Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2012, 11:32 AM

102,323 posts, read 108,515,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoslade223 View Post
Maybe if you didn't whine aboout it so much. Maybe if you quit writing all these "woe is me" threads on CD and got out more you'd find what your looking for.
But, see, then your response to this didn't make sense. It was a brush-off that didn't address this comment. You keep doing that, in all these threads. "Get out, and mix and mingle" someone says. "I get out a ton", you respond. What good is your getting out a ton doing you in relation to the subject of all your threads? None at all.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2012, 11:40 AM

11,833 posts, read 12,097,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
I didn't see any opportunities like that. Most of the women came there with their boyfriends or came in huge groups. I had to approach out of nowhere
Since you keep making excuses...everyone is a stranger and in order to make friends and form romantic relationships, you, wait for it...have to approach, often "out of nowhere".

You keep pre-judging women, deciding for them that they don't want to be approached, or already have boyfriends, when you have no way of knowing any of this.

From your numerous threads on the subject, and right from the subject line of this thread, what steps are you taking to deal with your "anxiety/low confidence/etc"? You need to deal with your own personal issues before you can have a healthy relationship.

Old 12-11-2012, 12:26 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,682,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Since you keep making excuses...everyone is a stranger and in order to make friends and form romantic relationships, you, wait for it...have to approach, often "out of nowhere".

I've made a good number of my friends through easy situations - school, meeting friends through work, friends through friends. It just naturally happened, I never had to force it

Unfortunately I've had zero such luck doing similar thing with women. Now I'm in a situation where I have to "force it" or else I'm going to continue to be "forever alone" (as the kids on the net say) and that's a very uncomfortable situation for me. I hate awkwardness and approaching a girl who is out with 10 of her friends is incredibly awkward in many ways

Old 12-11-2012, 12:28 PM

264 posts, read 310,300 times
Dude, see a therapist. Daily internet diatribes using multiple handles isn't normal. Why would a girl want to be with someone who does that?

Old 12-11-2012, 07:59 PM

681 posts, read 620,536 times
omg sidebar, so I'm watching reality tv and it's a date hookup show without the other person knowing...

So the guy springs it on her and she says, "Well you know that I love you and you are my best friend and I had a crush on you for a while, but I let those feelings go and I was waiting and I just think we are better off as friends"

This just about killed me, so guys whatever you do, man up and just go for it, because at the end of the day you only get one go around, one shot and I don't know about you, but I REFUSE to be that guy.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:12 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,682,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandate_of_Heaven View Post
omg sidebar, so I'm watching reality tv and it's a date hookup show without the other person knowing...

So the guy springs it on her and she says, "Well you know that I love you and you are my best friend and I had a crush on you for a while, but I let those feelings go and I was waiting and I just think we are better off as friends"

This just about killed me, so guys whatever you do, man up and just go for it, because at the end of the day you only get one go around, one shot and I don't know about you, but I REFUSE to be that guy.

loled hard

Old 12-11-2012, 08:57 PM

845 posts, read 1,353,839 times
I've had better luck going out and volunteering, then say a concert or a bar. The concert and bar scenes are made to enjoy yourself with friends, and possibly family. When you volunteer, you're most likely doing things by yourself.

I want to volunteer again but I'm hitting walls here. I used to live in a tourist town, where volunteering was plentiful. I was able to drop my daughter off at a grandparents or her mom's house for the night or weekend and then volunteer the whole day. I met tones of people; DJs from my favorite radio station, a couple looking for some good slopes, and a very pretty girl; which I did get to talk to for most of the night.

I say, if you want to get a chance to meet people and/or talk to women, you'll have to go away from the norm. Do something you enjoy doing and you'll most likely meet people that will enjoy doing the same thing.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:59 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,172,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitopcat View Post
I've had better luck going out and volunteering, then say a concert or a bar. The concert and bar scenes are made to enjoy yourself with friends, and possibly family. When you volunteer, you're most likely doing things by yourself.

I want to volunteer again but I'm hitting walls here. I used to live in a tourist town, where volunteering was plentiful. I was able to drop my daughter off at a grandparents or her mom's house for the night or weekend and then volunteer the whole day. I met tones of people; DJs from my favorite radio station, a couple looking for some good slopes, and a very pretty girl; which I did get to talk to for most of the night.

I say, if you want to get a chance to meet people and/or talk to women, you'll have to go away from the norm. Do something you enjoy doing and you'll most likely meet people that will enjoy doing the same thing.
I started volunteering for an animal shelter here in SF about a week ago. I've been meaning to do it for weeks but I've been terribly sick, adding fur to that would not have been smart.

Anyway I haven't met anyone really available there yet but it's not been very long, so no biggie. If anything it lowers my blood pressure, helps with the depression and makes me happy, because I love animals.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:07 PM

102,323 posts, read 108,515,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Anyway I haven't met anyone really available there yet but it's not been very long, so no biggie. If anything it lowers my blood pressure, helps with the depression and makes me happy, because I love animals.
Cool.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:15 PM

845 posts, read 1,353,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
I started volunteering for an animal shelter here in SF about a week ago. I've been meaning to do it for weeks but I've been terribly sick, adding fur to that would not have been smart.

I've located two animal shelters but haven't gone forward with them yet. Other then meeting people, it's good to have some "me time", too. Have you tried doing in-town events?

My last in-town event was a total blow-out. There was about 300 volunteers there (and over 2000 people) and my younger sister (15) came along. All she did was complain the whole 2 1/2 hours we (I) worked. At the end, I wanted to have at least one beer, it was Octoberfest after all. She gave me some nasty looks, rude, harsh comments and was c***-blocking the whole entire time. Never again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships