Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 08:20 PM

9 posts, read 65,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
I'm still a couple of years away from 60 but the main reason I would prefer someone in the 40s age range is due to my energy level.

As far as the prolonging life - I asked a doctor if there was a difference between actually having sex with someone and masturbation. He could not or would not give me an answer. I was a bit ticked at his attitude and it was a main reason why I recently changed doctors.
Many doctors are simply too embarrassed to talk about sex and would rather paper it over with a quick response and switch to another topic related to your health. Part of that is because the standard curriculum in medical school barely covers sexuality that's not related to disease or physical deformity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2013, 08:25 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
I'm still a couple of years away from 60 but the main reason I would prefer someone in the 40s age range is due to my energy level.

As far as the prolonging life - I asked a doctor if there was a difference between actually having sex with someone and masturbation. He could not or would not give me an answer. I was a bit ticked at his attitude and it was a main reason why I recently changed doctors.
The Taoist longevity practices for men are about learning to retain the semen when having orgasm. Spilling the semen ages you, they believe. So it wouldn't make any difference whether you ejaculated into a woman or anywhere else. You're supposed to prevent ejaculation by learning to use the musculature in that area, around the perineum.

...since you asked....

Old 07-24-2013, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Some woman complain that men in their 60s who still have it do not want to date woman in their own age range..that they seek out woman in the 40s. I agree..for a man who has passed the age of 60 - a 40 year old female is considered hot young stuff. I truly believe that sex is healing and prolongs life...once a male stops having sex nature will say to him...you have stopped producing...you are out of here...you are fired and kicked out the breeding stock set.
Some of those women who complain about older men wanting younger women should also complain about their female counterparts. It's not uncommon to find young women who prefer dating older men because they find men their own age to be "hopelessly immature". I can certainly attest to the fact that in my 40's and 50's, most of the women hitting on me were quite a bit younger. And I'm attracted to women my own age as well -- but I rarely got that flirtatious energy from them.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
I just noticed mine starting to wain a couple of years ago- and I will be 63 soon. It's not so much about the libido weakening - it might be more about getting very particular about who you have sex with- as a younger man I would have sex with any female that had a heart beat...now I just find it disturbing to get in bed with someone you do not care for or are not naturally attracted too. You have to remember putting hormones aside- 90% of the sexual drive and desire are generated from the mind....If your attitude changes your body follows.
I'm really curious to know what aspect of your libido is waning? Is it your initial desire to feel aroused, or is it a lack of arousal even when you experience that someone is appealing? Or is it more in the realm of ED where you might feel excited and aroused, but not everything is physically working like you want it to?

For example, is it that you can look at a woman who has your favorite body type, dressed in a way you find very provocative, and feel nothing? Is it that you remember that this exact same sight would have made your heart race and your imagination go wild in the old days? And now you are flabbergasted that you can look at the same thing and it feels no different than looking at a cardboard box? And you just REMEMBER in consternation that in the old days it would have made you feel differently?

Just curious.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:16 PM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam10 View Post
Many doctors are simply too embarrassed to talk about sex and would rather paper it over with a quick response and switch to another topic related to your health. Part of that is because the standard curriculum in medical school barely covers sexuality that's not related to disease or physical deformity.
He brought it up, I didn't.

The quick dodge when I wanted clarification for something he brought up was a clear signal to me that maybe I would be better off with a different doctor. So far I'm happy I changed but during the times I have seen her I did not bring up the conversation I had with my old doctor. I do plan to but I am in no hurry.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:16 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,471,479 times
For most men, testosterone declines after 40, and may noticeably begin to affect libido negatively around 50 (+/-). It varies, depending on lots of health factors and genetics. I've noticed a little slowdown in the last few years as it takes a little more effort to become interested. But not enough to prevent me from enjoying sex daily (I'm lucky to have a sexy and interested partner). Eventually, I may look into supplemental testosterone, as it also has other health benefits.

Quote:
I'm really curious to know what aspect of your libido is waning?
I'd say that the mental/intellectual interest and appreciation is still there, but the physical urge to act on it is less, and occurs less often on its own without some external cue. This is typical for declining testosterone levels.

Old 07-25-2013, 07:15 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,125,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
Your question can't accurately be answered because it's a case by case type of thing. However, if a guy constantly works out, eats right, and gets enough sleep, his sex drive could remain high well into his 70s. However, if a guy doesn't work out, eats junk, and doesn't get much sleep, his sex drive could start to decrease by his late 20s/early 30s.

Virtually everything related to sex drive and sexual performance comes back to one's health and how well they take care of their body.
Interesting. I've heard from Catholic circles (that aim to be celibate from all sexual actions and even willed thoughts other than with one's spouse) that exercise actually improves self-mastery over such desires. I've exercised a lot at some points in my life and virtually never at others and have not noticed much of a difference.

Old 07-26-2013, 07:45 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,984,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
I want sex as much as him of course. But im a 30 y/o girl we are supposed to be in our prime sexually at this age, while men at 40 (and according to this thread, even earlier! -like late 20s-) are supposed to have low libido or that nonsense. I never knew someone with such HIGH libido like this 40 year old. And, even more, i knew very well a very young early 20s guy with very low libido. And lets say all the other people i ever slept with in my life (most of them in their 20s, one in his 30s) have much lower libido than this guy. Ok, i only slept with 8 men in my life. But, in any case, the 40 y/o is by far the best one in every freaking aspect including knowing how to treat a woman in bed, listening, being the right amount of tender/savage, thinking about pleasing her, lasting, recharging, and everything else you can imagine. It is out of this world now i have a new appretiation for older men i might even consider to go out with a 50 y/o in the near future
he probably has been that way since he was a teenager. i doubt his current age has too much to do with it or you would be upping your changes by going older

the trends of much lower libido by their late 30s are true over the population of men as a whole, but fluctuates wildly among individuals. personally, i have noticed no decrease whatsoever as i get into my 30s and am still nearly insatiable. however, some of my friends my age complain they can't keep up with some women anymore in terms of frequency - lamest complaint ever! :P so i suppose the moral is, if you want a horndog, find a suitable one of any age and hold on to him!

Old 07-27-2013, 12:11 AM

Interesting thread. When I was in my 30's, 40's and 50's, I had no idea that other men experienced any fading of libido at all. I guess it's not something that my male friends wanted to brag about. The biggest change I've noticed is an improvement -- I get far fewer unwanted embarrassing arousals.

I'm particularly surprised to hear that there seems to be a general consensus that recharge time increases with age. Yes, I've read that somewhere in an official book, but I'm still surprised that many people claim such a big difference with age. I'm the same at 62 as I was at 22, and I can't think of a convincing reason for such a difference. I suppose "wildly different" as an earlier poster suggested is true. Maybe I'm not understanding the details. I have heard that some young men can recharge in just a minute or two. Well, I never could -- or maybe never wanted to -- when I was 22. But I could easily be ready an hour later, no matter how many times I had already done it that day, and that's still the same at 62 as it was at 22.

Old 07-27-2013, 12:18 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,578,811 times
In my late 20's my drive is lower than it was a year ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships