Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 01:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,278 times

Advertisements

How does one find someone else in the same situation. Especially in a small town?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2013, 06:21 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,440,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat247 View Post
I don't know how this old thread was bumped however to the OP, every sexless marriage I know of are VERY unhappy. When I was in school ( a while back ) we discussed this, if both partners are content without sex then it can be a very happy strong marriage. However if one is NOT happy about the situation and the other keeps dismissing it, it's not a healthy marriage as one is being neglected. This is difficult as people have personal rights and a right to their own body, even in marriage. No one can force another's will through pressure and coercion. It looks like counseling is in order to address this so your H can recognize how important it is to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Its not the foundation of a marriage, but sex is the nails and glue that holds it together. A sexless marriage isn't truly a marriage (if both are capable of having it, but one elects not to)
Yeah sex isn't everything but without it your just friends. Has to be some constant intimacy.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:22 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,440,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I have a sexless marriage, and I'm tired of no sex and I'm tired of being married.
Life's too short and I know you have kids. Hopefully you find a solution that works for all involved.

Old 07-19-2013, 08:05 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,570,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
It's very possible that he has low sex drive due to low testosterone. I've always had a high libido, but due to some medical problems recently my testosterone levels dropped really low. (Just got the lab results this week.) Honestly, I just haven't been interested in sex of any kind recently. Just... not interested. While we (dr & I) are working on the main problem, which has caused the low T levels, I'll be getting a T shot once a month to bring the levels back up where they belong.

Maybe you can get him to have it tested -- simple blood test. I had it done as part of a routine blood workup, but the T check had to be specifically requested. Meanwhile just stay close -- back rubs, foot rubs, etc. will help you stay (or get) intimately close, even if no sex is involved.

Good luck. 40 is way too young to retire from sex.

Oh, and to answer your question, sure some people can have perfectly happy marriages without sex. The question is, can you? We can't answer that. I divorced my first wife, in part, because she had no interest in sex and refused to do anything about it. Any effort on her part would have solved the problem, but I felt she could make some kind of effort if she cared -- seen a doctor, a marriage counselor, explained to me why she wasn't interested -- but she wouldn't talk about it nor do anything about it. After 10-12 years or so of no sex, I told her she had one more year to either explain to me why or to seek professional help of some kind. She refused, so at the end of that year I filed for divorce. It wasn't so much the absence of sex as the absence of intimacy of any kind. I felt like we'd been growing further and further apart each year, and I wanted no more of it.

Yikes....so did you ever remarry?

Old 07-19-2013, 08:59 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,112,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msvalentine View Post
LOL. I laugh at some of replies and i just skimmed the 1st page. OP your hubby is my dream man. Like him I don't live for sex. I dunno why it's a normal reaction to say the person is a homo if they are not horny.

So being horny is normal? that's yucky to me that's abnormal to me. People like us do exist. By us we mean almost frigid people. LOOOOOOL. and if u think people like us are abnormal, guess what i see horny people as despicable pervs.

yap and for some reason most people think you are a freak for being so,,, i mean WTF?
It's maybe normal to you, but it isn't normal to the great majority of people. You are very much in the minority. Maybe you just have bad luck when you try thinking...

Old 07-19-2013, 09:18 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,112,240 times
A very close friend of mine has been married for about 26 years, and during that time his wife has tried to rule the relationship, and succeeded until he wanted to buy a motorcycle and she told him he couldn't. A counselor told him to "grow some balls" and buy a motor cycle, after he upped his life insurance and took care of all of the wife's concerns. He said she has been mad at him since buying the motorcycle 5 years ago. He said she hasn't submitted to his sexual advances for 8 years. He doesn't run around on her, drink, party, spend money foolishly, and makes a good living. He does most of the cooking, cleaning and laundry. Both of their kids are out of the home. I told him life is too short to be unhappy, when he files for divorce he will loose half of his business and end up without a job or a business he has worked hard to grow. His wife was a stay at home mother, but she will get half of everything, for not much effort on her part. He said living a celibate life has to end, one way or another. For some people a healthy sex life is necessary to stay happy.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:23 PM

141 posts, read 435,368 times
Sexless marriage like non-alcoholic brandy or decaf coffee: what's the point.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:35 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,673,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
A very close friend of mine has been married for about 26 years, and during that time his wife has tried to rule the relationship, and succeeded until he wanted to buy a motorcycle and she told him he couldn't. A counselor told him to "grow some balls" and buy a motor cycle, after he upped his life insurance and took care of all of the wife's concerns. He said she has been mad at him since buying the motorcycle 5 years ago. He said she hasn't submitted to his sexual advances for 8 years. He doesn't run around on her, drink, party, spend money foolishly, and makes a good living. He does most of the cooking, cleaning and laundry. Both of their kids are out of the home. I told him life is too short to be unhappy, when he files for divorce he will loose half of his business and end up without a job or a business he has worked hard to grow. His wife was a stay at home mother, but she will get half of everything, for not much effort on her part. He said living a celibate life has to end, one way or another. For some people a healthy sex life is necessary to stay happy.
Poor guy.

Old 07-20-2013, 08:49 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,570,747 times
I wonder how the OP story turned out. I read all of the replies on this post. I found it interesting with the poster that said she was in a marriage for 44 years and got divorced and there wasn't any sex and now she is having it. My thought on that particular post was that she must be pretty brave to enter into a new relationship at her most likely current age. Your body changes over time and I guess I would have a hard time starting up a new relationship with a stranger.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:05 AM

156 posts, read 260,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMc46 View Post
Will my sexual desires eventually fade away as I get older making it easy to live without physical intimacy?
No, if you want sex now, than happiness will be better if you separate from him or get a divorce. I also think your husband is probably gay.

You deserve sexual attention, don't deprive yourself from it.

Last edited by bluevalentine1986; 07-20-2013 at 10:33 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships