Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2012, 06:49 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Most self proclaimed 'nice guys' are only nice because they want something, not because they're actually good people. When they're denied this 'something' they want, they flip out and call people all kinds of fun names and accuse them of being users. I've seen this happen to a number of girlfriends of mine.
Then this isn't a nice guy. Nice guys are just that--sweet guys. No muss, no fuss.

Old 10-30-2012, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
I never really see how being a nice guy is wrong.
It's just negative propaganda spread by those who are jealous that the (genuinely) nice guys do get women's attention.

Old 10-30-2012, 06:56 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,724,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Then this isn't a nice guy. Nice guys are just that--sweet guys. No muss, no fuss.
I agree Ruth but some women will never be convinced. And when you're being nice to them they think that you want something.

Old 10-30-2012, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
I agree Ruth but some women will never be convinced. And when you're being nice to them they think that you want something.
So who needs 'em? Women like that are a dime a dozen. Look for the gems who appreciate what you have to offer. (After you transfer to a better locale. )

Old 10-30-2012, 08:38 PM

632 posts, read 1,180,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
So who needs 'em? Women like that are a dime a dozen. Look for the gems who appreciate what you have to offer. (After you transfer to a better locale. )
I'll take some heat for this but the bold is increasingly harder and harder to find. It should be obvious that good-looking women know that they are a hot commodity (pun intended) and therefore can act out of line because there will always be a line of guys drooling over her.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:49 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRage View Post
I'll take some heat for this but the bold is increasingly harder and harder to find. It should be obvious that good-looking women know that they are a hot commodity (pun intended) and therefore can act out of line because there will always be a line of guys drooling over her.
I think the older you get the easier it gets to find wise and sensible people, especially after 30 or so, when people of both genders start thinking more clearly and stop the silly games of their 20s. There's a reason that I never approach women my age, they are not the "gems" mentioned in Ruth's post. I'm sure there are a few out there but it's not worth combing through the haystack.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:23 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,181,461 times
Quote:
Most self proclaimed 'nice guys' are only nice because they want something, not because they're actually good people. When they're denied this 'something' they want, they flip out and call people all kinds of fun names and accuse them of being users. I've seen this happen to a number of girlfriends of mine.
I got called out on this awhile ago. I was talking on another message board about the whole Nice Guys Finish Last thing. And one of the women responded that it's not really being nice if your objective is to get laid. I had to admit, she had a good point there. It's not exactly charity work if you are hoping to get sex out of it.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:23 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Then why not go for the not super attractive women? The ones who would actually appreciate you?

Old 10-30-2012, 09:25 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,181,461 times
Quote:
And also, it's pretty bad if you have to tell other people you are nice. Actions speak louder than words.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:32 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,163,160 times
Quote:
I guess it depends on what you're looking for. To be quite brutally honest: I can identify the "really hot" girls because they're prototypically taller, blond hair, they all dress the same, and every guy at the bar is drooling over them. I look for what I call "hidden hotties" as in women that are attractive or cute, they just don't flaunt it as much or they have positive attitude or a great personality.

I think as I get older it gets easier to identify the good people from the bad people, and it just makes me realize that I have no time in my life for the bad and don't let them get to me.

I also think there's a lot of women who have been disillusioned by media and movies about what to expect from men in a relationship, as a boyfriend, as a husband. I think my last gf was a perfect example. She explained to me that she wanted a love at first sight head over heels in love relationship, she used the words "I want a fairy tale love story". I'm not saying all women are in this mindset, but I can't help but notice in many women I know and have dated that this entitlement to a fairy-tale is prevelant in their expectations. I always thought maybe 30 was the magic age that most men and women wake up from their pre-concieved notions about what to expect they can land in a partner and what's really important in life....but I think there's a good percentage of the population who will never wake up from this dream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships