Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 03:16 PM

3,327 posts, read 4,359,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
This is completely untrue. It's utterly specious in many cases.

I run marathons and also hang with the ultra marathon crowd and triathelete crowd. Trust me--- NO ONE is fitter than these people. There are a number of my male friends in this realm who have low testosterone. They have to take weekly shots to get their levels up to normal and before the shots had almost zero libido. Do they tell me this? NO. But their wives or S.O.'s have told me. Low testosterone affects millions of men and it's oftentimes totally unrelated to their fitness levels.

The fittest man on earth can genetically have a low libido or suffer from low T. And the fattest piece of garbage on the planet can be 80 and still balling all night.
Hate to break it to you but marathoners/ triathletes are often times not in very good shape health wise.
I don't want to get into the science of this but the gist is that humans are not aerobic animals.

I'm not so old but i do have over 10 years of experience in the higher levels of Olympic weighifting and strongman and those not on drugs ( obviously those that are have to deal with the sexual side effects) have very strong libidos. Even the guys in their 40s and 50s.

A lot of it has to do with overall health.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2012, 03:16 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,145,247 times
Sarcastically mine died sometime in my late twenties. I need something more these days than sex to stoke my libido. I wish I could find a woman to rub Vicks on my back when I’m sick.

Old 10-07-2012, 03:37 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,213,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
At what age does male libido begin to decrease?
Mid- to late-90s.

Old 10-07-2012, 03:46 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,274,548 times
I'm dating "old guys" and I would say overall the changes begin late 30's, pretty much whatever physical state you're in.

I don't think libido dries up, ever, but the urgency to have sex disappears, unless you have a psychological driver like a sex addiction. It stops being a need and starts being a want, which is probably preferable anyway.

Men do suffer a natural decrease in testosterone. It doesn't mean they can't perform, it means that they sometimes prefer to say, have a round of golf. They start to be able to say no and want sex itself less, say once a week instead of once a day.

Then of course there's the other age related stuff, like my first older partner had a heart condition and could only get it up in the mornings (lol) and now the other one has told me he thinks he's getting alzhemiers

Both of these guys are as physically fit as it gets, one was a champion sprinter the other is a seniors games kayak gold medallist, both only in their 50s.

Old 10-07-2012, 04:09 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,350,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
Your question can't accurately be answered because it's a case by case type of thing. However, if a guy constantly works out, eats right, and gets enough sleep, his sex drive could remain high well into his 70s. However, if a guy doesn't work out, eats junk, and doesn't get much sleep, his sex drive could start to decrease by his late 20s/early 30s.

Virtually everything related to sex drive and sexual performance comes back to one's health and how well they take care of their body.

I'm 28, and have been eating nothing but junk for...28 years...

But at least I'm starting to turn it around.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:36 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,451,676 times
I'm in great shape and I started to notice it at about 28-30. now that I'm in my mid 30's I can still have sex 4 times a day buy I don't have to. I'm ok with once a day.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:44 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
Then of course there's the other age related stuff, like my first older partner had a heart condition and could only get it up in the mornings (lol) and now the other one has told me he thinks he's getting alzhemiers
50 seems way to young for that stuff, especially Alzheimers. Are you sure he's not dramatizing, or a hypochondriac, or something? People don't get Alzheimer's in their 50's, usually, or even 60's, AFAIK. Maybe it was a joke? Just because he can't find his keys from time to time doesn't mean he's getting Alzheimer's.

Old 10-08-2012, 05:33 AM

1,882 posts, read 4,620,068 times
I'm over 40, not much ;-), and I still have the urge........but not the "power". Need to get me some blue pills.

So easy on the half mast jokes! lol ;-) btw, can still play the "where did I hang my towel, darlin?"

Old 10-08-2012, 08:29 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,274,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
50 seems way to young for that stuff, especially Alzheimers. Are you sure he's not dramatizing, or a hypochondriac, or something? People don't get Alzheimer's in their 50's, usually, or even 60's, AFAIK. Maybe it was a joke? Just because he can't find his keys from time to time doesn't mean he's getting Alzheimer's.
No I saw him at the club and he's running after me, chasing me, wanting to tell me all his problems and then get laid, no doubt.

Yeah right. I can run fast when I want to.

I let him get as far as "there's something wrong with me, something wrong" and then I took off.

He's just turned 58 so it's not impossible.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:10 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,373,081 times
Some men...it never goes. I am amazed. I thought when folks were Grandparents, sex just ended or something. Wrong!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships