Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2013, 05:07 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Not so fast JetJockey.

While more women have careers more than ever and are making more money than ever, more men still have to pay alimony than women because in MOST relationships, the man does make more than the woman.
Then only marry a woman that makes as much or more than you.

Problem solved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 05:07 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,197,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy84 View Post
I wish we'd avoid stating kids = financial ruin.

For the average couple that divorces, the man is not supporting two households, he may indirectly be contributing to a portion of the costs though through child support. If the woman wants to stay in her home post divorce for the average person, she's giving up quite a bit, or working more.

You're kidding right?

When the man says to the judge, "I'm working two jobs and your monthly $$ CS judgement takes most of my take home pay!" Judge responds: "Get an additional job".

This:

is in better shape than that man.

It's also something when she the recipient of said CS and such is many times seen driving a top notch motor vehicle while the man is struggling.

Why should a man get married then when there's women out there like this?

To you genuinely good women: Blame the bad selfish to the core women that either has dampened or ruined your chances of getting married to a great man.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:10 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
You're kidding right?

When the man says to the judge, "I'm working two jobs and your monthly $$ CS judgement takes most of my take home pay!" Judge responds: "Get an additional job".

This:

It's also something when she the recipient of said CS and such is many times seen driving a top notch motor vehicle while the man is struggling.

To you genuinely good women: Blame the bad selfish to the core women that either has dampened or ruined your chances of getting married to a great man.

LMAO. You guys are unbelievable. Why should a woman agree to live with you for a number of years, even if she wants to be married.......oh that's right because it's much more beneficial to you & we all know that's what's most important here.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:11 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times
Quote:
You're kidding right?

This:

I do blame those women because I have seen them ruin marriages. Several of the divorced dads I dated had these ex-wives and they were vultures. The ex husband had to spend over 60% of his paycheck while she sat on her lazy butt. One of these guys married an ambitious woman unlike lazy ex-wife and she went after them to get more money, which she got.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I do blame those women because I have seen them ruin marriages. Several of the divorced dads I dated had these ex-wives and they were vultures. The ex husband had to spend over 60% of his paycheck while she sat on her lazy butt. One of these guys married an ambitious woman unlike lazy ex-wife and she went after them to get more money, which she got.
Then maybe those men should have chosen better partners and signed better pre-nups.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:15 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,718,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Then only marry a woman that makes as much or more than you.

Problem solved.
I'm not trying to get married JetJockey.

The best solution for men is to NOT get married at all.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:17 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,197,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
LMAO. You guys are unbelievable. Why should a woman agree to live with you for a number of years, even if she wants to be married.......oh that's right because it's much more beneficial to you & we all know that's what's most important here.
We're speaking of the potential marriage minded men.

Am I understanding that it's okay for the woman to get the benefits and the man = heck with him?

And that because she agreed to be married to a man and lets say they're both working, he has to pay her "x amount" when divorce happens as a back rental owed to her?

lol!

You already know what I think of marriage these days and don't either gain or lose from the "new CD laws" to be signed off so to have even more rights for women while taking freedoms from men - lol!

I've been saying that it's not beneficial for a man to marry these days sadly.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:18 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Then maybe those men should have chosen better partners and signed better pre-nups.
Maybe but maybe when they married the wives were decent. Luckily I didn't date these guys that long and it taught me a lesson to avoid men like them. However, no they shouldn't have to support a lazy ex-wife who refuses to work.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
I'm not trying to get married JetJockey.

The best solution for men is to NOT get married at all.
Same with women. Why would I want to be saddled with some idiot who lazes around watching sports all day and barely pulling his own weight around the house?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Maybe but maybe when they married the wives were decent. Luckily I didn't date these guys that long and it taught me a lesson to avoid men like them. However, no they shouldn't have to support a lazy ex-wife who refuses to work.
There are ALWAYS red flags. You don't really realize it until the relationship has gone south, but even in my terrible last relationship there were a ton of red flags I ignored because I was so excited a guy actually wanted to date me long term. I should have run far, far away from him but I didn't.

Same with every single one of the bad relationships I've see thus far. There are always red flags that one partner ignores.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:22 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
We're speaking of the potential marriage minded men.

Am I understanding that it's okay for the woman to get the benefits and the man = heck with him?

And that because she agreed to be married to a man and lets say they're both working, he has to pay her "x amount" when divorce happens as a back rental owed to her?

lol!

You already know what I think of marriage these days and don't either gain or lose from the "new CD laws" to be signed off so to have even more rights for women while taking freedoms from men - lol!

I've been saying that it's not beneficial for a man to marry these days sadly.

I don't know what you're understanding. I'm understanding that men are about as transparent as glass when it comes to their intentions and making excuses for whatever doesn't serve them.

If it's not "beneficial for a man to marry these days," by all means don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships