Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2013, 05:20 PM

102,255 posts, read 108,199,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
I would also get a paternity test on your kids.
ALL of them?? People are really going overboard, here...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2013, 06:40 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,134,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why?

A liar is a liar. If she can lie about one thing it is reasonable to be able to lie about all things.

This is the problem though. If the OP goes down this road then the relationship is dead.

He has to decide to forgive and trust her or walk.

No trust = No relationship.

Its his choice clearly, but if it were me with 2 other kids and history I would forgive her and move on.

People walk from relationships way to much. Anything about her that is negative that he knew about he can deal with since he chose to deal with or ignore it already.

The mother of my children would have to do some nefarious **** to me before considering walking away. Lying to have another kid, while inconvenient, foolish and short sighted doesn't qualify as nefarious.

That's just me though...

Old 01-12-2013, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
Why?A liar is a liar. If she can lie about one thing it is reasonable to be able to lie about all things.
This is unnecessary. He knows the first two kids were planned. He can count 9 months on the calendar from conception, or from when they were "trying" for a pregnancy. And again, the current pregnancy wouldn't have been deliberately planned by the wife if she'd been having an affair. She would have stayed on her bc to hide the affair.

Difficulties are handled so much better with reason, than by letting emotions run amok and cause irrational suspicions. I think these suggestions are being made more out of anger and a desire for revenge than out of any commonsense analysis of the situation.

Old 01-12-2013, 07:47 PM

837 posts, read 1,288,808 times
Quote:
I know women always think they're entitled to get away with everything but he should get a paternity test on all children. I wouldn't be surprised none of them are his. Then divorce.

Old 01-12-2013, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virijat View Post
I know women always think they're entitled to get away with everything but he should get a paternity test on all children. I wouldn't be surprised none of them are his. Then divorce.
Why divorce when you can stone her to death? It's a lot cheaper than divorce.

Old 01-12-2013, 07:50 PM

50,416 posts, read 64,161,814 times
My take on this is...Wife lied when she said she didn't want another baby, or else she would have taken the birth control. She knew you didn't want one, and so she still managed to get her way.
You are still committed to the family despite her shortcomings. This is good for the kids.
I think you should keep on striving for your goals, but keep in mind that as the years go on, your wife will probably continue to fall short of your expectations in new and different ways, until you wish you'd cut her lose earlier. Just be ready for it. Of course, get snipped, too.

Old 01-12-2013, 07:51 PM

837 posts, read 1,288,808 times
Quote:
Why divorce when you can stone her to death? It's a lot cheaper than divorce.
Well, if you say so...the world would be a better place without one less liar for sure.

P.S. And yes, get a vasectomy as soon as possible.

Old 01-12-2013, 07:54 PM

The vasectomy happened at the end of the week already, people. We're waiting for the post-mortem. So to speak.

Old 01-12-2013, 09:45 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,948,218 times
Deception on this scale crosses into divorce territory, imo. I'm not saying it would be automatic, but unless everything else in the marriage was amazing, it would be over.

Old 01-12-2013, 10:30 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,222,039 times
Quote:
The vasectomy happened at the end of the week already, people. We're waiting for the post-mortem. So to speak.
Was it this week? I thought he just said his appointment was scheduled. If it was at the end of this week, he's probably home with some painkillers and some ice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships