Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2013, 05:43 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,021,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
You're missing my point entirely, I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm saying that a larger issue is the fact that she told him straight out "YES, I am taking my birth control pills" when she wasn't. It's not like she forgot one or two, she had outright stopped taking them.

Accidents do happen and I'm sure if she was religiously taking her birth control or even forgot a day and still got pregnant, he wouldn't be here posting. The complete and utter deception and blatant lie is the underlying issue. And the fact that it's a lie that affects 4 people's lives makes it even more of an issue.
I didn't miss your point. Your "however" didn't make sense in reply to my post.

There's no "however" about it. Both people should prevent. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2013, 05:45 PM

252 posts, read 264,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Yes, it was a breach of trust and I'm not absolving her of that - but we're only hearing your side of the story and she's not here to take advice so that's why I'm addressing your end of it. Sorry if I sound harsh.

I'd be VERY ticked off if someone deceived me about birth control. For instance, I had a good friend who met and married a man who was about ten years older than her - someone who KNEW she wanted kids very badly. He hid the fact from her that he had HAD A VASECTOMY years earlier. She found out from his ex wife after they were married! That was a horrible situation that ended in divorce - not because of the vasectomy but because he lied to her about it.

I hope you guys can go to some counseling and work through this trust issue - I really do. That's the biggest problem here - a lot bigger problem than a baby.
You don't sound harsh so no need to apologize. I have heard a lot of counseling recommendations, but I dont know how effective this could be. I feel people need a reason to change, an intrinsic motivator of sorts, and you must want to change. The counselor I think offers help with finding a direction, not the motivation. Direction is not the problem.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:14 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,045,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
I didn't miss your point. Your "however" didn't make sense in reply to my post.

There's no "however" about it. Both people should prevent. Period.

It's a transitional phrase and I was transitioning from one thought (agreeing with you) to another (pointing out the real issue, in my opinion, in the OP.

Old 01-10-2013, 01:12 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,467,741 times
why on earth where you with someone like this if you knew she was like that?
did it really take you 2 children to see it?

Old 01-10-2013, 06:20 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,398,167 times
I had so much to say about this thread yesterday evening and then C-D stopped working on me til now. I went back and noticed that the OP has no problem with abortion and is fine disregarding human life and disposing of it like a piece of trash.

That is fine...for him. As a parent myself, I could never dream of just throwing my unborn child in a trashcan because it was my year and my wife stopped taking her birth control pills.

I think I saw the op say he did want more children, but later. So it would be ok for him to just get rid of this one and then maybe another one will come along.

The thought that he would try to convince his wife to have an abortion sickens me. He called her his best friend, then there is no way he could leave her, then he could leave her.

What has this world come to? Who gives a crap if she wasn't taking her bc pills. What if she was and missed some? WHo knows what HER side of the story is?!?!

His side of the story sucks complete donkey b alls. Excuse my french.

Old 01-10-2013, 06:21 PM

904 posts, read 1,383,752 times
He did say he wouldn't ask that of her because he knew it would ruin her.

Old 01-10-2013, 06:25 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,695,032 times
That really sucks! This reminds me of this movie called Revolutionary Road, that couple too had two kids and were going to travel to Paris but one parent wanted to keep the kid and the other didnt

Old 01-10-2013, 06:30 PM

102,251 posts, read 108,166,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacer View Post
He did say he wouldn't ask that of her because he knew it would ruin her.
He said he wouldn't ask her to have an abortion? He should at least ask if she'd be open to it. He won't know until he asks, unless she's a conservative Christian, or something. He said she didn't want a 3rd child.

Old 01-10-2013, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I had so much to say about this thread yesterday evening and then C-D stopped working on me til now. I went back and noticed that the OP has no problem with abortion and is fine disregarding human life and disposing of it like a piece of trash.

That is fine...for him. As a parent myself, I could never dream of just throwing my unborn child in a trashcan because it was my year and my wife stopped taking her birth control pills.

I think I saw the op say he did want more children, but later. So it would be ok for him to just get rid of this one and then maybe another one will come along.

The thought that he would try to convince his wife to have an abortion sickens me. He called her his best friend, then there is no way he could leave her, then he could leave her.

What has this world come to? Who gives a crap if she wasn't taking her bc pills. What if she was and missed some? WHo knows what HER side of the story is?!?!

His side of the story sucks complete donkey b alls. Excuse my french.
I am a moral vegetarian, I simply don't consider a pea sized fetus a human being any more than a severed thumb. I think you are misinterpreting my position but its expected in an Internet forum. As an aside, I am always surprised at the people that support war but vehemently deny the legitimacy of abortion. Oohhh! Vasectomy tomorrow

Old 01-10-2013, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
He said he wouldn't ask her to have an abortion? He should at least ask if she'd be open to it. He won't know until he asks, unless she's a conservative Christian, or something. He said she didn't want a 3rd child.
She wants an abortion less than a 3rd child. The marginal cost would exceed the marginal benefit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships