Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2012, 08:13 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Are you going to be honest with them and tell them how you instigated things, how you called women arrogant and mean, how you ignored everyone who tried to be supportive of you, how you ignored the the comments that would lend some insight as to why your lines don't work, how you wouldn't try to understand anyone's point of view but your own?
Right, don't forget this part. And the part about your OP's being so outrageous, that the mods had to delete them.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:13 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Oh, believe me, i will be seeing her next week, and we will be discussing in great detail all of the mean things that were said to me on this board.
I hope you are going to be honest enough to tell your therapist that you have also said some rather mean things about women this week, too.
I mean that in a sincere way, therapy doesnt work if one cannot be completely honest about oneself.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:21 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Multi-date? I thought women didn't like guys who were players.

I always invest heavily... maybe that's why i always get hurt.

It's tough to deny that women are hypocrites though. They don't like players, but then if you are too clingy, they don't like that either. No matter what i do, it's wrong.

To be honest though, i don't really have any interest in being a player, so i guess it's sort of a moot point.
Don't be a player and don't be clingy, there is a happy medium. NEVER invest heavily in a new relationship, EVER.

It seems to me you're the type of guy that goes balls to the wall when a woman shows interest in you, which probably scares them away. When a man is that intense, it makes the woman think that he's going to be controlling and need to be around you all the time, which isn't what most women want.

Don't invest heavily, keep things light and non-commital until you get to know her.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:23 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,639,161 times
Quote:
Multi-date? I thought women didn't like guys who were players.

I always invest heavily... maybe that's why i always get hurt.

It's tough to deny that women are hypocrites though. They don't like players, but then if you are too clingy, they don't like that either. No matter what i do, it's wrong.

To be honest though, i don't really have any interest in being a player, so i guess it's sort of a moot point.
Multi-dating isn't necessarily being a player and it's probably suited for you to not invest heavily.

People are hypocrites though I'm unsure how women not liking players and clingers is an example of women being hypocrites. Bit curious as to how a woman not liking players and clingers is her being a hypocrite.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:49 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,181,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Fascinating. I suspect it'll take more than one session to cover all that.
Udolipixie's comments alone could probably cover a whole session.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:51 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Udolipixie's comments alone could probably cover a whole session.
You do understand that you are baiting people and then when they take the bait - you scream about how you are being victimized - right? You do see this? And you will talk to your therapist about this - right?

Old 10-12-2012, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Don't be a player and don't be clingy, there is a happy medium. NEVER invest heavily in a new relationship, EVER.

It seems to me you're the type of guy that goes balls to the wall when a woman shows interest in you,
which probably scares them away. When a man is that intense, it makes the woman think that he's going to be controlling and need to be around you all the time, which isn't what most women want.

Don't invest heavily, keep things light and non-commital until you get to know her.

This is very true.

And also, I have been accused of being clingy on a number of occasions. This is one of the major reasons i don't think women are nice. How nice is is to be in a relationship with someone you are supposed to care about, and then tell them they are spending too much time with you? If i'm going to get yelled at for being clingy and for caring too much, why even bother trying to find a woman at all? What's the point if you have to always be on guard about getting attached and showing your feelings?

Old 10-12-2012, 08:53 PM

Quote:
You do understand that you are baiting people and then when they take the bait - you scream about how you are being victimized - right? You do see this? And you will talk to your therapist about this - right?

Old 10-12-2012, 08:54 PM

Quote:
This is very true.

And also, I have been accused of being clingy on a number of occasions. This is one of the major reasons i don't think women are nice. How nice is is to be in a relationship with someone you are supposed to care about, and then tell them they are spending too much time with you?
So one of the major reasons you don't think women are nice is because they tell you that you're clingy? Bit curious as to what are the other major reasons.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:57 PM

Quote:
I am planning on telling my therapist that i am starting to hate women because i feel so rejected. My therapist is a woman, but i'm going to try and think of her as being gender-neutral for these purposes. I am not sure what specifically i am going to say from the conversations on the forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.