Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2013, 11:47 AM

20,481 posts, read 14,843,086 times

Advertisements

As I always feel the need to be fair, under certain circumstances men can sure get very cynical and have a bad attitude towards women, too.

Brahmabull, it might depend on what sort of people you spend time with, as life experiences are the driving force of this, it's the ones who have the most experience with users, rejection, etc. who form the real foundation for this stereotype.

Honestly though I like myself much better now in my 30's than I did in my 20's. Back then I felt like I had something to prove to people. I'm more laid back and straightforward now...more "real." If that makes sense. And for whatever it is or isn't worth, my husband still thinks I'm hot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2013, 11:48 AM

79 posts, read 97,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
No, I've met and talked to maybe 15-20 older women at bars/work/gym in my lifetime and I thought they were all nice

Maybe I'm biased because I find most people to be nice regardless, so I dunno
LOL read some of the things that the older women here post. Most are not exactly the warm, kind ladies i'd be eager to meet.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:52 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,261,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisv1220 View Post
LOL read some of the things that the older women here post. Most are not exactly the warm, kind ladies i'd be eager to meet.
So, what was your previous handle? Or what is your other present handle? Because you pretty much say the same exact things that another poster on here says. I mean like almost verbatim.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:18 PM

896 posts, read 1,481,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Speaking of real life, not the C-D Bizarro world...
C-D is actually a very accurate representation of what men think in the real world. In fact guys are more honest on here since they remain anonymous and there are no reprocussions.

The thread "I'd rather remain alone forever than date an unattractive woman" actually personifies how the vast majority of men think. And those who are currently married to a little porker are probably window shopping right now.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:51 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,780,468 times
Quote:
You can still be very attractive well into your 40s and your 50s if you stay in reasonably good shape and you are a kind person. It amazes me how many women get to be 40 years old and wonder why they do not attract men anymore, but they never want to look in the mirror and see that it's their b*tchy attitude turning men off, not their age.

It's like the world is falling down because the woman is no longer a 25-year-old girl who can rely solely on her looks. She might actually have to develop a kind personality and lose her b*tch shield if she wants men to be interested in her. Welcome to the real world, where people don't just kiss your ass magically because you are young and hot.

A warm, kind, and reasonably attractive woman will have no shortage of men interested in her regardless of her age.
Quote:
Have you ever been on any dating sites and scrolled through the profiles? Better yet, have you read the posts from some of the older ladies on the forum? Hardly what i would consider kind women!
Whatever you say lpfan

I thought having 2 handles was against the TOS on this forum

Old 01-17-2013, 12:52 PM

14,724 posts, read 33,468,873 times
The whole premise of this OP is disturbing. I think the OP needs therapy, either soon ... or at some later time. There are major trust and insecurity issues at stake.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:57 PM

102,384 posts, read 108,693,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Whatever you say lpfan

I thought having 2 handles was against the TOS on this forum
Oh, is chrisv lpfan? That explains the hostility.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:51 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,324,525 times
This is why its so important that women posses qualities besides being attractive. Attractive only gets you so far. Life goes on after 30. You need to figure out what else you have to offer.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:58 PM

79 posts, read 97,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
This is why its so important that women posses qualities besides being attractive. Attractive only gets you so far. Life goes on after 30. You need to figure out what else you have to offer.
Exactly! That's what these women do not realize. Once they turn 35 years old, they actually have to start being nice to people, and developing things such as a personality and a sense of humor. It's like a huge shock to their system. The women who have had these things all along probably do just fine with men as they get older.

Old 01-17-2013, 02:10 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,383,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
I am deathly afraid of getting older. It seems that when a woman approaches 30, she is no longer valuable or desirable to men as younger girls are. They'll just toss me aside and start chasing after 19 year olds. This is a very depressing state. If I get married, will my husband still lust after me or will he want to trade me in for a 20 year old??
Worrying/stress will make you age!! Stop that!!!

Tips:
Don't drink heavily, or better yet, at all.
Don't ruin your metab with dieting, etc. -->Eat a well-balanced diet, and engage in regular exercise.
Don't do drugs.
Don't worship the sun.
Don't smoke cigarettes.
Never stop learning and growing.
Get plenty of rest.
Help others. This will help you to stop focusing on yourself and negative things--- which often leads to depression.

Take the above advice, and you should stay "prime/Grade A" for many years to come.
Yes, even well into your 40's and 50's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships