Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2012, 05:53 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
I said this in another thread and these are just my observations.

Most white men only find a small percentage of black women attractive. And of that Small percentage there's an even smaller percentage that they would date, bring home to meet their parents, marry and had kids with etc. The same thing goes for black women but to be fair I think they're slightly more open to dating white guys then vice versa.
It doesn't matter. The odds of exclusively seeking black men for long term relationships and marriage are no better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 06:16 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
It doesn't matter. The odds of exclusively seeking black men for long term relationships and marriage are no better.
But black women marry black men 90% of the time. There's no problem finding black men for LTR and Marriages because they're ending up with black women the vast majority of the time. It's not the same in BW/WM relationships because its rare

Old 09-25-2012, 06:26 AM

Quote:
There's no problem finding black men for LTR and Marriages because they're ending up with black women the vast majority of the time.
Yes, there most certainly IS a problem depending on what you're looking for in a partner/husband.

Old 09-25-2012, 06:51 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
im black - haitian american. my parents dont really want me dating black americans, and also when it comes to fellow west indians they prefer bajans, st lucians, and indo - carib folks. my parents tend to tell me to avoid jamaicans as well.

now like most caribbean bigots this is all just talk. If a Jamaican girl with proper attitude, and lifestyle approaches me then my parents will love her.

but overall my parents prefer me to talk to asians of all sorts, and white girls. My parents arent to fond of hispanic women as well.

A lot of caribbean people have arrogance towards eachother.

jamaicans vs haitians.
jamaicans vs trinis
jamaicans vs guyanese
guyanese vs trini
guyanese vs bajan
puerto rican vs dominican
dominican vs haitian
cuban vs dominican/puerto rican

and the list goes onnnnnn.

This is somewhat true. My parents are from Trinidad, and most of the trinidadians I know tend to try to date and marry one of their own, or somebody else from the caribbean(unless they're trying to get their papers) A lot of west indians have very negative things to say about black american women.

Old 09-25-2012, 06:58 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Been there but her family was happy I had well paying job compared to her non employed last boyfriend. Her folks just wanted to know that she was being treated well.
How would you be?
I'm black and I love barbecues.

Old 09-25-2012, 07:00 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
the light skin dark skin thing is a american sterotype.

caribbean folks, and african folks love their darkskin girls, which is why i tend to see a good number of open black american females go the african/caribbean way lol.

As for me? the lighter the sweeter the juice
I have an huge issue with this..but I wont go into it

the Africans/Carribeans don't care about IR dating because they prefer mixed looking people anyway. I met an African guy who said that biracial people were more beautiful than darkskin black people..

Quote:
This is somewhat true. My parents are from Trinidad, and most of the trinidadians I know tend to try to date and marry one of their own, or somebody else from the caribbean(unless they're trying to get their papers) A lot of west indians have very negative things to say about black american women.
I really don't care about what west indians have to say about black american women. there are not that many of them where i live and I am not interested in dating or getting to know them. I don't even know a west indian. they dont even exist to me

Old 09-25-2012, 07:40 AM

44 posts, read 49,073 times
Quote:
But black women marry black men 90% of the time. There's no problem finding black men for LTR and Marriages because they're ending up with black women the vast majority of the time. It's not the same in BW/WM relationships because its rare
You're right, but it's the quality of BM for BW. Low quality BM are readily available for BW. It's the BM that have something going for themselves. They are a few and far between, and even those ones are either more physically attracted to non-BW, or want nothing to do with BW in general. The only type of BM that BW can get are of low quality type.

There lies the dilemma for BW. So, they are forced to venture out of their race to find love, except they are the least desired for interracial dating. The average BW won't be able to pull a well-to-do WM, unless she looks like Halle Berry.

Old 09-25-2012, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Standard View Post
The average BW won't be able to pull a well-to-do WM, unless she looks like Halle Berry.
I'm not concerned about "well-to-do" but the white/non-black men that I date at least have careers, college degrees, no children, and no criminal records and that's all I expect. You don't have to look like Halle Berry to find that.

Old 09-25-2012, 07:49 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Quote:
You're right, but it's the quality of BM for BW. Low quality BM are readily available for BW. It's the BM that have something going for themselves. They are a few and far between, and even those ones are either more physically attracted to non-BW, or want nothing to do with BW in general. The only type of BM that BW can get are of low quality type.

There lies the dilemma for BW. So, they are forced to venture out of their race to find love, except they are the least desired for interracial dating. The average BW won't be able to pull a well-to-do WM, unless she looks like Halle Berry.
That is nuts.

This is a wedding my cousin was in last month. Nice looking white guy, beautiful rich skinned black woman. She looks nothing like Halle Berry as far as I can tell.... I do think they are both a bit average, but beautiful/handsome in there own right.

You are just blowing smoke out of your azz. Low quality black men are available for whoever will take them, I am sure. High quality black men are with all races, from what I can tell. Same goes for white men and white women.
Attached Thumbnails
anyone ever been in a secret interracial relationship?-551646_10100594525627849_1052554558_n.jpg  

Old 09-25-2012, 07:50 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,452,624 times
Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships