Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2013, 12:17 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,481,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
I am deathly afraid of getting older.
Beats the hell out of the alternative.

Quote:
It seems that when a woman approaches 30, she is no longer valuable or desirable to men as younger girls are. They'll just toss me aside and start chasing after 19 year olds. This is a very depressing state. If I get married, will my husband still lust after me or will he want to trade me in for a 20 year old??
No man has ever found any woman over 30 to be attractive. Every woman who turns 30 is required to commence dressing and carrying on like the old town spinster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2013, 12:18 AM

165 posts, read 434,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
My grandmother live to 95, and she had the hormonal beach-ball body. So did her sisters, both lived well into their 90's. My aunt was always overweight, and lived to 96. A recent study showed that those with a little extra weight actually live longer than thin people. The study results came contrary to what doctors expected.
Perhaps you are right. I don't know. Just my observations.

What I do know is that fewer men will be attractive or trying to get some with women well beyond 44 who have "beach-ball bodies."

I thought attractive women 34-44 were more fun to date than women 18-24.

Old 01-19-2013, 01:10 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,764,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Well, gee, I wonder why Doll Eyes feels the way that she does... Hmm...

Bwahahahahaha!

hahaha. I know, I don't even bother answering him anymore....

Old 01-19-2013, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Sorry DE, gotta disagree with you. Most 40+ guys might want a 22 YO for a one night stand but not for a relationship. I don't want to feel like a babysitter.

No they actually do put a lot of value on the younger women, you see it all the time. They talk about how they are looks wise and all and how they're most desirable physically. I work with a man who's about 42ish and he goes on and on about Selena Gomez. She's about 20 I think. It sounds really noble to say otherwise, but IMO, they do prefer the younger ones but many of them over the hill cannot get them.

Old 01-19-2013, 01:39 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,584,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
No they actually do put a lot of value on the younger women, you see it all the time. They talk about how they are looks wise and all and how they're most desirable physically. I work with a man who's about 42ish and he goes on and on about Selena Gomez. She's about 20 I think. It sounds really noble to say otherwise, but IMO, they do prefer the younger ones but many of them over the hill cannot get them.
I'm young enough to not have a valid opinion, but I could understand why someone would want to sleep with 22 year old......and also want to marry a 30 year old. This will disgust you as usual, but the truth is in order. I was like you once. Always hating the way things are. You have to rise above it, or you can enjoy being alone. If you're cool with that it's awesome.

Old 01-19-2013, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejaentendu19 View Post
I'm young enough to not have a valid opinion, but I could understand why someone would want to sleep with 22 year old......and also want to marry a 30 year old. This will disgust you as usual, but the truth is in order. I was like you once. Always hating the way things are. You have to rise above it, or you can enjoy being alone. If you're cool with that it's awesome.

Yes you don't have a 'valid opinion,' but not because you are young, because you don't know what you're talking about. I don't date hence I will be alone. See how that works....

Anyways, I wasn't talking about myself in the first place. I was talking about what I see men mostly going for.

Old 01-20-2013, 07:57 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,224,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Selena Gomez really?

She looks like she's 13

Old 01-20-2013, 08:35 AM

757 posts, read 1,107,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Don't be depressed redberry rose, when you meet a man who really loves and cares for you, you will look forever young in his eyes..It's very satisfying to age with a partner...the life experience and knowledge that you will gain together will be invaluable, and take it from me (WELL over 30) if there is lust in the beginning, it will never die.
I'm sure somewhere in this universe that mushy stuff does exist but, not here lol

Old 01-20-2013, 08:41 AM

6,143 posts, read 7,578,444 times
I don't understand why women are so afraid to turn 30. I turned 31 a few months ago, and the last two years have been the best of my life. The two years before that were the absolute worst. I got married when I was 30. I look forward to growing old with my husband, we have a blast together. I doubt it would ever happen, but if someday he "trades me in for a younger model" I will go on living my life.

OP, live your life for you and not for a man. Become an interesting person, develop some interests outside of how to keep a man. I have several single friends who are in their late 30's and early-mid 40's and they are awesome women who enjoy life. Imagine that!

Old 01-20-2013, 08:44 AM

19,981 posts, read 30,372,493 times
Quote:
I am deathly afraid of getting older. It seems that when a woman approaches 30, she is no longer valuable or desirable to men as younger girls are. They'll just toss me aside and start chasing after 19 year olds. This is a very depressing state. If I get married, will my husband still lust after me or will he want to trade me in for a 20 year old??
you are worrying too much-

just take care of yourself- dont go pms psycho on the guy, don't complain all the time, and he will adore you

guys are easy, we like to eat and we like sex....its woman that makes things so complicated (running for cover!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships