Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do couples match up evenly?
Women's physical attractiveness equal to man's physical attractiveness? 27 40.30%
Women's physical attractiveness on par with man's financial status? 40 59.70%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 10:14 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
Waffles are delicious.
I don't know. I make some mean chocolate chip pancakes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2012, 10:28 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
Waffles are delicious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Every once ina while we have really enjoyed rolled up german pancakes, with Peach's on the side......YUM...

Old 11-04-2012, 10:31 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,727,236 times
If you read a little bit, you will find that mating in most developed countries is "affine". Couples generally have the same ethnic, socio-economic, cultural, religious....etc. background. Of course, there are exceptions.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:59 AM

5,730 posts, read 10,128,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
But I bet it was your humility and strong quiet confidence that really sealed the deal.
Nope, I made her laugh.

(yes, I know you were just trying to be rude)

For the record: I don't have an overly high opinion of myself, I have a serious debilitating injury (2 actually) wherein my body will only degrade over the years. I'm going to have fun and make money while I can.

Old 11-04-2012, 11:09 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,214,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Those also sound pretty delicious.

Old 11-04-2012, 11:12 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
In Romance, Looks Matters Most to the Beautiful

Quote:
A new study supports the idea that super models flock together while individuals lacking the perfect face and body also stick together.

"Beautiful people marry beautiful people and less beautiful people marry less beautiful people," said Dan Ariely, a professor of behavioral economics at MIT's Program in Media Arts and Sciences and Sloan School of Management.
Intelligent people with intelligent, dumb with dumb. But hey, what does that matter when we have assho...cough...opinions.

Old 11-04-2012, 02:23 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,153,873 times
Default Are couples matched based on looks/looks or looks/money?

No, no they're not... bloody hell man.

Old 11-04-2012, 02:53 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
A lot of people think that the majority of couples are more-or-less evenly matched. I don't personally agree with this assumption. But i know many of you feel that couples are fairly even in terms of attractiveness and quality. So how does the pairing go?

Do couples pair off based on equal levels of physical attractiveness for both parties (good looking women with good looking men, average-looking women with average looking men, etc)?

Or do couples pair off based on the woman's physical attractiveness and the man's financial status (good looking women with rich men, average-looking women with men of average finances, etc.)?
Maybe you need to stop seeing the world is such black and white hues. You have these bizarrely fixed ideas about how things should be, like somehow you can find a formula for a relationship. There are a myriad of options for couples pairing up that have nothing to do with looks or money.

Again there is this desperation in your posts. I think this may be one of the key factors that are putting women off. That smell of neediness is very unattractive to most women.

Old 11-04-2012, 03:01 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,390,974 times
Quote:
Maybe you need to stop seeing the world is such black and white hues. You have these bizarrely fixed ideas about how things should be, like somehow you can find a formula for a relationship.
Exactly. +10 There are millions of beautiful women who marry butt-ugly men who were not wealthy. I personally know two such cases. There are also handsome men who choose to marry unattractive women who ring their chimes in other ways. Attraction is all over the map and as always, personality/sense of humor/intelligence is never mentioned in these "polls."

Just getting of the house and living life would show most people this very clearly.

Old 11-04-2012, 05:43 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,508,595 times
Traditionally, it is women's looks vs man's wealth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships