Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 11:20 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,015,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
If you're not interested in what other people have to say, then why post on a public forum at all? A personal journal would be a better option for working out your feelings without the risk of criticism from others.

No! VALIDATE me!

Old 10-11-2012, 11:20 AM

1,791 posts, read 3,182,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Let me ask you this - what do you want out of life? Do you want to see women in a more positive light? Do you want to be able to see women as individuals as opposed to some power hungry, controlling entity? Do you want to be able to have good relationships with women? Because if you truly want this and you work toward it - it's possible. But it's like anything else in life - if you don't want to change, nobody can MAKE you change. A therapist can only HELP you make changes - they can't make them for you. This is why it's so hard to treat things like eating disorders - the patient doesn't WANT to get better.

It seems like you lash out at everyone - those that are trying to help as much as those that just point out things you don't want to hear. What are you getting out of this? If CD makes you angry and upset - maybe you should take a break from it. When trying to improve yourself and your life - you need to make decisions that help you on your journey.
It seems like you, specifically, are trying to help me. To the extent that i have lashed out at you or misjudged you in the past, i am sorry. As for the rest of these people, i think a lot of them are just being condescending.

Old 10-11-2012, 11:21 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,378,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
For the record, i wasn't ALWAYS like this... sarcastic, snarky, posting conspiracy theories about women. I used to be a really nice guy, very polite and respectful. It's years of rejection taking it's toll. I know there are some of you Perfect People out there, you Chosen Ones, who don't react negatively to negative experiences, but i guess i'm not one of them. Most men aren't BORN with a disrespect or distrust of women... we LEARN it through life's experiences as more and more women treat us badly.
Then I strongly recommend a personal journal, because if your goal is to move toward a healthier place in your relationship with women, posting at C-D is probably creating a negative feedback loop.

Old 10-11-2012, 11:23 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times
Quote:
For the record, i wasn't ALWAYS like this... sarcastic, snarky, posting conspiracy theories about women. I used to be a really nice guy, very polite and respectful. It's years of rejection taking it's toll. I know there are some of you Perfect People out there, you Chosen Ones, who don't react negatively to negative experiences, but i guess i'm not one of them. Most men aren't BORN with a disrespect or distrust of women... we LEARN it through life's experiences as more and more women treat us badly.
And most women aren't born with a disrespect or distrust of men, we LEARN it through life's experiences as more and more men treat us badly.

Remove yourself from the situation. Don't date. Relegate women to friends only status and go from there. I don't trust the vast majority of men I come across because of my past experiences. If they prove to me they are trustworthy people, then so be it. Until then, I treat them as acquaintances and nothing more.

Old 10-11-2012, 11:24 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:
What do you get out of it by putting all the blame on women? Does it make you feel better? Does it make you happier? Instead of always saying that the way you are is completely the fault of women and that we all treat men badly - how about looking at the women that have treated you badly. Did they treat all men badly? Was there a reason they treated you badly? How did you treat them? Were they good people to begin with or were they not very nice people. Have ALL the women in your life treated you badly? Your mother? Your sister? Your friends? Do you think maybe you have been going after the wrong women or surrounding yourself with the wrong people?

Yes - most men aren't born being disrespectful and distrustful of women. And most men AREN'T disrespectful and distrustful of women. If all you want is a place to blame, put down, and denigrate women - I'm sure there are websites dedicated to just that. You can post on there and everyone can agree with you and tell you that women are evil and the cause of all the problems in the world. However, you chose to post here. A lot of us ARE women. You couldn't have really expected us to blame ourselves for your bitterness - right? I mean, we have some female posters on here who think all men are liars and cheaters. Do you think that they are right?

Old 10-11-2012, 11:29 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:
It seems like you, specifically, are trying to help me. To the extent that i have lashed out at you or misjudged you in the past, i am sorry. As for the rest of these people, i think a lot of them are just being condescending.
I genuinely am trying to help you - but you have to understand that when you attack people - they usually will either attack back or lose their respect for you. Most of your posts and threads here attack women - those aren't going to go over well with most people.

If you truly want to change - then you can. But you have to want to. When I had an eating disorder - most of the time I really didn't want to get better. I wanted to be super skinny even if I had to die to get there. I was miserable. The choice to get better had to come from me. I had to figure out what was important. Are you happy being bitter? Are you happy lashing out at people? I doubt it. It's just that maybe it's all you know now. In order to find happiness - you need to break the pattern.

Old 10-11-2012, 11:30 AM

11,800 posts, read 12,040,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
What do you get out of it by putting all the blame on women? Does it make you feel better? Does it make you happier? Instead of always saying that the way you are is completely the fault of women and that we all treat men badly - how about looking at the women that have treated you badly. Did they treat all men badly? Was there a reason they treated you badly? How did you treat them? Were they good people to begin with or were they not very nice people. Have ALL the women in your life treated you badly? Your mother? Your sister? Your friends? Do you think maybe you have been going after the wrong women or surrounding yourself with the wrong people?

Yes - most men aren't born being disrespectful and distrustful of women. And most men AREN'T disrespectful and distrustful of women. If all you want is a place to blame, put down, and denigrate women - I'm sure there are websites dedicated to just that. You can post on there and everyone can agree with you and tell you that women are evil and the cause of all the problems in the world. However, you chose to post here. A lot of us ARE women. You couldn't have really expected us to blame ourselves for your bitterness - right? I mean, we have some female posters on here who think all men are liars and cheaters. Do you think that they are right?
^^^This. Blaming is easy, and the easy thing to do is almost never the right thing to do.

As for being treated badly, there are times in life when it's not your fault, but there are other times when you're a participant. If someone treats you badly, they might be wrong for doing it, but you're also wrong to allow it to happen to you.

The bottom line is complaining versus doing. One gets you nothing, the other will get results if you make the effort.

Old 10-11-2012, 11:38 AM

264 posts, read 309,384 times
"I want to be with a guy who spends his time whining about how an entire gender is to blame for his anger, loneliness, and bitterness"-No one ever, at any time.

Start with your Mommy Issues, sport. See where it goes from there.

Old 10-11-2012, 01:00 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,802,578 times
Quote:
It's been a lot more than one woman. If it was one woman, or a small handful of women, i would see your point. But it's been my whole life. The rejection just gets tough to take after awhile. It wears on one's self esteem. I hope you never have to go through it. It is a rough experience.
Part of me wants to give you a hug and part of me has to ask you a very difficult question. Do you think it's you or all of the women through out your life that are at fault? I'm not trying to be mean here but I think you need to discover what you're doing to drive people away. What were some of the reasons your past girlfriends gave for dumping you if you don't mind sharing? I feel very bad for you but you may be your own worst enemy.

Old 10-11-2012, 01:03 PM

29,748 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
What were some of the reasons your past girlfriends gave for dumping you if you don't mind sharing? I feel very bad for you but you may be your own worst enemy.
I was wondering this myself. When guys talk about "lifetimes of rejection" I wonder if women are pointing and laughing in his face or if it's just that the women he wants don't want him back or even know that he exists. Are they being actively cruel or not paying him any attention at all?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships