Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 03:39 AM

13,613 posts, read 10,020,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corazon12 View Post
I have a buddy who is interested in being my wingman IF I were to go through with it. So I asked my "date" if here friend is cute. Her reply, "She is ok but she is really smart."

Well, can't fault her for honesty. But I won't make my buddy take a grenade for me.
He may not see it that way, smart is good, if you can match it.

What have you got to lose? Go for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2012, 05:40 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,471,880 times
I doubt very much her friend is having a birthday. Would be fun to tell the people at the restaurant you go to that this woman is having a birthday and do they offer a free dessert etc. They always ask for ID when they do that and if it really isn't her birthday you'll find out quickly.

Seriously though, I don't think it is her friends birthday, I think she does not feel comfortable going out with you alone. Now you can only answer why that may be the case. Think about it from this friends point of view. If you were her would you be wanting to go with your friend on a date? No, of course not. I guess I'd go on the date to just see what happens, but this is not looking good for a relationship. Make this her last chance and if she comes up with anymore crap then forget about her and move on.

Old 10-06-2012, 08:19 AM

3,111 posts, read 8,052,382 times
I would pass on that situation.

Old 10-06-2012, 08:22 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,704,681 times
I guess its no harm no foul, accept the date, have a good time, see where it goes and then reevaluate.

Old 10-06-2012, 11:03 AM

1,241 posts, read 1,894,600 times
This could be a set up for you to pay for her and her friend.
On the other hand, what is your purpose for/with this woman?
On a second date I think it's a little early to hang out with her and her girlfriend considering you two should be getting to know each other better.
Not sure about this chick. Think you better let her go.
**p.s. if you decide to go out with her and the friend, keep us posted on what happened.

Old 10-06-2012, 05:19 PM

65 posts, read 105,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatgirl007 View Post
This could be a set up for you to pay for her and her friend.
On the other hand, what is your purpose for/with this woman?
On a second date I think it's a little early to hang out with her and her girlfriend considering you two should be getting to know each other better.
Not sure about this chick. Think you better let her go.
**p.s. if you decide to go out with her and the friend, keep us posted on what happened.
Update: I went on the "date" with her and her friend. We went for drinks. I paid for the first round. They paid for rounds 2 and 3.

Old 10-06-2012, 05:55 PM

Update: I went on the date with this lady and her friend. I will call the girl I am interested in Kate.

To recap our brief history:
1. Kate and I went on our first date ONE month ago. We were alone on that date.
2. Kate flaked on our 2nd date about two weeks ago with no warning or explanation. She did follow up a few days later with an apologetic text. So I decided to give her a 2nd chance.
3. I put in a lot of phone time with Kate over the last month.
4. One week ago she asked me out for a 2nd date. There was no disucssion of a friend joining us.
5. The day of the date she told me she wanted to bring a friend because it was her birthday.

Over the phone, while Kate and her friend were on their way to pick me up, Kate called me her AMIGO two times. She is a Latina. I took that as a singnal that she wanted to just be friends. Just a day earlier I was "sweetie" in one text she sent me.
Once I got in the car, her friend revealed that her birthday was actually one week ago. So why the need to bring the friend?

The vibe I got from Kate on the "date" was hard to read but it was generally friendly with no overt romantic or physical gestures from her. At the bar, a guy with an interesting dinner jacket on walked past us. I asked Kate what she thought of the jacket. Her reply, "Oh my he is good looking."

Also, note that Kate has on numberous occassions told me about all the doctors and rich guys she has dated including one ex-boyfriend who bought her a car. She definitely exhibits a materialistic streak that is UNATTRACTIVE including one statement about her desire to "find a rich husband."

So I finally just slipped and said to myself: Why am I chasing so hard after this girl? I chased her for an entire month to get a 2nd date and she brings a friend on the date?

There were a ton of other attrative ladies in the bar. So near the end of the night there was this very sexy girl dancing in front of where we were sitting. I happened to bump into her on my way back from the restoom and we started chatting. This was all in clear view of Kate and her friend. Kate's friend seemed to encourage it because she said, "Hey do you need a pen for the number." I doubt she'd say that if Kate had told her she was really interested me. So I went ahead and got this other woman's number. Very attractive lady with a pleasant personality. A little while later Kate told me I should go have a dance with that woman. I said no thanks and just stayed by Kate and her friend.

As the night ended and we headed to the car, I sensed Kate get a little cold toward me. She may only want to be friends with me but I know she is an attention w-h-o-r-e and the fact I approached another woman may have taken her by surprise. Until now she's had my undivided attention or so she thinks. Not sure.

I am not 100% certain I read the situation last night correctly. One buddy of mine said I did the right thing. Another one tells me I should have kept all my interest on Kate. That this was some kind of test. And perhaps she wanted to get her friend's take on me.

At this point, 100% of my attention is on OTHER women.

Old 10-06-2012, 06:33 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,201,344 times
Good for you OP. A woman who is definitely interested in a man doesnt act like that. She really put off some weird vibes, and didnt seem like she was into you. Plus, she brought the friend along, which is a bad sign. Either she was nervous about being alone with you, or wanted a friend there because she wanted someone else to talk to because she wasnt really into you, etc..etc.

Neither is a good sign. Let that mess go, and find other women who dont play such games.

Old 10-06-2012, 06:48 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corazon12 View Post
At this point, 100% of my attention is on OTHER women.
Hey, congrats on making lemonade from a bag of lemons! Weird date. Why did Kate ask you out for a 2nd date in the first place, if she wasn't interested? Oh well, it doesn't matter now, you did a great job of moving on
P.S. Did you know she was that into money and having gifts showered on her after your first date? Or during the phone month? She really doesn't sound like 2nd-date material, anyway.

Old 10-06-2012, 07:53 PM

Thanks for your input Ruth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why did Kate ask you out for a 2nd date in the first place, if she wasn't interested?.
I suspect she became interested only because I stopped calling her and giving her attention. After she flaked on Date No. 2, I stopped calling her. She likes being the center of attention and telling people she has tons of guys chasing her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
P.S. Did you know she was that into money and having gifts showered on her after your first date? Or during the phone month? She really doesn't sound like 2nd-date material, anyway.
Yes, you are right she wasn't good 2nd date material. I did know about her shallow & materialistic side BEFORE date 2. So I only have myself to blame for that. She also has a very conceited side to her that is just horrible. She told me she ran into an ex recently who called her out on this....that she should be more humble and less cocky about her looks, etc. He is RIGHT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships