Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 10:12 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
I'm 31... mine is still sky high. What age does it start to slow down? And do you older guys think it's a blessing not being horny all the time? Are you better able to enjoy other things in life without always worrying about trying to get laid? Do you find that you get more productive at work, enjoy time with your family more, etc...?

The men that I have known I'm sure their libido will decrease the moment they die and not one moment sooner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2012, 04:11 AM

3,576 posts, read 10,660,312 times
At 50 I see no signs that it's lessening, so I don't know when it might.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:39 AM

1,250 posts, read 2,158,989 times
The answer is...never. Also, it depends.

My grandparents were still going at it in their 80's. (how do we know -- My grandpa would tell us in the morning what he and grandma were up to the night before!!! Can you say OVERSHARING?)

Working in geriatric facilities, even (or especially) with folks with Alzheimer's/dementia, it's sometimes like a college dorm there's so much bed-hopping and boy-girl drama. I'm talking about folks in their 90's, etc. More than a few CNAs walked in on an NC-17 scene. Sometimes it was a solo act, which tells you they can do the deed, and they are willing.

(aren't you sorry you asked? personally I think it's beautiful)

Old 10-10-2012, 10:45 AM

64 posts, read 111,333 times
I'm in my 50s and libido is still strong .. but it's varied over time.

I've had periods in my life where I was stressed, in a poor relationship, taking SSRI (because of the relationship), taking blood pressure medications (because of stress and being fat), where my libido was substantially reduced.

My libido has increased steadily since ending the poor relationship, ending the SSRI, getting involved in a loving relationship, eating healthy, reducing stresses, and reducing blood pressure medicine.

In fact, my libido/drive/desire is as strong as I can ever remember it being, it's just my recycle time is reduced (but even that has improved with diet, exercise, and reduction of medications). In fact, my drive has begun to surpass that of my wife, and it's a bit of a surprise to both of us. I don't think she ever expected me to get MORE interested as time passed.

So, as with many such things, the answer is "it depends."

Old 10-10-2012, 11:02 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,240,868 times
There's no definite answer. Everyone is different and health plays a role in it as well. My husband is pushing 50 and his libido is just fine. His brother is older and we have to keep things nailed down lol

Old 10-11-2012, 11:06 PM

22 posts, read 125,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
This is completely untrue. It's utterly specious in many cases.

I run marathons and also hang with the ultra marathon crowd and triathelete crowd. Trust me--- NO ONE is fitter than these people. There are a number of my male friends in this realm who have low testosterone. They have to take weekly shots to get their levels up to normal and before the shots had almost zero libido. Do they tell me this? NO. But their wives or S.O.'s have told me. Low testosterone affects millions of men and it's oftentimes totally unrelated to their fitness levels.

The fittest man on earth can genetically have a low libido or suffer from low T. And the fattest piece of garbage on the planet can be 80 and still balling all night.
Did you ever consider that maybe these men have "low T" because of their training? That amount of aerobic exercise is nowhere near normal. You may consider them healthy, but all that activity puts a big strain on the body. Sex drive and sex hormones are one of the first things the body gives up when stressed or sick. Just like the women who exercise excessively and lose their menstrual periods, men can also experience exercise induced hormone imbalance. Seriously, they do medical studies on this. Endurance training decreases testosterone and increases cortisol in men. I don't see that as healthy. Don't kid yourself into thinking this group of men all just happen to be so genetically unlikely that they have abnormally low testosterone. It's behaviorally induced. They did it to themselves.

And it's really unlikely that the "fattest piece of garbage" will be "80 and still balling all night". Adipose cells produce estrogen... not good for "balling".

Old 10-11-2012, 11:15 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,661,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nygal82 View Post
Did you ever consider that maybe these men have "low T" because of their training? That amount of aerobic exercise is nowhere near normal. You may consider them healthy, but all that activity puts a big strain on the body. Sex drive and sex hormones are one of the first things the body gives up when stressed or sick. Just like the women who exercise excessively and lose their menstrual periods, men can also experience exercise induced hormone imbalance. Seriously, they do medical studies on this. Endurance training decreases testosterone and increases cortisol in men. I don't see that as healthy. Don't kid yourself into thinking this group of men all just happen to be so genetically unlikely that they have abnormally low testosterone. It's behaviorally induced. They did it to themselves.

And it's really unlikely that the "fattest piece of garbage" will be "80 and still balling all night". Adipose cells produce estrogen... not good for "balling".

Hmmm....interesting.

Old 10-11-2012, 11:28 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,481,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
I'm 31... mine is still sky high. What age does it start to slow down? And do you older guys think it's a blessing not being horny all the time? Are you better able to enjoy other things in life without always worrying about trying to get laid? Do you find that you get more productive at work, enjoy time with your family more, etc...?
I'm 41 and I think about sex everyday.

[the only difference between now and when I was 21/31 is I've become more efficient about it]

Old 10-11-2012, 11:30 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,481,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
Honestly, I have no desire for sexual activity. It's like "What's the point?" I don't really see it or see a benefit from it.
You must be dead.

[posting from beyond, apparently]

Old 10-11-2012, 11:49 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,661,345 times
I think there are some guys who have low testosterone (for whatever reason) and they tend to be kind of apathetic towards sex. I think some of them fear being labeled gay so they get into relationships with women for the emotional aspects and even get married and have kids and stuff but the sexual part of the relationship that normal couples have is nearly void. Things ends up working out well if they get with a woman who has a low sex drive but not so well with a woman who has an average to high sex drive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships