Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2012, 10:11 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
Meet up site = mostly people older than me. In fact a lot of those groups you talk about will likely feature women older than me

Dating in your early 20s after college sucks for that reason...most women you meet will be older than you and women rarely want to date younger men
OK, to some extent you're right, but you do realize that you've knocked down most people's suggestions, one by one, right?

You sell cars. Some Sunday you could go to a car show. Women go to those to meet men. New car shows, antique/classic car shows, anything.

It also sounds to me like you're currently in a state of despair. You'll need to get out of that in order for anything you try to work. You need to get out of the mindset: "This is not do-able". I feel like that's where you're at right now.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:23 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,678,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OK, to some extent you're right, but you do realize that you've knocked down most people's suggestions, one by one, right?

LOL some extent? Have you seen the average age of women on sites like meetup.com? I am a 23 year old male, no woman older than 18-24 will want to date me. 24 would be a stretch as many women don't even want to date a guy who is the same age as they are

Quote:
You sell cars. Some Sunday you could go to a car show. Women go to those to meet men. New car shows, antique/classic car shows, anything.
average age of women at these kind of shows, let's guess? 35?

Only real place I have nowadays where there is a decent amount of younger women would be club scene...which I hate because gals all come in groups of about 50 and make it hard as hell to approach any of them.

Quote:
It also sounds to me like you're currently in a state of despair. You'll need to get out of that in order for anything you try to work. You need to get out of the mindset: "This is not do-able". I feel like that's where you're at right now.

Pretty much on point. I'm in a state of despair because every "option" I look at is just loaded with 500 million obstacles

Old 10-26-2012, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
I belong to a Meetup group for people in their 20's and 30's. A lot of the members are early-mid 20's who either are still in college or recently graduated and new to the area.

Perhaps I didn't look at it closely enough but the meetup.com events near my house all featured people much much older than me

If there was some sort of a social event for people around my age to get together, I would be totally open to it

Old 10-26-2012, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Perhaps I didn't look at it closely enough but the meetup.com events near my house all featured people much much older than me

If there was some sort of a social event for people around my age to get together, I would be totally open to it
Y'know, I have a few more ideas, but I'm giving up. And btw, plenty of women are fine with dating guys their own age. You're setting up artificial obstacles for yourself, now.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Y'know, I have a few more ideas, but I'm giving up. And btw, plenty of women are fine with dating guys their own age.

You have to admit women have a bizarre complex about age

I got a friend of mine who is a multi millionaire who was turned down when he was 24 years old by a 26 year old woman who was all about him...until she found out his age. Keep in mind my friend at 24 looked about 30 and was making about 150 K a year at that point

Dating is incredibly difficult as it is, I don't want to add another obstacle I have to overcome there (a girl being older than me by even 1 year is a huge obstacle it seems)

Old 10-26-2012, 10:41 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
Quote:
Y'know, I have a few more ideas, but I'm giving up. And btw, plenty of women are fine with dating guys their own age. You're setting up artificial obstacles for yourself, now.
I can't rep you, but I read most of this back and forth in both threads.

lol, he's so stubborn I don't think he actually wants help. I think He just needs to hit some kind of super low before he starts to pull out of it.

You worked hard to help him though!

Old 10-26-2012, 10:41 PM

Yes, it's true that women generally aren't into younger men. A 2year difference seems like more than it really is at 26. By the time they're in their 30's, 2 years is nothing. But ok, so maybe what you have to do is wait a year. Have you been to college? If not, consider getting financial aid of various sorts, and trying to swing that.

P.S. Thanks, Froggie. I guess I'm done here.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Yes, it's true that women generally aren't into younger men. A 2year difference seems like more than it really is at 26. By the time they're in their 30's, 2 years is nothing.
Well then you realize a lot of the options you gave me are going to primarily feature women older than me right?

Also I have a degree in management from a good school so my college life is behind me now

Old 10-26-2012, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I can't rep you, but I read most of this back and forth in both threads.

lol, he's so stubborn I don't think he actually wants help. I think He just needs to hit some kind of super low before he starts to pull out of it.

You worked hard to help him though!

Yea it's going to take me to be forever alone until the age of like 30 before I can find somebody I suppose

Maybe I should just focus on becoming a millionaire and going on one of those millionaire dating sites when I'm 35ish? I don't know how else I am ever going to get a girlfriend

Old 10-26-2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Also I have a degree in management from a good school so my college life is behind me now
Cool. Look, these things take time. Now, I know you feel like you've already been waiting a long time. You probably missed some opp'ties in college. 4 years of women your age, all around you. But it happens to a lot of guys. So now you have to just mix and mingle as best you can, think of some new venues, and wait for it to happen. And work on changing your attitude from negative to "can-do". And if all you're doing is selling cars, and aren't in mgmt, look for a better job. It might bring you into a better environment for meeting women. Maybe you're already keeping an eye out for a better job. Really, it's all up to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.