Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 10:13 AM

1,791 posts, read 3,180,754 times

Advertisements

Are you honestly surprised? In your 20s, many of you rejected hard-working, honest, decent-looking men left and right. Now, you suddenly expect these men to be open to dating you without them harboring any bitterness or resentment? Seriously, what did you think was going to happen?

Sorry ladies, but it's tough to have your cake and eat it too. If you want to date the alpha males in your 20s, don't be shocked if the beta males aren't exactly eager to trust you and settle down with you as you get older. You turned your nose up at these responsible, decent-looking, hard-working guys 10 years ago.

Of course a woman age 35+ can still find a partner, but it's going to require some effort on her part. She can't just expect guys to hit on her 15 times a week anymore. She's actually going to have to put some work, energy and effort into finding someone. Welcome to our world ladies... guys have had to put work and effort into getting women for our whole lives. Now you get a small little taste of what it's like to be a guy. Sucks, doesn't it?

Old 12-31-2012, 10:16 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,720,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Are you honestly surprised? In your 20s, many of you rejected hard-working, honest, decent-looking men left and right. Now, you suddenly expect these men to be open to dating you without them harboring any bitterness or resentment? Seriously, what did you think was going to happen?

Sorry ladies, but it's tough to have your cake and eat it too. If you want to date the alpha males in your 20s, don't be shocked if the beta males aren't exactly eager to trust you and settle down with you as you get older. You turned your nose up at these responsible nice guys 10 years ago.

Of course a woman age 35+ can still find a partner, but it's going to require some effort on her part. She can't just expect guys to hit on her 15 times a week anymore. She's actually going to have to put some work, energy and effort into finding someone. Welcome to our world ladies... guys have had to put work and effort into getting women for our whole lives. Now you get a small little taste of what it's like to be a guy. Sucks, doesn't it?
Do you have some sort of diagnosis? Your thinking and conclusions seem disordered.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:27 AM

36,505 posts, read 30,843,355 times
Good grief let it go.
Listen, people (men and women) change from their 20's to their 30's to their 40's, etc. Our tastes change, our perceptions, goals and priorities. We (men and women) mature, grow and evolve as humans. People do not want the same things at 40 that they did at 20.
It may suck for you, but I havent suffered any.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:28 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,088,979 times
Quote:

Sorry ladies, but it's tough to have your cake and eat it too. If you want to date the alpha males in your 20s, don't be shocked if the beta males aren't exactly eager to trust you and settle down with you as you get older. You turned your nose up at these responsible, decent-looking, hard-working guys 10 years ago. Why should they come kiss crawling back now?

Not really. Like I said yesterday, I am that age, and 35 year old women are still almost as attractive as they were at 25. Unless they have gained a lot of weight, or are one of those rare people that age VERY badly and quickly. Maybe they can't attract exactly as many men as they used to 10 years ago, but still a lot.

I know what you are looking for. You are looking for a story where the women who have no trouble attracting men eventually get 'a taste of humility'. So I will give it to you.

One of my friend's mothers is around 55. She used to be really pretty. After a few failed marriages, she is at that age, not able to attract men like she used to. She has not had a job in several years, and lives with her aging mother (the grandmother).

So yes, bad things happen to attractive women. Their life can suck too.

Women can have it tough too. Susan Boyle had never kissed a man at 47, and was also unemployed. So you and I have it better than her.

I don't blame you for being bitter. I understand how hard it is to go through rejection after rejection. But I think the best thing you can do is just make sure you just try and keep your head up, and not be shallow yourself when it comes to dealing with those who are 'under' you.

Good luck in 2013 man.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:29 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,672,442 times
This theory cracks me up and here is why:

I recently re-watched Freaks & Geeks. Who did the geeks want to date? Fellow geeks? Hell no! They wanted to date cheerleaders.

Real life is exactly like that. The most popular girls, the most beautiful girls were the ones who dated the alphas. Those are the ones you guys tried to date in your 20s too, not the regular girls. The regular girls, the nerds, the book worms, the studious ones who focused on education and career instead of dating are the ones still single at 35+. You didn't want those girls way back when and you still don't want them now. I don't know any cheerleader types who never married.

But you guys keep floating around this fiction. Don't take a hard look in the mirror. Let's pretend you haven't been trying to date outside of your league and that's the real source of your frustration.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:42 AM

1,791 posts, read 3,180,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
This theory cracks me up and here is why:

I recently re-watched Freaks & Geeks. Who did the geeks want to date? Fellow geeks? Hell no! They wanted to date cheerleaders.

Real life is exactly like that. The most popular girls, the most beautiful girls were the ones who dated the alphas. Those are the ones you guys tried to date in your 20s too, not the regular girls. The regular girls, the nerds, the book worms, the studious ones who focused on education and career instead of dating are the ones still single at 35+. You didn't want those girls way back when and you still don't want them now. I don't know any cheerleader types who never married.

But you guys keep floating around this fiction. Don't take a hard look in the mirror. Let's pretend you haven't been trying to date outside of your league and that's the real source of your frustration.
I don't try and date out of my league. I'm 31 now. I stopped trying to date out of my league when i was in college. Maybe in high school, i tried to date the cheerleader types. But by the time i turned 21 i got over that. Women don't seem to get over that stage until they are 35, and frankly i think it has more to do with a lack of available options than anything else.

Guys who try and date out of their league but can't find someone... duh. I'll be the first to admit that it's their own problem. But plenty of average looking guys get rejected left and right by average looking women.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:43 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,400,633 times
there are good men, a huge pile of them dumped in front of the divorce court by women that wanted to trade up. whole lota 2's out there lookin for a 10 and if u can get a settlement in the bargain why not.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:47 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,066,507 times
Quote:

Sorry ladies, but it's tough to have your cake and eat it too. If you want to date the alpha males in your 20s, don't be shocked if the beta males aren't exactly eager to trust you and settle down with you as you get older. You turned your nose up at these responsible, decent-looking, hard-working guys 10 years ago.

Wha???? How do you know these women even rejected men. Maybe THEY were rejected. Maybe they weren't even focused on dating because they were putting their energy into their careers. Maybe they were in a long-term relationship and weren't looking for someone while you were sulking because of all your rejections.

This is a really bizzare post, especially the bolded. Because a few women rejected you, you are going to hold it against the entire population of females that are 35+. Okay then. LOL

Old 12-31-2012, 10:48 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,198,857 times
What, you didn't like the answers you received in your last thread?

Does the pendulum switch around age 32?

Look, if women don't want you at 25 or 30, they're not going to want you at 35 or 40 unless you make some MAJOR changes to yourself. Although it's not impossible for a mediocre man to become desirable, resting on your laurels and just expecting it to happen as a product of aging is ridiculous. A 40-year-old man is usually nothing more than an older, somewhat more financially stable version of his 30-year-old self, only with a few muscle pulls and back injuries, and it goes downhill from there because sooner or later his hydraulics begin to decline. If he was boring and lacking in social skills at 30, he's going to be boring and lacking in social skills at 40 unless he gets a life coach and goes to charm school.

My god, some of you men need to get over yourselves. You're not some hidden gems that all the women you've run into are somehow blind to. Likewise, good women are not that stupid. If you're all that, someone would have given you a shot by now.

So once again, we have to go with the common denominator: YOU. If you can't seem to get any dates, the problem is YOU. You are either asking the wrong women out, or you're socially inept. There are plenty of poor, average- and below average-looking men out there in happy relationships and marriages. There's really no excuse, so stop blaming an entire gender of people because YOU suck at dating!

Hallelujah! Holy chit! Where's the Tylenol?

Old 12-31-2012, 10:50 AM

155 posts, read 310,606 times
I think there was a generation of men and women who stayed single longer thinking they would avoid divorce and a starter marriage. At 31, it may be more your attitude of being rejected by women in the past and now expecting women "over 35" to work harder at keeping you, which is very unfair to the women. Unless an individual does some thing to hurt you personally, give someone a chance instead of taking out your past rejections on them.

That is what I see a lot of men do. They were rejected at a young age, maybe in 4th grade a girl laughed at your Valentine card, and from that moment forward, you take it out on all women, which just pushes them away proving your point even further.

As kids, we were all somewhat selfish and self centered and lacked empathy, especially toward the opposite sex. Maybe the girl who rejected you in 4th grade had a lot going on in her life, like parents divorcing or dying brother, and it wasn't ALL about you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.