Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2013, 12:18 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
While that woman thought cohabitation was a step towards engagement and wasted all that time for nothing.
But we're slowly catching up to that game and then they'll probably think of other ways to string us along if that stops working such as probably set up an indefinite engagement (guy saying: ''Yes, won't worry, I already proposed and we're gonna marry sometime in the next few years'') but if she's smart it won't work out either.

How many people know some sorry woman that's been engaged for 5, 6, 7 years? Continuously talking about a wedding that's never going to happen? Most of them with kids by then to boot. I don't know of any man that is in that situation and wants to badly get married but she just won't budge after 6 years of him waiting. That's laughable. It's always the other way around for a reason; like you said just stringing her along.....

IMO, they're already onto the next thing. This FWB stuff. This was no doubt created by a man who was smart enough to throw the 'friends' part in there, makes it sound legitimate. Bottomline: it's just another way for men to get what they want, without having to commit to any one woman to get it. They would keep a FWB for 10 years and can you blame them? It is essentially the perfect set up, especially for those men who are trying to avoid marriage or a committed situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 12:26 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,696,709 times
What a catch these marriage warriors are. I pity the man who would marry them if they can even manage that.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:27 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,579,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
How many people know some sorry woman that's been engaged for 5, 6, 7 years? Continuously talking about a wedding that's never going to happen? Most of them with kids by then to boot. I don't know of any man that is in that situation and wants to badly get married but she just won't budge after 6 years of him waiting. That's laughable. It's always the other way around for a reason; like you said just stringing her along.....

IMO, they're already onto the next thing. This FWB stuff. This was no doubt created by a man who was smart enough to throw the 'friends' part in there, makes it sound legitimate. Bottomline: it's just another way for men to get what they want, without having to commit to any one woman to get it. They would keep a FWB for 10 years and can you blame them? It is essentially the perfect set up, especially for those men who are trying to avoid marriage or a committed situation.
I'm on board. Men that can pull that off will probably run the world. Wait.....that leaves the rest of us in the dust.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
What a catch these marriage warriors are. I pity the man who would marry them if they can even manage that.

You pity the men that would marry them because you see how those kinds of women are not dumb enough to fall for their games and cons . He should've picked one that was, I feel sorry for him too.

As long as she's willing to go along with HIS program, he will always pat her on the back and call women like her the 'good catches.' LOL.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejaentendu19 View Post
I'm on board. Men that can pull that off will probably run the world. Wait.....that leaves the rest of us in the dust.

I had never heard with FWB until I was on the dating sites a few years ago and men were putting in their profiles or saying straight away "I'm looking for a FWB situation."

I agree with you -- if they can get that kind of situation going for themselves with some woman that couldn't care less, more power to him. But they shouldn't be holding that out as the standard 'new thing' every woman should be okay with but many of them do. Their new thing is to downgrade the ones that aren't on board with it as 'prudes.' LOL, another ploy....There was a female poster on here who said: "If I'm not at least open to FWB then it's harder to get dates with guys." If that is the way it is now, pretty sad, but not surprising at all.

If you get left in the dust, get advice from the men pulling it off. Problem solved, LOL.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:33 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
because you're not 'allowed' to ever mention his financial situation, don't inquire about it just take whatever he says at face value. (yea right).

I don't know what you mean by treated the same as the wife. Do you mean material items he may have purchased for her?

Many men do pay their child support -- but most of them don't. At this point the government has had to resort to throwing their behinds in jail for not contributing to the child. This not a solution but when they get out maybe something will spur them to start paying.

For every one woman that has completely ditched her child, there's about 50 men who've done the same.
For example, let's say a guy really spoiled his ex, buying her jewels, lobster dinners, etc. So he then gets a divorce and with his child support, alimony, etc he can't buy anything near that for a potential second wife, and instead she has to be happy getting fast food and dollar shows. I know to some that sounds greedy but if a man can't spend the same on a serious girlfriend what he spent on his ex, then that tells me he's someone to avoid. When he was with the ex, he didn't have another family to share his money but now he does. So he decides to look for a woman so desperate to marry that he realizes he doesn't have to treat her at all.

I'm not talking situations where a guy is struggling because he lost a job, etc but rather a guy has the money but is spending on his ex that he has little money left for the new girlfriend. I hope this makes sense.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:35 AM

1,454 posts, read 2,167,089 times
Or here is another one, which though it rarely happens (afterall, what man would go through all that trouble...only to do that!!!) I've heard of it on yet another site: (this would be the only way the guy would fool me)...even if the girl is too smart and wedding is set up on a nearby date, he could cancel the wedding a couple weeks before it takes place and decides to tell her the truth right on that moment and walks away.

But yeah...that would have to be a perfect manipulator: the best liar ever to have not only fooled the girl but both of the families.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:37 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,579,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
For example, let's say a guy really spoiled his ex, buying her jewels, lobster dinners, etc. So he then gets a divorce and with his child support, alimony, etc he can't buy anything near that for a potential second wife, and instead she has to be happy getting fast food and dollar shows. I know to some that sounds greedy but if a man can't spend the same on a serious girlfriend what he spent on his ex, then that tells me he's someone to avoid. When he was with the ex, he didn't have another family to share his money but now he does. So he decides to look for a woman so desperate to marry that he realizes he doesn't have to treat her at all.

I'm not talking situations where a guy is struggling because he lost a job, etc but rather a guy has the money but is spending on his ex that he has little money left for the new girlfriend. I hope this makes sense.
That guy is a terrible representation of the male species. I picture some guy in LA trying to lie to as many women as possible. It doesn't work outside of the movies and dumb ladies.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
Or here is another one, which though it doesn't happens too much I've heard of it: (this would be the only way the guy would fool me)...even if the girl is too smart and wedding is set up on a nearby date, he could cancel the wedding a couple weeks before it takes place and decides to tell her the truth right on that moment and walks away.

But yeah...that would have to be a perfect manipulator: the best liar ever to have not only fooled the girl but both of the families.
That sounds like an ex of mine. He became engaged to someone he "met" over the internet and online dated her for 8 months before meeting her. He realized a month or so before the marriage he didn't want to marry anyone so he dumped her and moved back home. He has never married and I was the victim because I reconnected with him a few years after he dumped her.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejaentendu19 View Post
That guy is a terrible representation of the male species. I picture some guy in LA trying to lie to as many women as possible. It doesn't work outside of the movies and dumb ladies.
Unfortunately there are many men like him out there, ones who were so good to the ex then decided never to be nice again (or couldn't afford it).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships