Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2012, 06:22 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,638,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
I thought i was a really nice guy, loyal, dedicated to making my woman feel beautiful and special, doing little things to make her happy. Intelligent, hard working, attractive. But you ladies and the females i have met over the years have made it crystal clear that either I do not have these qualities or that I do have these qualities but they are not the things that women want. So I don't really know anymore. I am not sure what else you would like me to say at this point. I guess I am probably not that nice anymore. I used to be really nice, but I guess now I am sarcastic and snarky. I still would be nice if I found a nice woman though. I would treat her like gold. I am still very compassionate toward people who are suffering, but I have to admit I am not as universally nice to people in general as I used to be.
Likely you don't have such qualities with your mindset of women and never had such qualities with your admittance that you previously only thought of looks when regarding women.

Seems what you have to offer her is niceness after she proves something to you because she has a vagina. Possibly you'd fare better with foreign women or mail order brides any inclination on taking action with those options?

Old 10-12-2012, 06:28 PM

691 posts, read 1,427,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
And most women aren't born with a disrespect or distrust of men, we LEARN it through life's experiences as more and more men treat us badly.

Remove yourself from the situation. Don't date. Relegate women to friends only status and go from there. .
Then you and other women would be calling him a misogynist. You forget that its acceptable for you to distrust men; yet the OP is still supposed to respect & revere women and give women the benefit of the doubt even though he gets the same treatment from the opposite sex that you get.

And as usual, the women on here turn a guys sob-story post into a "women suffer too" thread. He does have a point that a lot of women lack compassion for men in general. When I was in a jam, can't say I've ever had one woman offer help me (not that I wanted or needed help) who didn't want something back. I have also seen women reject guys in the cruelest ways and then justify it. I could see in their eyes that they enjoyed and got off on crushing someone's self esteem.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:32 PM

691 posts, read 1,427,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Honestly I just don't care to try anymore.

I can go to bars. It got me nowhere the last dozens or hundred times I went. If there were meet up groups here I might be interested in joining one or 2, but there isn't any. Mostly old folks and addicts in this area, or married, middle aged couples and married right out of highschool couples.

Though I think I've stopped complaining about it. Or at least, I complain less lol. I just have to accept it and do what I can to live.
Yeah I think you're 100% correct. Life sucks for most people except for the top 1%. There's nothing you can do about it so the only option is to adapt and hope for an improvement.

And its pointless to complain about someone not finding you attractive because they are in their right to think so. They're entitled to their preferences.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:35 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,638,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger1985 View Post
Then you and other women would be calling him a misogynist. You forget that its acceptable for you to distrust men; yet the OP is still supposed to respect & revere women and give women the benefit of the doubt even though he gets the same treatment from the opposite sex that you get.

And as usual, the women on here turn a guys sob-story post into a "women suffer too" thread.
It's acceptable in some environments I highly doubt that's the norm considering how often women are shamed for not trusting men, being offended by mens sexual behavior towards them, or calling men creepy when they are uncomfortable by the man's words/actions.

Unsure where in this thread you got the OP is still supposed to respect and revere women when no one has advised him to do so.

I didn't see a single comment that is 10 pages back as turning it into 'woman suffer too' as men on here turn a gal's thread into 'men suffer too and men suffer more'. I did see it as making a comparison showing that distrust isn't exclusive to men as well as offering him a coping mechanism.

Last edited by udolipixie; 10-12-2012 at 07:21 PM..

Old 10-12-2012, 07:12 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:

And as usual, the women on here turn a guys sob-story post into a "women suffer too" thread. He does have a point that a lot of women lack compassion for men in general. When I was in a jam, can't say I've ever had one woman offer help me (not that I wanted or needed help) who didn't want something back. I have also seen women reject guys in the cruelest ways and then justify it. I could see in their eyes that they enjoyed and got off on crushing someone's self esteem.
No way, most women are insane users.

Most PEOPLE are messed up. I trust men just as much as I trust most women, but since I'm not romantically interested in women they matter less to me in that sense. If he doesn't want to respect and revere women that's his thing, no skin off my back. I think he should remove himself from the dating market if he's going to treat women poorly or be outright mean to them. This WILL cause issues in the women's lives in the future and is that worth it? Why take down others with you?

Old 10-12-2012, 07:28 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,181,461 times
Quote:

Thanks for the support!

Old 10-12-2012, 07:33 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
I could see in their eyes that they enjoyed and got off on crushing someone's self esteem.
Most women aren't sadistic.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
No way, most women are insane users.

Most PEOPLE are messed up. I trust men just as much as I trust most women, but since I'm not romantically interested in women they matter less to me in that sense. If he doesn't want to respect and revere women that's his thing, no skin off my back. I think he should remove himself from the dating market if he's going to treat women poorly or be outright mean to them. This WILL cause issues in the women's lives in the future and is that worth it? Why take down others with you?
Yea i guess that's sort of the thing... i think that most MEN are awful as well, but i just never think about it much because i'm not trying to date a man. I do think that women are more hypocritical about it though. Men don't usually try to make claims about how nice males are or how good of people they are. Occasionally some men do, but it's not as common. But a lot of women would have you believe there are just a plethora of nice women in the world.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Most women aren't sadistic.
Except for the women on the board, and in real life, who seem to enjoy insulting me and making me feel worse. That's a bit sadistic.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:35 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
But a lot of women would have you believe there are just a plethora of nice women in the world.
I still don't understand why you're not able to find nice women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.