuse that wont fly. To look at it another way how much torture would you put on your children for the low low price of 5k? How twisted are you willing to let their world view become for 5k? I'm going to guess that you would say there is no amount of money that would make you do something hurtful to your children because you surely love them no less than I love mine. Five grand? That dog wont hunt.

I am just an outsider looking in from a tiny window you have opened Lucario but it does not look good in there. No one knows your children better than you do but I don't need to know them at all to know they are sponges soaking up every bit of hate that lies between you and their mother. Every angry word, every look of disgust, every slight. My heart tells me it is wrong to let that happen to them.

Again, I would urge you to talk to a professional about these things. You should be able to consult for 100 bucks or so. You are not looking for counseling so much as an unbiased look from someone who unlike me has the whole story and the professional training and knowledge to give you sound advice about what the better path may be in order to best serve your children AND yourself.

As to the custody issue no good attorney will ever guarantee a result but your fears seem far in excess of any real world threat that your children will be taken from you. Unless there is something you're not telling us that would be a factor in assessing the custody of the children.....
Last I heard, $5000 is a lot of money. Then there's the problem of trying to live life with a family during an acrimonious divorce. No professional I have talked with has a solution to that.......the only factors in my fear of losing my kids is that I am a man......unfortunately I do not live in the county adjacent to mine where women protested a family court judge whom they said was biased against women.....where I live they're as most courts are- biased against men.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:00 AM

No, 5k is a lot for dinner. To save your children it is nothing. The scumbag lawyers will take the money from the dregs of the dissolution of your marriage if it can be had no where else. Trying to hang your hat on too expensive isn't going to work. As to the acrimonious divorce it appears your marriage is already toxic and as it sits has no end. Life isn't a made for TV weeper where the loving father loses his kids to the evil mother and your fear of this is far in excess of the reality unless the court should have cause.

Put an end to the pity party. Quit making excuses. Do what must be done. I don't have anything else, Good luck.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:12 AM

Quote:
No, 5k is a lot for dinner. To save your children it is nothing. The scumbag lawyers will take the money from the dregs of the dissolution of your marriage if it can be had no where else. Trying to hang your hat on too expensive isn't going to work. As to the acrimonious divorce it appears your marriage is already toxic and as it sits has no end. Life isn't a made for TV weeper where the loving father loses his kids to the evil mother and your fear of this is far in excess of the reality unless the court should have cause.

Put an end to the pity party. Quit making excuses. Do what must be done. I don't have anything else, Good luck.
Thanks.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:27 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,761,776 times
Quote:

Exactly. Been there done that with the acrimonious environment. I wish I would have dumped her sooner.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Exactly. Been there done that with the acrimonious environment. I wish I would have dumped her sooner.
Still trying to figure out where this money's gonna come from.........

Old 09-28-2012, 10:56 AM

Not to worry, the scumbag lawyers will help you with the where to find it issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships