Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2012, 11:45 AM

31,019 posts, read 22,059,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Do you have a black girlfriend?
Not currently, but I'm working on it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 11:52 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,119,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Not currently, but I'm working on it
what type are you looking for? darkskin and natural hair? or dark and relaxed hair?

Old 09-28-2012, 11:56 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,864,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Actual message from my facebook inbox (I guess he sees my ex commenting on all my statuses and photos, and pictures of me with my current bf):

"so i see u deff in to white guyz how come u never talk to me"
LOL! That is totally hilarious!

Old 09-28-2012, 11:57 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,864,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaffegal05 View Post
I dunno, maybe the guys are just testing the waters when they ask that question to find out if you have or would even consider dating outside your race. As far as they know you might only be into black men and don't want to waste their time. Of course its wrong to assume that just because you have dated IR in the past that they are an automatic shoo-in.

Some of these guys need to work on their approach because I would find it creepy and odd if a guy I just met shows me a pic of his black ex girlfriend. He is walking around with her pic in his wallet to provide proof that he was in an IR relationship before?-weird.
Exactly. That is the red flag right there. That means you are sketchy.....you lost 40000000000 points for trying to bring up your exes.

Old 09-28-2012, 12:00 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,606,033 times
Quote:
I dunno, maybe the guys are just testing the waters when they ask that question to find out if you have or would even consider dating outside your race. As far as they know you might only be into black men and don't want to waste their time. Of course its wrong to assume that just because you have dated IR in the past that they are an automatic shoo-in.
I understand why they're asking, but it would be better to ask "Are you open to dating interracially?" Of course, I already clearly state that I am open to it in my dating profile and they still always ask, "Do you like white guys?"

Old 09-28-2012, 12:04 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,461,856 times
Quote:

Some of these guys need to work on their approach because I would find it creepy and odd if a guy I just met shows me a pic of his black ex girlfriend. He is walking around with her pic in his wallet to provide proof that he was in an IR relationship before?-weird.
You'd be amazed how frequently that occurs. But, I guess it's much better than the guy that sent me a bunch of pics, including one of him wearing a confederate uniform at reenactment event he attended. For the Q are you into w/m, usually I would just say I like/date men period. Men are men in that sense.

Old 09-28-2012, 12:39 PM

31,019 posts, read 22,059,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I understand why they're asking, but it would be better to ask "Are you open to dating interracially?" Of course, I already clearly state that I am open to it in my dating profile and they still always ask, "Do you like white guys?"
You do know this question is not exclusive to white men?

Old 09-28-2012, 12:42 PM

349 posts, read 459,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Yeah, if you listed it in your profile online then they should already know and don't need to ask. I was speaking in terms of if you are meeting a guy for the first time out in public, not online. They would have no idea what your preferences are, but definitely could phrase that question differently.

Old 09-28-2012, 12:44 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,606,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
You do know this question is not exclusive to white men?
It's only white men who ever ask me the question, but yes, I'm sure other guys ask it too.

Old 09-28-2012, 12:44 PM

349 posts, read 459,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
You'd be amazed how frequently that occurs. But, I guess it's much better than the guy that sent me a bunch of pics, including one of him wearing a confederate uniform at reenactment event he attended. For the Q are you into w/m, usually I would just say I like/date men period. Men are men in that sense.
Did this really happen? LOL! SMH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships