Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2016, 08:45 AM

1,190 posts, read 1,032,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I don't know about that. I often know before I meet the person, they say it in their OLD profile (or choose that option), or in an early communication.
I would never consider meeting strangers from a message board but if I did, TMI!!!

Old 12-08-2016, 08:45 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,151,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite97 View Post
Yeah but some people do. Some women do not want to compete with men. Has there ever been a situation where a man wanted to fight or hurt a woman over a man they both were involved with? I think it's sad that some men would be jealous of or hate women over a man.
Why are people competing at all?

Old 12-08-2016, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyDrew1 View Post
I would never consider meeting strangers from a message board but if I did, TMI!!!
I hardly think a prospective partner's sexual orientation is TMI, but each to their own.

Old 12-08-2016, 08:47 AM

Quote:
I hope the person would let someone know before it got that far.
No one is "justified" to know another person sexual feelings in the first place. That is a private matter though it can be disclosed (as I've had a relationship where it was disclosed) it doesn't have to be. Nor is it right to ask the other person. They'll tell you eventually if they want you to know

Old 12-08-2016, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I hardly think a prospective partner's sexual orientation is TMI, but each to their own.
"prospective partner" ??

you are talking about physical intimacy as if it is an aerobic act. You aren't going out jogging

If you are just using people's bodies as rag dolls, then that mentality is understandable

Old 12-08-2016, 08:49 AM

Quote:
I hope the person would let someone know before it got that far.
why?

Old 12-08-2016, 08:51 AM

861 posts, read 1,115,869 times
Quote:
No one is "justified" to know another person sexual feelings in the first place. That is a private matter though it can be disclosed (as I've had a relationship where it was disclosed) it doesn't have to be. Nor is it right to ask the other person. They'll tell you eventually if they want you to know
But some people don't want to be with someone who is bisexual and that's their right. No one is justified into being tricked to being with someone they would not want to be with if they knew the truth. Some people want to be with someone of the same sexual orientation.

Lying about something like that would definitely be something to end the relationship over. People want to be told if a person has kids, been married before, been to jail, if the person is jobless, if a person is an athiest. These things (along with being bisexual) are important to people and can be deal breakers.

Old 12-08-2016, 08:51 AM

Quote:
"prospective partner" ??

you are talking about physical intimacy as if it is an aerobic act. You aren't going out jogging

If you are just using people's bodies as rag dolls, then that mentality is understandable

Prospective Partner, as in someone that is a potential partner, someone you're considering dating or becoming involved with. I never mentioned physical intimacy at all.

Old 12-08-2016, 08:52 AM

861 posts, read 1,115,869 times
Quote:
why?
Because some people want to know. It should be their choice if they want to be with someone who is bisexual. If you feel it's no big deal, then what's the big deal and letting people know what they are getting into?

Old 12-08-2016, 08:57 AM

Quote:
But some people don't want to be with someone who is bisexual and that's their right.
No one has a "right" to know in the first place.
I had a boyfriend who was molested as a child. I didn't have a "right to know" but he did disclose that during that time a dog was involved. So he had weird fantasies about a specific breed of dog. As time passed, they lessened. Why should I care?
It wasn't my business and he has no interest in messing around with dogs in real life anyhow. I was honored he felt safe to tell me, and because we had a solid loving foundation, it was fine.
Well until he got into meth.... high school is so much fun...

Quote:
No one is justified into being tricked to being with someone they would not want to be with if they knew the truth. Some people want to be with someone of the same sexual orientation.
tricked? You were never tricked. You shouldn't get married then. You sound very divisive and unstable.

You cannot be tricked about something that was none of your business in the first place.

You are not "owed" to know anything that intensely private about any person my dear.

Thinking a little higher of yourself than you ought to??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships