Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2012, 10:13 PM

78 posts, read 120,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
It's kindoff weird. On the Internet I see men complain FAR more then women, but in real life I see more of the opposite(and its not even close). I think it's more of online being a place where some guys can "vent" where they don't have that avenue in their real lives. Now do some go overboard absolutely
This has been my experience as well. Obviously if something very traumatic happens in a guys life he is more apt to vent, but the only times any guys I know vent about everyday problems in real life is after too many beers.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:38 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,182,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Oh.my.God. You still don't get it. It's like we're speaking two different languages.

You give an example of a line you used on a woman, 4 women here agreed it was cheesy and they wouldn't find it appealing, and instead of saying "okay, do you have any suggestions on what a more flattering approach might be?", you again lash out and call us stuck up, arrogant, spoiled and high-maintenance.

It's quite evident that you'd just rather keep doing what you've been doing all along, not caring how you're perceived by women you're attracted to, having no success, and blaming all women for it, including the "meanies" who've been trying to help you here.

You'll definitely have better luck with the foreign women you're off to pursue because cheesy probably doesn't translate into their native tongue.
Hey, if the shoe fits. Everyone is giving me a hard time for saying these things, but nobody has any evidence or supporting points to refute them.

And of course nobody is refuting my points. Because it would sound ridiculous if you tried to. If someone tells you that you are beautiful, and instead of being flattered and classy and appreciative of the compliment, you focus on how "cheesy" the delivery was, that is an example of stuck up, arrogant behavior. Only a person who gets hit on a LOT and has a very highly inflated ego would react this way. And since 4 different women reacted this way in one post, that supports my conclusion that most American women get hit on a lot and have a highly inflated ego. A woman who rarely gets hit on would most likely find it somewhat flattering.

I would be interested to hear someone explain to me why they feel that American women are NOT arrogant. I agree that a SMALL HANDFUL are probably very nice, but the women on this forum act like the MAJORITY of American women are sweethearts, while only a small handful are mean and arrogant. Yet right here in this forum, on one post, 4 people thought it would be "cheesy" if a guy told her that she was beautiful.

I have been reading that people around the world generally agree that most American women are out of their minds. European women and Russian women just sort of shrug their shoulders and shake their heads when you mention American women. American ladies have a reputation for being exceptionally arrogant and demanding. But oh, they are oh so pretty. It's a trade-off i guess between inner beauty and outer beauty.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:53 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Hey, if the shoe fits. Everyone is giving me a hard time for saying these things, but nobody has any evidence or supporting points to refute them.

And of course nobody is refuting my points. Because it would sound ridiculous if you tried to. If someone tells you that you are beautiful, and instead of being flattered and classy and appreciative of the compliment, you focus on how "cheesy" the delivery was, that is an example of stuck up, arrogant behavior. Only a person who gets hit on a LOT and has a very highly inflated ego would react this way. And since 4 different women reacted this way in one post, that supports my conclusion that most American women get hit on a lot and have a highly inflated ego. A woman who rarely gets hit on would most likely find it somewhat flattering.

I would be interested to hear someone explain to me why they feel that American women are NOT arrogant. I agree that a SMALL HANDFUL are probably very nice, but the women on this forum act like the MAJORITY of American women are sweethearts, while only a small handful are mean and arrogant. Yet right here in this forum, on one post, 4 people thought it would be "cheesy" if a guy told her that she was beautiful.

I have been reading that people around the world generally agree that most American women are out of their minds. European women and Russian women just sort of shrug their shoulders and shake their heads when you mention American women. American ladies have a reputation for being exceptionally arrogant and demanding. But oh, they are oh so pretty. It's a trade-off i guess between inner beauty and outer beauty.
You are completely misunderstanding - and I'm not sure if it's willful or not. The reason that your line is garnering criticism is not because you tell a woman that she's beautiful - it's because it doesn't sound sincere. Someone not responding well to a line that doesn't sound sincere is not arrogance. When a guy delivers a line - he comes off like a player. It makes it seem like if she doesn't fall for the line, he'll move right on over to the girl next to her and try it on her.

I can't speak for all women - but I value sincerity. When I am getting to know someone - I want to GET TO KNOW THEM. If you come off sounding phony - well, you've already put up a wall blocking me from getting to know the real you. In addition to that - yes, it feels great to hear that you are beautiful - but not with some stock phrase that sounds like you rehearsed it and say it all the time. Instead of making you feel beautiful - it makes you feel like just another girl that some guy is trying to get into bed with her. Honestly - you don't even need to compliment someone in order to get to know them. Just ask them their name. Ask them what kind of food they like. Ask them about the last movie they saw. Just treat them like a fellow human being.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:39 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
You are completely misunderstanding - and I'm not sure if it's willful or not. The reason that your line is garnering criticism is not because you tell a woman that she's beautiful - it's because it doesn't sound sincere. Someone not responding well to a line that doesn't sound sincere is not arrogance. When a guy delivers a line - he comes off like a player. It makes it seem like if she doesn't fall for the line, he'll move right on over to the girl next to her and try it on her.

I can't speak for all women - but I value sincerity. When I am getting to know someone - I want to GET TO KNOW THEM. If you come off sounding phony - well, you've already put up a wall blocking me from getting to know the real you. In addition to that - yes, it feels great to hear that you are beautiful - but not with some stock phrase that sounds like you rehearsed it and say it all the time. Instead of making you feel beautiful - it makes you feel like just another girl that some guy is trying to get into bed with her. Honestly - you don't even need to compliment someone in order to get to know them. Just ask them their name. Ask them what kind of food they like. Ask them about the last movie they saw. Just treat them like a fellow human being.
lpfan, please read Dewdrops response here, it's right on the money.

If a guy comes up to me and tells me I'm beautiful I will immediately think he's not being sincere and that he's trying to butter me up to get me into bed. I.E. to use me.

I've learned a TON of stuff from a very manipulative male friend of mine and this is one of the things he does to sweet talk a woman into getting naked. Throw a TON of compliments her way, make her feel like she's special so she'll let her guard down, talk her into sleeping with him, leave right afterwards never speaking to her again.

Keep the physical compliments for when you know her a bit better (a few dates down the road) and let her know you value her for MORE than just her physical attributes.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:47 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,522,377 times
I have to agree. You shouldn't start complimenting her on her physical looks right off the rip. However saying something like that outfit looks nice, probably wouldn't hurt. Going overboard with how beautiful a woman is, and you don't even know her comes off corny,and makes you look desperate. And just like a dog smells fear, people smell desperation from a mile away.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:53 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayyes View Post
This has been my experience as well. Obviously if something very traumatic happens in a guys life he is more apt to vent, but the only times any guys I know vent about everyday problems in real life is after too many beers.
Yup. The Internet basically opened the floodgates to men complaining. I think it comes down to there's certain things even if a man is hurting, he can't tell anyone in his real life because men don't talk to their male friends about that(or anyone tbh). It's seen as a sign of weakness. So on the Internet where their identities are safe they vent

Old 10-12-2012, 06:59 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,522,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Yup. The Internet basically opened the floodgates to men complaining. Never see this in real life
That's because if guys did this in real life, they would get ridiculed. I won't lie, if I were out with my guy friends, and a guy started complaining about some of things said on here, he would get clowned and told to stop complaining so much. Not saying it's wrong or right, but that's just how it is. So I can't really blame anyone who has to vent their frustrations here, because they know they have nowhere else to do it.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:25 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,612,191 times
Like others said, you're better off complimenting her on an article of clothing than how beautiful she is right off the bat. Tell her you like her earrings, or her watch or something. Usually not many guys notice jewelry, so it's always a shock when we would get a compliment on it because we have to put thought into choosing the right ones for our outfit. This way you get to pay a compliment, but it doesn't sound like a come on.

Does that help?

You tell a woman a line like "are all women from your state as beautiful as you" and it sounds like a cheesy pick up line that you said to 15 other women yesterday. Don't worry about lines. Hell don't even worry about trying to attract her. Just act like you're trying to have a conversation with anyone else you might encounter.

At the supermarket you could ask about an item and if they recommend it. If you're in a parking lot, you could ask them how do they like their car because you were thinking of buying that model.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:00 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,074,553 times
Quote:

Based of this comment, should I assume that russian women and european women are easy to figure out?

Old 10-12-2012, 01:11 PM

29,748 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
So let me get this straight. You're getting shot down by women, and when the women on this forum tell you that using a cheesy line won't work (and it hasn't! You said so yourself!) you tell us that we're all being "mean and arrogant." It couldn't at all be that your approach is off the mark. Nah, it's WOMEN. That's the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships