Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2013, 12:54 PM

22,465 posts, read 29,657,500 times

Advertisements

Seriously what crack are you smoking?? Maybe your location, The Sun, has fried your brains.. I'm 38 and get far more attention then the young ones...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 03:18 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,418,894 times
Quote:
They'll just toss me aside and start chasing after 19 year olds. This is a very depressing state.
When you get to be 60 or 70, hopefully you won't be so vapid as to be obsessing over this. You'll have a lot more on your mind that inessanty worrying over whether your man is still "lusting after" you.

Why don't you work on yourself and create your own happiness? If you are unhappy alone, I promise you that you will equally unhappy when part of a couple. Maybe not initially in the honeymoon stage, but soon enough.

It amazes me that so people on this Forum can't figure out a simple and eloquent truth: happy people are happy whether they are alone or part of a couple. Unhappy people are unhappy whether alone or in a couple. This reliance on another person to make you happy is absurd.

For the OP: you are also creating additional unhappiness for yourself by worrying/obsessing over things you CANNOT control. Guess what? Everyone who lives long enough will get older. Everyone will die. You're not going to avoid either fate because it's beyond what you can control. Let go of that fear and start living the here and now.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:41 PM

102,399 posts, read 108,733,005 times
The OP's mother has trained her to focus obsessively on youth and her appearance, and continues to badger her about aging. The OP also lives in a conservative town in the South, IIRC from a previous thread of hers, where it's the norm to be married and have babies by early-to-mid 20's. This is not a healthy environment. The OP is merely a product of this environment. She should either seek out the few mavericks and free-thinkers that she can find, or consider moving to a more liberal region.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:54 PM

12,853 posts, read 15,157,765 times
I'm sure most of us wishes we could stay a certain age FOREVER, but we can't. Unfortunately, yes, many (didn't say all) men are known to get rid of their wives after 15+ yrs of marriage & get a gal 20 yrs younger than them. That's how life goes.

None of us know how our spouse will be in 10, 20, 30 yrs. Some go through that mid-life crisis & want to be young again. Some don't. You never know. Hopefully, you're married to a good enough guy. If he's not & comes home one day says that he doesn't want to be married to you anymore, don't cry & beg...or at least don't give that fool the satisfaction of seeing you in that state. You kick his arse out & say, "Hit the road sucker!" My mom always taught me that the moment a man doesn't want me, I don't want him either. That's why all women should be prepared to be able to take care of themselves financially & not be down & out & live on the streets just because some a-hole doesn't love you anymore. If you haven't started already, start saving money in a secret account he knows nothing about. There's no one to say that you can't do that. All of these people who are divorced sure didn't think they'd be divorced when they first got married. Of course everyone wants their marriage to last forever, but it just doesn't work that way.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:58 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,960,531 times
Oh puh-leeze, I am 41 and get asked out quite often. Trust that it does happen; I just don't come on here and "brag" about it.

Last edited by Pikake; 01-20-2013 at 04:14 PM..

Old 01-20-2013, 04:10 PM

12,853 posts, read 15,157,765 times
Yeah, 30 is still quite young. OP, worry about what your husband will do when you're 45/50...just kidding! You know how many people seem to dread the big 4-0?! To me though, a person isn't truly old until they're 65/70.

To me personally, age is just a #. If you eat right, exercise, live a clean life of no smoking & drinking, etc., a woman can look good for a long time. If man's going to cheat/have affairs, then he's the type to do it whether you're 24 or 54.

Old 01-20-2013, 05:44 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,391,904 times
I once read about a study that showed that when most men look at their wives they still see them the same way they were when they met. So, if you meet your husband at 30, that's how he'll see you even when you're 65.

I'm in my early 40s and my husband still finds me attractive. While I don't get as much attention from strangers as I did when I was in my 20s guys will still flirt with me on occasion so I guess I'm not completely washed up yet.

Old 01-20-2013, 06:13 PM

630 posts, read 1,051,928 times
society has done a fabulous job making us fear the most natural process of life. Society you deserve a pat on the back for your great work

Old 01-20-2013, 06:58 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,136,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMc46 View Post
I once read about a study that showed that when most men look at their wives they still see them the same way they were when they met. So, if you meet your husband at 30, that's how he'll see you even when you're 65.

I'm in my early 40s and my husband still finds me attractive. While I don't get as much attention from strangers as I did when I was in my 20s guys will still flirt with me on occasion so I guess I'm not completely washed up yet.
I think that's probably true to a certain extent.

Realistically, I know my husband looks older than he did at 18 (he's 38 now) but I don't really notice it until I look at pictures of him. And then I can't believe I was even attracted to him back then...he looks like a little boy.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:13 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,697,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Seriously what crack are you smoking?? Maybe your location, The Sun, has fried your brains.. I'm 38 and get far more attention then the young ones...
Same here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships