Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 10:32 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,226,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
Guys like myself who are in good shape, who are ambitious and successful, who are very outgoing/social and who have never had a girlfriend at my age are practically non existent. I've never met another case like myself

A friend of mine has no real money and is dating a woman 6 years older who has her own house and earns more than he does

She's absolutely crazy about him
OP, if you want a girlfriend, you have to make it happen.

If you don't approach, you're far less likely to get a girlfriend. It's really that simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2012, 08:38 AM

11,816 posts, read 12,064,161 times
Quote:
I texted her "Hey ___ when are you working this week" and she responded right away to that one

I think that's pretty much a nail in the coffin that's she's only in it for the money
Yes. She's at work, looking to make money, not be your friend. I'm glad you've come to this realization. Now to focus on being yourself when not around women who are at work (strippers, bartenders...)

Old 12-11-2012, 08:42 AM

1,293 posts, read 1,681,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Yes. She's at work, looking to make money, not be your friend. I'm glad you've come to this realization. Now to focus on being yourself when not around women who are at work (strippers, bartenders...)

The bartender thing isn't that bad. It's not like they're directly selling themselves. I've heard tons of people picking up bartenders, waitresses, female sales staff, etc...

I just have to talk to all women though and let it happen by itself (instead of forcing it)

Old 12-11-2012, 09:18 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,403,036 times
Quote:
I don't think I'm too fragile and vulnerable - I am not one of those guys where I need a woman to validate my existence. I am very happy with my life and how it's setup....I just want to add something to it, not make a girlfriend my entire existence

Excellent thread here BTW, lots of fascinating replies
the way u come off in ur threads, you act like u do, otherwise u wouldnt be making such a big deal about being 23 and not having a girlfriend and needing to go overseas to get one. This is something u might need to change.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
the way u come off in ur threads, you act like u do, otherwise u wouldnt be making such a big deal about being 23 and not having a girlfriend and needing to go overseas to get one. This is something u might need to change.

I've been alone for 8 years now that I've wanted a girlfriend. At first, it's not bad but after a while it really starts to grind on your psyche

Old 12-11-2012, 09:33 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,990,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthescreen View Post
BABY STEPS. Hook up with some cuties,
LOL! That's one heck of a baby step.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:40 AM

11,816 posts, read 12,064,161 times
Quote:
I've been alone for 8 years now that I've wanted a girlfriend. At first, it's not bad but after a while it really starts to grind on your psyche
The thing is, when you say you've been alone for 8 years, you sound like an old man. Young people don't talk like this, saying they've been alone since they were 15, which is still a child. Many would say you've not even finished developing into who you're going to be, that the brain is not fully finished forming until around age 25.

But the thing is, what you want, you have to go after. More importantly, you have to put yourself in situations where you're going to have opportunities to connect with other women, and that's not at a strip club, not should it be focusing on the bartender at the bar but rather other female patrons at the bar. I don't even recommend the bar scene for finding a relationship, but at least it's a start, it's where other women go. You also need to broaden your interests to more than just what you do with your male friends outside of work hours, because hanging out with your buddies and playing or watching a sport isn't putting you in a situation to meet women.

Old 12-11-2012, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
The thing is, when you say you've been alone for 8 years, you sound like an old man. Young people don't talk like this, saying they've been alone since they were 15, which is still a child. Many would say you've not even finished developing into who you're going to be, that the brain is not fully finished forming until around age 25.
Are you 23 (almost 24) years old and have never had a partner either? Then you don't know what it feels like

Quote:
But the thing is, what you want, you have to go after. More importantly, you have to put yourself in situations where you're going to have opportunities to connect with other women, and that's not at a strip club, not should it be focusing on the bartender at the bar but rather other female patrons at the bar. I don't even recommend the bar scene for finding a relationship, but at least it's a start, it's where other women go. You also need to broaden your interests to more than just what you do with your male friends outside of work hours, because hanging out with your buddies and playing or watching a sport isn't putting you in a situation to meet women.
As far as the whole bartender thing goes, I only do it at bars/clubs that are very low key where a lot of the staff just hang out and don't do much all day. 90% of bars are too busy to really even talk to the bartenders

Old 12-11-2012, 10:16 AM

1,639 posts, read 5,105,218 times
Maybe if you didn't whine aboout it so much. Maybe if you quit writing all these "woe is me" threads on CD and got out more you'd find what your looking for.

Old 12-11-2012, 10:26 AM

1,702 posts, read 2,327,972 times
If you're so good looking, the equivalent to your sister, what is the problem? Afraid of rejection? Low self-esteem? Don't have the confidence or social skills to strike a conversation? Maybe those are the things you need to work on.

Don't you have guy friends? Go to the mall, hang out, meet some girls. Get over your awkwardness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships