Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2013, 10:45 PM

803 posts, read 1,880,521 times

Advertisements

ruth4truth, i think what lpfan means is that even if a woman is mediocre looking but is a nice person and gives her man alot of sex yes it would make her more desirable in the long run..

because she has a vagina..lol

no seriously, i see what u mean,, if shes mediocre she isnt hot , but lets say the guy overlooks her looks and goes with the fact that she gives him alot of sex. that can go a long way and she will be more desired by him because he knows if he hangs out with her and takes her out they will most likely go home and have sex..

where as if he does that with a girl who lets say is prettier than mediocre girl, the prettier girl may or may not have sex with him so in the long run the mediocre girl becomes more desirable because not only is she giving him sex, she becomes a more reliable person or lets say predictable for that matter and then after that he will become more comfortable with her. but lets not forget that in this scenario the mediocre girl is kind so that helps her out some what. if thats not what lpfan meant by that then i totally misunderstood it and i made my own scenario lol

we should all write a book lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 10:47 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,647,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBomb View Post
Denial is amazing on citydata. Do you think if those men had better options they wouldnt take it? What about the women? Its not misogyny its life. People settle for the best they can get. Any woman can get a man by just being a woman. Maybe not the best man but they can get one. Men dont get picked for being men they have to work. Ever person judges based on looks to a degree because if they arent even remotely sexually attractive why be with them? Its called settling down for a reason.
And any man can get a woman. She may have a few kids and be obese, but she's still available and you can probably date her.

And what if a woman is self supporting and successful? What if she doesn't need a ton of money or a super successful man? I guess men will have to stop relying on having money and actually become decent humans that women will want to be around.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:48 PM

491 posts, read 570,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post

What the hell?

I'd say that most men get women by virtue of being a man.

Certainly it helps me.
But its not enough. Men dont just get hit on or picked up by women the way men do with women. Men have to prove themselves ( aka man up ). Women never seem to have to woman up and any man who says she should is deemed a misogynst: a word which has come to mean anytime a man does something a woman doesnt like

Old 01-24-2013, 10:52 PM

803 posts, read 1,880,521 times
if a guy said to me, he ONLY wants to have sex then that would be a total insult to me, its definitly not a compliment because that just means that there is NOTHING else that he likes about me except for the fact that i have a vagina. it would be a HUGE insult if the guy who says this knows you for a long time too, then its like hey im not good enough to date, or to grow old with or have babies with but just sex is ok. it sorta cheapens everything .. even the supposed "compliment"

Old 01-24-2013, 10:52 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,321,370 times
Quote:
But its not enough. Men dont just get hit on or picked up by women the way men do with women.
I get hit on as a man. Probably because of my sex, I don't think these women know much about me before they speak to me.

Quote:
Men have to prove themselves ( aka man up ). Women never seem to have to woman up and any man who says she should is deemed a misogynst: a word which has come to mean anytime a man does something a woman doesnt like

Old 01-24-2013, 10:54 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,321,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy612 View Post
if a guy said to me, he ONLY wants to have sex then that would be a total insult to me, its definitly not a compliment because that just means that there is NOTHING else that he likes about me except for the fact that i have a vagina.
Maybe the boobs too
And some other parts.

491 posts, read 570,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
And any man can get a woman. She may have a few kids and be obese, but she's still available and you can probably date her.

And what if a woman is self supporting and successful? What if she doesn't need a ton of money or a super successful man? I guess men will have to stop relying on having money and actually become decent humans that women will want to be around.
Its called charm which is how some men can get attractive women even without a job but those tend not to last too long. If anything i see more women using the promise of sex to get dates as opposed to being decent people. I never said a ton of money either. Notice more men complaining about being single yet they are told to fix themselves. Women are usually told men should quit being shallow and accept her.

1,791 posts, read 3,183,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy612 View Post
ruth4truth, i think what lpfan means is that even if a woman is mediocre looking but is a nice person and gives her man alot of sex yes it would make her more desirable in the long run..

because she has a vagina..lol

no seriously, i see what u mean,, if shes mediocre she isnt hot , but lets say the guy overlooks her looks and goes with the fact that she gives him alot of sex. that can go a long way and she will be more desired by him because he knows if he hangs out with her and takes her out they will most likely go home and have sex..

where as if he does that with a girl who lets say is prettier than mediocre girl, the prettier girl may or may not have sex with him so in the long run the mediocre girl becomes more desirable because not only is she giving him sex, she becomes a more reliable person or lets say predictable for that matter and then after that he will become more comfortable with her. but lets not forget that in this scenario the mediocre girl is kind so that helps her out some what. if thats not what lpfan meant by that then i totally misunderstood it and i made my own scenario lol

we should all write a book lol
Exactly! Thank you for your common-sense explanation. Some ladies on here always take the anti-male perspective, no matter what the issue. I don't really take certain posters seriously anymore, since it's obvious they are always one-sided.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:55 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,647,275 times
Quote:
But its not enough. Men dont just get hit on or picked up by women the way men do with women. Men have to prove themselves ( aka man up ). Women never seem to have to woman up and any man who says she should is deemed a misogynst: a word which has come to mean anytime a man does something a woman doesnt like
Well, wouldn't that just be human nature? Doing the least amount of work for the biggest payoff? Can you really blame an attractive woman for just sitting there and lapping up the attention?

Blame the men for not being able to control their sex drives and treat women like they're equal human beings instead of just sex objects. Start dating women who have careers and something more to offer than just owning a vagina.

I do 'woman up' because I'm not attractive. Because I'm not attractive, I am basically worthless to most men and not even worth talking to in many cases. It's amazing how quickly a man will dismiss a woman because she isn't pretty enough to even talk to in a bar casually. At least you, as a man, can do things to make you more attractive. As a woman, I don't have that.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:56 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,183,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

This is flat out untrue. As i've posted many times before, i've been rejected by plenty of obese women with kids. Any man cannot get a woman. Women reject men for all kinds of reasons, a big one being if the man is too clingy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships