Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 11:18 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,558,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
His point is that she's being really shady about it.

Why be so shady if she doesn't have something to hide?
She is probably being guarded about it because she knew that the husband would react exactly as he is doing.

He comes across as very clingy and needy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2012, 11:18 AM

17,645 posts, read 22,675,700 times
Your wife should have discussed the school trip with you privately before the party.

When you both go to Europe, i suggest you stay at the Eibsee Hotel. EIBSEE-HOTEL Grainau / Garmisch Partenkirchen - EIBSEE-HOTEL Grainau It was great fun staying there. The Austrian Alps are very Beautiful. We had a wonderful time skiing & ice skating, etc. eibsee - Google Search

Old 12-12-2012, 11:20 AM

264 posts, read 309,691 times
I suppose talking to your wife about this is out of the question?

Old 12-12-2012, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Try again. She wants to use their money, meaning it's partly his. But even if she said she'd pay the $600 herself, that's $600 that she's not putting toward the trip that they agreed they'd save for and take.

It's not a matter of asking permission. It's a matter of common courtesy and decency, not to mention respect for what your spouse hopes to share with you and the dreams you have together.

Maybe you've never been married, so maybe you don't understand why this is so hurtful.
Its only $600....not $6000. Who cares.

Why are people acting as if going to Europe is like a once in a lifetime thing? It really is not a big deal. People go to Europe several times a year...its not like they are flying to the moon.

The husband needs to get over it.

Old 12-12-2012, 11:21 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,225,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
She is probably being guarded about it because she knew that the husband would react exactly as he is doing.

He comes across as very clingy and needy.
How is he being clingy? They planned for this for a long time. He was looking forward to it and shes basically flaking. That's fine to do on a first date, but not when you're married.

I hope you're not married and if you are, I feel sorry for that dude.

Old 12-12-2012, 11:24 AM

3,987 posts, read 5,021,814 times
Quote:
I am so beyond tired of people needing to "ask permission" from their spouses to do the things that they want to do. The husband needs to get over it. It makes him sound like he's clingy and insecure. If I were the wife I would go to Europe without him, too.
As Dim said, it's not about asking permission so much but rather communicating with him and letting him know that she changed her mind on something they had discussed previously. I'm beyond tired of hearing about people trampling all over the person they say they love because they're selfish.

Saying the husband needs to get over it is crap...this is why people grow apart and marriages dissolve... because they are too selfish to think that it's common courtesy to let your most beloved know what's going on with you. A trip to Europe where she spends THEIR hard earned money is not trivial. It's not like she said "will you allow me to go"...but she should have said something along the lines of "I know we planned this huge trip but this year, I really want to go with the school...what do you think?" And THEN, they actually talk about it. I know, freaking crazy talk!

I don't think he sounds clingy or insecure...in fact, I'd say he sounds rational and has a right to be upset. Now, what's he going to do with this? I hope he remains rational and they come up with something that satisfies them both...one thing I know...if I were him, I'd let her know that this type of "communicating" sucks and we'd need to find a better way.

Old 12-12-2012, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
How is he being clingy? They planned for this for a long time. He was looking forward to it and shes basically flaking. That's fine to do on a first date, but not when you're married.

I hope you're not married and if you are, I feel sorry for that dude.
I don't like people who are needy or clingy.

Maybe a trip to Europe is a once-in-a-lifetime or a big deal for some people. I really do not see this as a big deal. They will experience it together in a much different manner....no harm no foul.

Old 12-12-2012, 11:31 AM

3,987 posts, read 5,021,814 times
Quote:

Why are people acting as if going to Europe is like a once in a lifetime thing? It really is not a big deal. People go to Europe several times a year...its not like they are flying to the moon.

OK, NOW I understand where you're coming from...you sound like some people I know who dismiss blessings because they are so common to you.

$600 is a lot of money...to say otherwise means you don't respect how it can really affect some peoples' lives. Going to Europe FOR SOME people IS a huge deal and they might never get the chance to go again. 5000 miles away might as well be the moon for people who live check to check...

Even if this isn't a big deal to YOU, it is clearly a big deal to the OP because they've been saving for years and still had a year or so to go to hit their goal. She changed the plans without discussing with him. If you feel this is clingy and insecure, then I agree with Jack...sorry but selfishness knows no bounds.

Old 12-12-2012, 11:31 AM

17,645 posts, read 22,675,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
I got high as a friggin kite in Amsterdam

?
We had a glorious time at "The Hofbrau Haus" Munich......

Old 12-12-2012, 11:33 AM

1,510 posts, read 2,966,111 times
Quote:

Considering the fact that his wife is a teacher, I suspect that $600 is not pocket change. Furthermore, I doubt that they could afford to "go to Europe several times a year" based on his OP (they've been saving/planning for a long time).

--Dim
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships