Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2013, 05:09 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,411,237 times

Advertisements

Readyjack.you got a few choices,
you could talk to her about the possibility of an abortion,
you could feel blessed that you will be having another child,
you could walk out on the whole relationship.
If you love her chalk it up to Sh.t happens and in the future you'll be taking an extra kid on your travels.
I'd also get the procedure done asap
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2013, 05:09 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,564,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Well, yeah. MrsCPG and myself represent two of the most fertile bloodlines in human history. All I had to do was cast a smoldering glance her way and -- Voila! -- she was in the family way.
My wife and I were the same way. All we had to do was think about having another and she was pregnant.

I took care of it after she said she was willing to keep popping them out until I did. The pain pills made me sick to my stomach, so no joy there.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:10 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,101,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Get a vasectomy and don't tell her. Simple and problem solved.
And I would add, don't tell the doc you are married either.

We went to the consult together and the doctor would NOT perform a vasectomy without my consent. If I didn't sign off on the papers, he wouldn't do it. It was an issue for me.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:14 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,411,799 times
I really cannot believe people are speaking of abortion and divorce in this circumstance. Does their marriage mean nothing? Does he not love her and their family?

I understand his being upset but really? Divorce and abortion?

Old 01-09-2013, 05:17 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,589,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankhharu View Post
it seems this type of deceit from woman is becoming more and more commonplace. It absolutely outrages me. My pet peeve has always been lying and deception, but this type is worse because you are creating life haphazardly. I'd be outraged. This type of deception in a marriage is just another reason why i feel marriage is antiquated. You think you know someone...
+1

Old 01-09-2013, 05:19 PM

252 posts, read 264,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Just wondering, OP: how long have you known this about her? 10 years? Or is this something that came to light after you were married?
Well, I only knew her for a year before we married, but yes, I knew; I was a kid that just wanted to do the right thing. I didnt know it would become a pattern. I was an entitled spoiled little lazy idealist brat when I got her pregnant in HS, and to survive, I joined the Army and grew up.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:19 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,868,393 times
Its starting to sound like she's losing respect for him as she's basically sitting back and letting him fix everything, and just added more and more stress. Lying about birth control is usually a big no-no, it opens up a pandora's box of "what if she's lying about other things?" And it can be one nasty downward spiral.

Of course, it's still an accidental pregnancy and its square one all over again. Sorry for your problem, I can't really give any advice other than to wish you luck and to stay strong and show your wife some of that discipline lol. You may not want to trust her on her word for a while though, at least to keep you out of any more trouble.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:20 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,153,481 times
News flash for those who somehow slept thru their Sex Ed classes in school:

There is usually the risk of pregnancy during sexual intercourse between a man and a woman, even if they are using birth control.

Therefore, don't have sex with people you don't want to co parent with.

Why is that so difficult for people to grasp? Like my mama always told me, "Honey, you got to be PARTICULAR."

Old 01-09-2013, 05:23 PM

102,260 posts, read 108,258,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readyjack View Post
Well, I only knew her for a year before we married, but yes, I knew; I was a kid that just wanted to do the right thing. I didnt know it would become a pattern. I was an entitled spoiled little lazy idealist brat when I got her pregnant in HS, and to survive, I joined the Army and grew up.
Wow. That really fills out the picture. Thanks for the disclosure, OP.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:24 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,226,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I really cannot believe people are speaking of abortion and divorce in this circumstance. Does their marriage mean nothing? Does he not love her and their family?

I understand his being upset but really? Divorce and abortion?
I don't know. I'd be really pissed if I was OP and would certainly consider divorce.

That's a huge breach of trust right there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships