Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2012, 02:40 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
Could someone please tell me the difference between "eligible single nice men", single nice men and eligible nice men?
It doesn't matter. According to C-D mythology, women aren't supposed to be interested in nice men anyway. It must have been a troll post.
(sarcasm)

Old 10-30-2012, 02:49 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,725,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It doesn't matter. According to C-D mythology, women aren't supposed to be interested in nice men anyway. It must have been a troll post.
(sarcasm)
Ruth you have it backwards. According to women & some men on CD, men who call themselves nice guys arent really nice. These women also say that nice guys are boring & don't have a backbone.

Old 10-30-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
Ruth you have it backwards. According to women & some men on CD, men who call themselves nice guys arent really nice. These women also say that nice guys are boring & don't have a backbone.
I thought it was the guys who said that "nice guys" are doormats with no backbone. The women have said they're married to nice guys, or they love nice guys. Except for the fake nice guy thing, which I don't really get. Haven't run into any fake nice guys, myself. I think in the end we decided to create the category "good guys", for guys who are thoughtful, yet still assertive, didn't we?

Old 10-30-2012, 03:10 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,153,873 times
Quote:
I thought it was the guys who said that "nice guys" are doormats with no backbone. The women have said they're married to nice guys, or they love nice guys. Except for the fake nice guy thing, which I don't really get. Haven't run into any fake nice guys, myself. I think in the end we decided to create the category "good guys", for guys who are thoughtful, yet still assertive, didn't we?
That rings a bell *huffs on fingernails and polishes them against his shirt*.

Old 10-30-2012, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
That rings a bell *huffs on fingernails and polishes them against his shirt*.
lol! "Good guys", it is, then!

Old 10-30-2012, 04:15 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,451,528 times
Quote:
I thought it was the guys who said that "nice guys" are doormats with no backbone.
There seems to be one who feels this way and is quite vocal about it.

Old 10-30-2012, 04:36 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
I find it to be the opposite, a nice guy will stand by his ideals
. That's having a backbone.

Old 10-30-2012, 04:48 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
I find it to be the opposite, a nice guy will stand by his ideals
. That's having a backbone.
Most self proclaimed 'nice guys' are only nice because they want something, not because they're actually good people. When they're denied this 'something' they want, they flip out and call people all kinds of fun names and accuse them of being users. I've seen this happen to a number of girlfriends of mine.

Old 10-30-2012, 05:06 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Most self proclaimed 'nice guys' are only nice because they want something, not because they're actually good people. When they're denied this 'something' they want, they flip out and call people all kinds of fun names and accuse them of being users. I've seen this happen to a number of girlfriends of mine.
Well, deceptive people aren't that nice.

...But to be honest, I've never met a deceptive nice guy as a man.

But I do receive complements like, "aww, thank you, you're such a nice guy", when I help people out or something... Doesn't get you anything romantically, but I'll admit that I like receiving compliments and seeing smiles on peoples faces.

I never really see how being a nice guy is wrong.

Old 10-30-2012, 06:47 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Well, deceptive people aren't that nice.

...But to be honest, I've never met a deceptive nice guy as a man.

But I do receive complements like, "aww, thank you, you're such a nice guy", when I help people out or something... Doesn't get you anything romantically, but I'll admit that I like receiving compliments and seeing smiles on peoples faces.

I never really see how being a nice guy is wrong.

I've met a ton of deceptive 'nice guys'.

You seem like a pretty decent guy, who does things to help others because you honestly enjoy it. There are many people out there who will only do nice things for people to get something in return. My sister is like that, she won't do ANYTHING nice for anyone unless she knows she'll get something in return, otherwise you're SOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships