Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2016, 08:30 AM

860 posts, read 1,110,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpiehere View Post
If you are uncomfortable Sprite, that is fine.

I've just learned that a person's character isn't linked to his orientation. I've been betrayed by straight guys, led on, used, etc. One of the most decent people I'm close to is bi. He is also hasn't been with a man in years and is happily married and fully committed to his family. I don't assume that "Bi guys are excellent family men" because I know an example. I just can't judge a person 100% based on 10% of what makes them who they are. Bi straight gay etc...is part of who they are, not all of it.
Hey, I understand.

I'm sure there are plenty of bisexual men that don't cheat and can be great husbands to women. And, of course, bisexual men are decent people. But some bisexual men might cheat and long for the other gender, so I can understand why women would be hesitant or uncomfortable.

I'm just looking at it from both point of views (the bisexual man's POV and the straight women's POV).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2016, 08:31 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite97 View Post
But some bisexual men might cheat and long for the other gender, so I can understand why women would be hesitant or uncomfortable.
I don't see that as any different from a person cheating with the opposite gender, personally.

Old 12-08-2016, 08:33 AM

633 posts, read 582,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rural City Gal View Post
Does it seem justified for a straight woman to break up with guy at a certain point in their relationship because he bisexual?And would any straight, or bisexual women here break up with a guy because he is what he is?
100% yes!!!!! And not just because he is bi-sexual but because he is having sex with other people and exposing you to STDs or worse. And how can you marry a guy who is sneaking out to truck stops to meet men in middle of the night?

Old 12-08-2016, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpiehere View Post
And they probably want sex with other women too. But they choose not to. I long for lots of things I can't have. That is what functional adults do.
Yeah. Unfortunately some of them talk openly about cheating on their wives with men. So some of it goes beyond just longing. But I think even the longing might bother some women, even if they don't act on it. It's one thing to long for other women......that's something women can understand and compete with. I think it's totally different to have a husband longing for something, a void you as a wife/woman cannot fill.

Old 12-08-2016, 08:35 AM

1,190 posts, read 1,027,456 times
Quote:
Does it seem justified for a straight woman to break up with guy at a certain point in their relationship because he bisexual?And would any straight, or bisexual women here break up with a guy because he is what he is?
I don't know if he is what he is, feelings change. People change often depending upon whether they want to or not.

Whether someone is bi-sexual is in intensely private matter. By the time you know something like that, hopefully you are deeply invested in the person and already "on the hook" to some degree so it won't matter. It certainly isn't something someone would say in conversation, otherwise, that would be weird. I'd run.
If that person has bragged or is pushing some kind of bi-sexual agenda, or gay agenda, then I'd not continue to date him or her. If they just happened to be attracted to the same gender, and disclosed it to me in private after we get to know each other well, then that is perfectly fine.

Motive matters. It tells you whether the person is stable or not.

Old 12-08-2016, 08:35 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,618,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaBeachBum View Post
100% yes!!!!! And not just because he is bi-sexual but because he is having sex with other people and exposing you to STDs or worse. And how can you marry a guy who is sneaking out to truck stops to meet men in middle of the night?
This is actually one of my fantasies but it doesn't play out quite like this in my head.

Old 12-08-2016, 08:37 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyDrew1 View Post
I don't know if he is what he is, feelings change. People change, often depending upon whether they want to or not.

Whether someone is bi-sexual is in intensely private matter. By the time you know something like that, hopefully you are deeply invested in the person and already "on the hook" to some degree so it won't matter. If that person has bragged or is pushing some kind of bi-sexual agenda, then I'd not continue to date him or her.
I don't know about that. I often know before I meet the person, they say it in their OLD profile (or choose that option), or in an early communication.

Old 12-08-2016, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I don't see that as any different from a person cheating with the opposite gender, personally.
Yeah but some people do. Some women do not want to compete with men. Has there ever been a situation where a man wanted to fight or hurt a woman over a man they both were involved with? I think it's sad that some men would be jealous of or hate women over a man.

Old 12-08-2016, 08:42 AM

1,190 posts, read 1,027,456 times
Quote:
The bi guy does not tell her at first,but she finds out anyways
That's perfectly normal and expected from a stable person. Stable people know this.

Old 12-08-2016, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyDrew1 View Post
I don't know if he is what he is, feelings change. People change often depending upon whether they want to or not.

Whether someone is bi-sexual is in intensely private matter. By the time you know something like that, hopefully you are deeply invested in the person and already "on the hook" to some degree so it won't matter. ..
I hope the person would let someone know before it got that far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships