Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 01:21 PM

31,132 posts, read 22,168,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
One more reason I should be dating "older" men. Old school dating habits.

Getting dressed up and all that jazz...instead of you know..."just hanging out."
"Getting dressed up and all that jazz"
It's just fun, entertaining and interesting. I don't know why some people make it so cumbersome
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 01:24 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,937,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"Getting dressed up and all that jazz"
It's just fun, entertaining and interesting. I don't know why some people make it so cumbersome
But how can you have fun if you aren't wearing your jeans! Or sneakers! Or yoga pants! Obviously it can't be fun!

Maybe it is sort of indirectly related to the fact that people are a bit less appreciative of time and social interaction or something.

I mean we are all connected all the time via cell phones, facebook, texts etc. In a way, you are never not connected to people, so you don't feel the need to connect in person on a date (or on an outing.).

Old 12-17-2012, 01:30 PM

1,601 posts, read 2,136,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
I hope so otherwise I'll have to pull a Jet Jockey and move to the NE. Though I probably will die instantly upon first snowfall.
Hahaha, it's not that bad. I mean, it's very cold, but a couple feet of snow isn't horrible - at least, not when roads and walkways get cleared. Though, it's mid-December and it's been unseasonably warm, so chances are you'd never even experience a real NE winter.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:31 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,166,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzled View Post
Hahaha, it's not that bad. I mean, it's very cold, but a couple feet of snow isn't horrible - at least, not when roads and walkways get cleared. Though, it's mid-December and it's been unseasonably warm, so chances are you'd never even experience a real NE winter.
Yeah global warming actually might work in my favour there.

But seriously, I'm used to 37 degrees and 100% humidity every day, every night, of every month. So yeah, cold weather makes me pretty sick.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:33 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,937,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Yeah global warming actually might work in my favour there.

But seriously, I'm used to 37 degrees and 100% humidity every day, every night, of every month. So yeah, cold weather makes me pretty sick.
It has been chilly here the past few days. I don't mind minor snow for going out in. Around 25 F isn't so bad, if there is no wind. And the sidewalks are cleared. It is easy to navigate than it is when it is raining.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:35 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,992,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
My personal policy, I'll offer to foot the whole tab for the first two. After that, she needs to pay her share.
That sounds pretty fair.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:01 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,965,841 times
I think a lot of people know better when it comes to cell phone and manners. A lot of people just don't care, and they are going to do whatever they want. If someone else has their attention, be it texting or whatever, regardless if they are face to face with you.
Once I invited a female friend to a company holiday dinner. It was basically like a wedding reception. During most of the meal, she either sat on her phone, or she pulled it out and was texting someone. The meal took a good 20-30 minutes start to finish. Of the four of us employees, my date was the only one texting during the meal. It was quite embarrassing. No one ever said anything to me about it, but everyone did notice. This friend was raised by good people, and from what I know, this friend had a well enough upbringing. I knew the family and her over the course of just over 10 years.
I don't know if she was nervous, or what...

Old 12-20-2012, 03:37 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,608,835 times
people will continue to blame the feminist movement, screw masculinity

Old 12-21-2012, 05:24 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,024,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoEagle View Post
Just out of curiosity, how long do men need to pay for the dates? That can get pretty expensive after a while. This is not meant to say that I think women should pay for every date, I just think a little equality is in order.
For me, it's just one date. Once the first date is over, I'm game to pay.

To me, it's not about spending money. It has been my experience that men who ask a woman to pay on the first date often have issues with women in general. (Just look at the men here who say they won't pay for a first date. I-S-S-U-E-S.)

Old 12-21-2012, 06:16 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,489,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I know this has been brought up before but I wanted to get a current take on Dating and relationship etiquette. Are men and women today not using etiquitte that was common just a few years ago? Is it getting worse. Are men behaving worse then in the past? Are women partially responsible?
Personally, as I said in another thread I think it's media and pop culture driven with the 'Anything goes mantra' today.
The trouble with questions like this is they instantly activate the "things were better in the past than they are today " meme that so many people believe in without thinking. I haven't looked past this initial post, but I'll bet real money there's gonna be a lot of talk about moral decline, loss of values, etc, etc.

I would point out that 50 years ago, beating your wife wasn't a "real" crime. Nor was raping her. Abusing your children, physically or sexually, went on quietly behind closed doors and was rarely punished. Men were expected to sleep with as many women as possible and usually weren't held responsible for children they fathered. Women who had sex before marriage were whores. I could go on, but I think you get the point...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships