Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2012, 08:01 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,182,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Probably suited to multi-date and have other options so as not to heavily invest into this one.
Multi-date? I thought women didn't like guys who were players.

I always invest heavily... maybe that's why i always get hurt.

It's tough to deny that women are hypocrites though. They don't like players, but then if you are too clingy, they don't like that either. No matter what i do, it's wrong.

To be honest though, i don't really have any interest in being a player, so i guess it's sort of a moot point.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I think many women truly want to help each other out, but then there's a large segment of women who like seeing others miserable. I've come across more of those than I'd care to say.

Men may not try to make claims about how nice males are, but a lot of them also hide their more sadistic qualities and can be quite good with it. They're good at manipulating women or 'getting their friends laid', if you will. Not all of course, but a good portion of men. Women, such as myself, who have fallen for manipulative men learn to spot certain things that these men do and we avoid them, even if the man who is using these techniques is a perfectly genuine guy. Sweet talking or complimenting me with cheesy lines? HUGE red flag for me. Trying to touch me 10 minutes after you meet me? Even though you see it as sweet and that you're just being flirty, I see it as a huge red flag. This is just a general 'you' btw, not you in particular.

There are a lot of nice women in the world, I know quite a few of them. I used to consider myself one until I got used too many times and realized being nice isn't always a good thing. I'm not necessarily mean, but I am guarded.
Now that is pretty ignorant, i have to admit.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:04 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,017,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Now that is pretty ignorant, i have to admit.
Why is that?

Old 10-12-2012, 08:04 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:

It's tough to deny that women are hypocrites though. They don't like players, but then if you are too clingy, they don't like that either. No matter what i do, it's wrong.
Men are the same way; they don't want women who spread their favors around too much, but they hate clingy. This is reality. If you're having trouble finding a happy medium, see your therapist.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Interesting how you went from 'men treat women like gold' and 'men cater to women' to most men are awful as well.

Different experiences to men don't usually try to make claims or it's not as common as in my experience most men are quick to lament about how nice men are and what nice guys they are often saying being too nice is their flaw.

Absolutely amusing how you talk of hypocrisy when you've shown an array of hypocrisy such as lamenting how feminists scapegoat men for other men's actions while scapegoating women for other women's actions.
Yea, you nailed me on that one. I have to decide which one of these statements i agree with. Touche.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Men are the same way; they don't want women who spread their favors around too much, but they hate clingy. This is reality. If you're having trouble finding a happy medium, see your therapist.
Oh, believe me, i will be seeing her next week, and we will be discussing in great detail all of the mean things that were said to me on this board.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Why is that?
Touching a woman 10 mins after you meet her... that seems rude and offensive.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:10 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:
Oh, believe me, i will be seeing her next week, and we will be discussing in great detail all of the mean things that were said to me on this board.
Are you going to be honest with them and tell them how you instigated things, how you called women arrogant and mean, how you ignored everyone who tried to be supportive of you, how you ignored the the comments that would lend some insight as to why your lines don't work, how you wouldn't try to understand anyone's point of view but your own? Are you going to be honest? A therapist can only help if you are honest - not if you lie.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:11 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,017,268 times
Quote:
Touching a woman 10 mins after you meet her... that seems rude and offensive.
Yes, it is....sorry, I read that the wrong way, thought you were saying what JJ said was ignorant.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:11 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Fascinating. I suspect it'll take more than one session to cover all that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships