Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 06:51 PM

6 posts, read 10,634 times

Advertisements

This may not be the right area to post, but anyway.

I'll start from the very beginning, but cut it short.
Girl I'm interested in, appeared to be interested, I chilled with her outside of college and she seemed to either be considering or interested in me. I asked a stupid question - all interest appeared to be lost. She got very defensive and annoyed. I asked because I thought she ignored me at college. Forgiven. I told her I was interested in her when I got home drunk after a night out with some friends. (As a person, I don't have a lot of patience, and get pissed off very easily, which she is aware of), I told her I was trying really hard to not be like that to her. Since then, she seemed a lot more comfortable with talking to me, we bantered quite a bit and spoke more often. But she also made a note of saying we were just friends. Friendzoned? layful:
After that, I made it clear I am NOT an emotional cushion, neither am I interested in being her 'gay best friend', as I've assumed that mantle with someone else and I find it highly irritating. (

So now down to more detail.
We planned to chill today when I finished college, since she was nearby doing bank related stuff that I really am not interested in. Obviously didn't tell her that, I'm actually a very nice person, but I am less interested in certain things than I show. It was difficult to organize this day, we'd originally planned another day, but she's EXTREMELY awkward with meeting up, and when she let me down on that day asking for friday, I said it might be better just to talk over social networking. She has my number, and even though I TRIED to get it before, she didn't give it to me. She wasn't happy with me saying that, she said 'It's not me fault, and you were the one who made it awkward in the first place!'. So I agreed to meeting on friday. (Please note guys, this is the 2nd time we've chilled out together)
So, friday. I'm at college. I break out my ipod, message her on facebook asking if she's still coming today. She said yeah, and in an extremely boring class which is compulsory for every student we were bantering over the chat. She then, randomly, gave me her number. She said she just realized she never gave it to me. After the class, we were still talking a little, but I said I was going to lose wifi connection because I was going to go and sit outside. 45 minutes later, I went back inside, spoke to her, and she was being very vague, didn't seem very happy. I asked her if she was alright, and she said she was worrying about a friend (She named this friend, I know who she was talking about, but I don't KNOW her- I just don't want to name names). I was just like 'oh', but she started talking about how she was worried for her. I suggested she go up and see her, and forget about me since I shouldn't be someone she should worry about. I would be alright if she didn't make it after college. She said she couldn't, as this friend told her not to come because the police were involved. She told me to not tell anyone else.
I was kinda confused at this point, and asked her why she was telling me this. She said she doesn't know what to do and feels utterly useless that she couldn't do anything for her friend. I again asked her why she was telling me this, it's not my place to get involved. She responded with 'Tbh, I don't have a clue :L'. Anyway, I figured I could listen to her bang on just this once, and said that I'd talk to her about it if she really wanted, but I don't know what she wants me to say as it's not my place to sort out her friends, or her problems. I then told her I was someones 'gay best friend' already. She didn't understand so I told her it's the guy who tries to sort out all their problems for them. She answered with a 'Wait, you're gay?'. No. I'm not. Then she started bantering about me being gay, and said I could come out shopping with her to help her decide what clothes to buy. I said that I'd have no problem doing that but what relevance is that to being a gay best friend. She answered with apparently gays are best to go shopping with.
I stopped talking then because I was in class, and we didn't really speak until we met up.
I kinda shoved the thing with her friend to the side as I wasn't interested. 2nd time we met, she was 15 minutes late (I absolutely being late for ANYTHING, but kept my cool), and told her I was just about to give up waiting. She started banging on about the bank and how she was having trouble closing her account or whatever. I payed enough attention so that if she asked me anything I'd be able to respond. I wanted to show her my favorite area of the town center, so we started walking there. We came across some people from my class. (Note: We are in different classes and do not know each others friends). One of the people from our class just started talking to us. Standard girl, she just bangs on about uninteresting stuff 1/2 the time. Anyway, we left them after a few minutes, and she said to me that it was awkward.
This was the 2nd time we'd chilled out together, is she THAT comfortable with me she's open to talk about her friends issues with me, but feels awkward when around the people in my class? When the girl from my class was talking, she just kinda stood there and didn't say anything. She knew who we were talking to because during our first week when we were all together, she was working with her!
Anyway, we chilled for a little, and she decided she wanted to go to her mothers work place and embarrass her. ***. Why with me, of all people? She has better friends than me, but decides to do that with me? Whatever. I went with her. She, at first, didn't want to be noticed by her mother. But eventually decided she wanted to. At first, she told me to fall over and pretend to be hurt. But I wouldn't do that. Then she said go over to where she's working and start looking at the stuff on sale. Funnily enough, it was mens underwear, which made it embarrassing, but I was fine with that. She got noticed by her mother. I kinda stood there awkwardly when they were talking. Her mother appeared to know who I was, so I figured she spoke about me to her mother a little. Her mother suggested looking around the store for something to buy, but she said she didn't want to bore me. I'm pretty patient in regards to waiting if I am 100% sure about something (I know this is contradicting myself, but it's difficult to explain), so I said I was cool with looking around. We looked around, wasn't anything of any interest there to me, but I kept my mouth shut. Anyway, we left, and went to grab a drink as she was hungry. She wanted to pay for me, but I wouldn't let her, she payed for everything together but I gave her the money back. She asked me some questions about a girl I was once interested in at my work, but I told her I wasn't exactly interested in her. She is too high maintenance. I cannot deal with that. Well, she wanted to go after that. It had only been about 2 hours, so I was fine with that. I offered to walk her home, she said it takes an hour to walk back (Anything less then 28 miles I walk guys, it's part of my fitness training because I want to join the forces). So I offered to catch the bus with her and walk her back, she didn't want me to, so I said at least let me wait at the bus stop with you. Anyway, we waited there for 15 minutes, and she started banging on about her friend again.
I asked a few questions, but only to say I'll listen to her if she wants to talk, but I'm not going to do anything else. She said her friends boyfriend wasn't a nice person, and she's 'in love', which is why she is still with him. I told her that my friend from work is like that, keeps going back to a guy who beats her up. She told me she's made the same mistake. Finishing up the story, we talked about rubbish after that, nothing interesting. I worried a bit that I was boring her.

I walked home, and asked her a few hours later if I bored her, and she said I wasn't. I said I would have asked her for a hug but I was unsure how she'd respond to that.

Now I just don't understand why she's (if at all) giving me mixed signals. She made it clear before that she wasn't interested in more than friends with me, and she knows I'm not interested in being an emotional cushion or a gay best friend.

I lack experience with girls, but I'm not new to dating, I don't want a girl for sex, I want a girl for more then that. So please no comments on my lack of experience :/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2012, 07:04 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
I thought you said you were gonna keep it short.

A couple of things:

You need to stop using the phrase "gay best friend." I know what you mean, but she obviously did not. It's confusing, and some will find it offensive.

Also, it sounds like normal early-dating awkwardness. You give off a bit of an entitled vibe, like you only will care about someone if they have something to offer you.

In this post, it doesn't actually sound like you like this girl that much.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:08 PM

yeah, for the first part. I did note: more detail. xD

Old 10-12-2012, 07:12 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Put itin a blog and ask for comments to be posted ther. I was lucky to get through the first paragraph it is too much to read.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
In this post, it doesn't actually sound like you like this girl that much.
I know what you mean by that, I haven't really mentioned what I like about her, only that it bores me when she bangs on about stuff that I find almost as bad as listening to a lecture on attendance at college and 3 different colors or whatever that indicate your attendance level.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:17 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,152,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Put itin a blog and ask for comments to be posted ther. I was lucky to get through the first paragraph it is too much to read.
Same here, and I studied English and Journalism in college! I would be glad to give input otherwise.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle Oh Elle View Post
Same here, and I studied English and Journalism in college! I would be glad to give input otherwise.
och you guyz! if only I didn't over analyze I wouldn't write so much!
Next time, I'll add in some drama so it becomes less boring.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:57 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,620,536 times
I despise teenage drama!

Old 10-12-2012, 08:40 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,675 times
I didn't read all that because it's too long and poorly written.

But, from the title, I'm sure I know what it's about.

Simple answer: make a move (whether it's asking her out, going for the kiss, etc.). That's how you know what the girl is all about. If she's down, then she'll go along with it. If she's just playing games, she'll shoot you down and you don't have to waste any more time on here.

Old 10-13-2012, 07:55 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam Margera Go View Post
och you guyz! if only I didn't over analyze I wouldn't write so much!
Next time, I'll add in some drama so it becomes less boring.
You don't need to add drama. You need to learn how to INDENT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships