Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 09:46 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,013,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Pish posh. I do it all the time.
yeah thats cause your a girl..if your a guy like me its 10x worse
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 09:50 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Get'm girl!
He's got the ball....he has my number.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:53 PM

4,787 posts, read 11,754,293 times
Some of these questions are incredibly silly.

Why would a woman be intimidated by a tall, muscular man ?. Her father may be like that, her brothers, uncles, cousins, etc. Don't forget most men are taller and more muscular than most woman. Women are used to guys being taller than them. 6'2" and 220 is not all that big.

Seems to me the guys worried about this think it's their height/weight turning off women. It's not, it's the attitude and demeanor. It's what's between the ears that's the turn off, not the body.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:02 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,063,317 times
Not intimidated. Just becuase I may stand a foot or so shorter (give or take) doesn't mean I can't give him a run for his money

Old 01-08-2013, 01:47 AM

152 posts, read 250,302 times
I'm 6' 1'' and about 245, i'm not fat, nor am I particularly muscular, I'm more a naturally strongly built person. My size doesn't differ greatly from the average for American men, who are often around 6' tall.

I would say a quick and accurate answer is that some women are, some aren't.

I have a half-sister who's gay, her girlfriend, the male side of the relationship, can't stand me though I've never done her any wrong. I often think those type people resent men for their nonchalant masculinity. Also, some of her friends that are gay, I suspect because of past experiences or maybe something stemming from younger years, their eyes radiate absolute apprehension towards me when I'm around, they seem barely able to mask their fright of me, and do so only I think on account of their friendship with my sister.

Also, the type women that are looking for a partner who is more the submissive type, I've found do not care for me, as it is easy for them to see by looking at me and feeling my vibe, that I won't take the first ounce of sh*t from them, so these types ignore me.

Though I do not care for younger women, on the rare occasion that I flirt with one it's not been reciprocated.. younger women find me somewhat intimidating, though I've always tried to be anything but..

Now women in their mid 30s and up, generally speaking, seem the most at ease around me and pretty comfortable actually, which suits me fine - because they are my favorite

Again these are of course subjective experiences, but they are experiences nonetheless.

The original poster made a good thread I think, it is a matter worth considering

Old 01-08-2013, 06:13 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willow wind View Post
Some of these questions are incredibly silly.

Why would a woman be intimidated by a tall, muscular man ?. Her father may be like that, her brothers, uncles, cousins, etc. Don't forget most men are taller and more muscular than most woman. Women are used to guys being taller than them. 6'2" and 220 is not all that big.
LOL, yeah. My dad and uncles are all taller and bigger than that, and my husband is taller but about 10 pounds lighter. I am tall as well, so 6' - 6'3" don't even register as particularly tall to me.

I am more intimidated by angry, aggressive behavior, so if a guy seems prone to 'roid rage I will simply avoid him.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:02 AM

218 posts, read 483,314 times
Quite the opposite for me. It could just be that I grew up with 9 boys, but I can't stand feeling like I could break my date if I hug him, like I have to gentle with him. My dad, brothers, and cousins are all over 6' and 200 lbs though, so I could just be used to it. But, I feel safe with a bigger guy. Just be nice and not gruff with girls, and you will be fine.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:23 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,268,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
Ladies guys who are over 6'2" and weight over 220 lbs...muscle bound for the most part...are you intimidated by them?

Like if a guy that size where to check you out how would you react?

Would you sort of run away..?

Do you get nervous talking to such an imposing figure and why?

Would it depend on the guy's approach?

How can a guy that big come off less intimidating.

I think most BIG guys are really soft at heart so no i would not be intimidated by his appearance.......if he approached me normally then what difference should his size make?

Old 01-08-2013, 08:33 AM

1,135 posts, read 2,383,947 times
I don't find them intimidating, but a guy that large probably wouldn't be a good fit for me physically as I'm 5 feet tall and about 110 pounds. Still, I've seen other petite ladies with big and tall men so maybe it wouldn't be an issue after all.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:49 AM

3,918 posts, read 6,829,377 times
Im 6'1" and 220lbs. Ive never tried to max out my bench but I would say its somewhere around 250. I am able to do 225 without a spotter.

Anyway, regardless. I have never gotten the feeling that women are particularly "scared" of me in anyway. But I have been told I smile a lot. I also have been told that I am super flirty even by women who I WAS NOT flirting with. I wish I knew how I come off because its gotten me in trouble sometimes.

I think the fact that you are so naive to assume that women are afraid of you because of your size probably sheds some light on the fact that you have a cocky attitude. That scared vibe you get is probably just her disinterest in your demeanor.

Though, I do wonder if some women have reservations about being with much bigger men. Mostly because of what we can do in the bedroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMc46 View Post
I don't find them intimidating, but a guy that large probably wouldn't be a good fit for me physically as I'm 5 feet tall and about 110 pounds. Still, I've seen other petite ladies with big and tall men so maybe it wouldn't be an issue after all.
PERFECT! Hehe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships