Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 11:58 AM

365 posts, read 644,975 times

Advertisements

Mod cut: English only in the threads, please.

I think your thinking is backwards my friends. So you are 35+ male and you tried a tactic in your 20s. It didn't work out so well. No need to harbor anger at the ladies. Improve yourself and go after the 20's girls again. Who says you can start over. Be the old douche with money. Good plan I think!

Last edited by PJSaturn; 12-31-2012 at 01:11 PM..

Old 12-31-2012, 12:00 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,639,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
That's because it isn't really nice. It's let me manipulate you by pretending to be nice or pretending to be your friend so that later I can pull out the IOU I never told you about when I was doing "nice" things for you. Under the surface is bitterness and dislike of people, it's dishonest, and most women can see that and are inherently repulsed by it.
In my observations guys who have this it's terrible being nice isn't enough tend to go la-la land with the word nice as in to them nice is not raping or hitting on a gal is and he's such a nice guy if he's courteous and polite to gals he wants to have sex with.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:04 PM

491 posts, read 569,832 times
In other words men need to stop being nice because its obviously fake. Being nice is manipulative and mean. Tell the woman how you really feel and if she doesn't like it move on. All this buying her affection and doing nice things is sexist and makes her feel like she's in the 50's. Its the new millennium so treat her like an equal.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:05 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,896,464 times
This thread is lame and full of so many assumptions I couldn't cover all in one post. In my 20's I was one of those hot girls and I wasn't only open to dating alpha males. In fact I was open to dating men who treated me well and most men at that point didn't. I had a couple of male friends who complained I wouldn't date them, but what they wouldn't say is that they were lazy, unemployed because they didn't want to work, obese because they sat at home all the time and ate, and had mental illness. Why would anyone want to date them?

I still look the same as I did back then except I am older. I could have been married back then too but knew that wasn't what I wanted then. I was building a career.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:09 PM

So are there women who complain about not finding good when they are 35+? Sure. Do men complain about women not liking them when they are under 30? Sure. And Im sure vice versa happens too. If you aren't happy with your life then you are doing something wrong. Fix it and don't complain when others don't act the way you want because nobody can control another person. People only treat you how you let them treat you.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:14 PM

826 posts, read 1,894,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_in_dc View Post
I think there was a generation of men and women who stayed single longer thinking they would avoid divorce and a starter marriage. At 31, it may be more your attitude of being rejected by women in the past and now expecting women "over 35" to work harder at keeping you, which is very unfair to the women. Unless an individual does some thing to hurt you personally, give someone a chance instead of taking out your past rejections on them.

That is what I see a lot of men do. They were rejected at a young age, maybe in 4th grade a girl laughed at your Valentine card, and from that moment forward, you take it out on all women, which just pushes them away proving your point even further.

As kids, we were all somewhat selfish and self centered and lacked empathy, especially toward the opposite sex. Maybe the girl who rejected you in 4th grade had a lot going on in her life, like parents divorcing or dying brother, and it wasn't ALL about you!
This is such an awesome post that I had to repost, particularly the bolded.
Why do men take out their previous rejections on innocent women who did nothing to them?
I had the misfortune to come across one such idiot years ago and it still burns to this day.

Look, the girl who hurt you is not suffering from your actions. Heal yourself, Seek therapy before you go out into the dating field and hurt another innocent woman.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:19 PM

Yes. Don't let any bad thing that ever happened to you alter your judgement. People are different. If you got rejected in the past so be it, don't let the next person suffer for what happened to you in the past. If you were in an abusive relationship, don't let the next person suffer for what happened to you in the past.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:19 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,182,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacelilies View Post
This is such an awesome post that I had to repost, particularly the bolded.
Why do men take out their previous rejections on innocent women who did nothing to them?
I had the misfortune to come across one such idiot years ago and it still burns to this day.

Look, the girl who hurt you is not suffering from your actions. Heal yourself, Seek therapy before you go out into the dating field and hurt another innocent woman.

Innocent women? Give me a break. How many guys have you rejected over your lifetime? No, you didn't reject me personally, only because you never met me, but i bet you have rejected plenty of guys similar to me, and if i had approached you, you probably would have rejected me too.

Ladies, it's not like we are getting rejected by 1 or 2 women and getting bitter about it. We are getting bitter after YEARS of rejection by lots of women.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:22 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,206,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Innocent women? Give me a break. How many guys have you rejected over your lifetime? No, you didn't reject me personally, only because you never met me, but i bet you have rejected plenty of guys similar to me, and if i had approached you, you probably would have rejected me too.

Ladies, it's not like we are getting rejected by 1 or 2 women and getting bitter about it. We are getting bitter after YEARS of rejection by lots of women.

I've rejected hundreds.

And hell yes, I've rejected men like you. You're bitter! You're desperate! You have a huge chip on your shoulder thinking that just because you want to go out with someone, she should have to accept your invitation!

Next question.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:25 PM

681 posts, read 618,661 times
So my question to the women here is this...is it really because of looks that a man is rejected? Or is it because you sense something is off about the person? What about a man who is shy and average looking but has a decent sense of humor and seems nice? Would you guys still reject him? Or does he have to be built, loud you know the alpha male type. Just wondering, these posts got me curious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships