Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 11:54 AM

1,601 posts, read 2,137,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Definitely agree. Try telling that to people in my age group though.
Oh believe me, I know. Being in your 20s is hard enough without adding people who somehow manage to forget any and all manners to the mix.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 11:57 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,168,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzled View Post
Oh believe me, I know. Being in your 20s is hard enough without adding people who somehow manage to forget any and all manners to the mix.
I don't think they forgot them, their parents just didn't teach them in the first place. The very concept of courtesy and how to hold polite social interaction seems to be a relic of an older age.

Old 12-17-2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:
I don't think they forgot them, their parents just didn't teach them in the first place. The very concept of courtesy and how to hold polite social interaction seems to be a relic of an older age.
You are probably right. I like to hold out hope for proper parenting to resurface, but alas...

Old 12-17-2012, 12:17 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,958,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Unless she makes more than me I don't mind picking up the tab most everytime. I like most of the Old School male/Female convention when it comes to dating. Man asks the women out, dresses nice, picks her up, opens doors etc, carries conversation as needed, flirts a little. Woman dresses up and does hair to go out(Probably takes 10 times as long as a man), Carries her end of conversation, is appreciative, flirts back. Hopefully a good time is had by both. It's really about the experience and not about man paying, women not paying.

One more reason I should be dating "older" men. Old school dating habits.

Getting dressed up and all that jazz...instead of you know..."just hanging out."

Old 12-17-2012, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You are probably right. I like to hold out hope for proper parenting to resurface, but alas...
Spending a lot of time with 20 somethings makes me feel old. And weird. I try to keep my phone in my bag when I am out with anyone...unless for some reason we are coordinating logistics with those who have not yet joined or for the same day stuff.

Old 12-17-2012, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Spending a lot of time with 20 somethings makes me feel old. And weird. I try to keep my phone in my bag when I am out with anyone...unless for some reason we are coordinating logistics with those who have not yet joined or for the same day stuff.
I feel the same way around 20 somethings. Old and weird. They whip out their iPhone 700s and Samsung Galaxy Zs and I've got my dinky little 25 dollar AT&T Microcell from 2002. My only regret is that I cannot play Angry Birds on it.

Old 12-17-2012, 12:22 PM

29,775 posts, read 34,508,669 times
My sister teaches high school, and she's said that for a lot of her students, they have no concept that fiddling with their phones while in a conversation with someone is actually rude. They think they're multitasking, except for the fact that they have no idea what the person talking has said to them.

Old 12-17-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I feel the same way around 20 somethings. Old and weird. They whip out their iPhone 700s and Samsung Galaxy Zs and I've got my dinky little 25 dollar AT&T Microcell from 2002. My only regret is that I cannot play Angry Birds on it.
Count me as another one who feels odd around 20-somethings. I've always formed relationships with older people, because I can't really relate to very many people who are my age. Now I'm at that weird cusp of 30 where everything is just weird.

Duck, while Angry Birds is fun - it gets old quickly.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Count me as another one who feels odd around 20-somethings. I've always formed relationships with older people, because I can't really relate to very many people who are my age. Now I'm at that weird cusp of 30 where everything is just weird.

Duck, while Angry Birds is fun - it gets old quickly.
Sadly in the Bay Area, the whole "multitasking with your phone" is way more widespread. Even with the older people. My techie friends are way attached to their phones.

I don't know if it gets better over 30. :P

Old 12-17-2012, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Sadly in the Bay Area, the whole "multitasking with your phone" is way more widespread. Even with the older people. My techie friends are way attached to their phones.

I don't know if it gets better over 30. :P
I hope so otherwise I'll have to pull a Jet Jockey and move to the NE. Though I probably will die instantly upon first snowfall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships