Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2013, 07:34 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,189,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy612 View Post
the problem with this world is that the media and magazines give most women this pressure to be a size 0 and have botox by the time we are 30. these women who grace the covers of magazines with not a skin blemish or wrinkle in sight are not real!! they are photoshopped! we have to stop idolizing these false idols.

The ironic thing is that it's women's magazines putting the pressure on other women, at least as far as the weight issue goes. Models in men's magazines tend to have curves and a healthy weight. It's generally the models in magazines that women read, and in the media shows that women watch, that are extremely skinny. For some reason, you ladies like to put unnecessary pressure on each other to be stick thin. Most men find women with healthy curves to be extremely attractive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 07:34 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,695,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBomb View Post
Ha. No such thing as a forced sexless woman. Ever notice the million fetishes men have? Theres a nitch for every...woman. Younger women are indeed more desirable much like weathly men are more desirable. Id rather be judged on how i look as opposed to how much money i make. Looks require little effort. So yes men will still desire you no matter your age just not as much as they did when you were younger.
There is a big difference between a guy wanting to have sex with you (let's face it....most men will have sex with any woman regardless) and a man actually wanting to be with you.

A man desiring me for sex and sex only is not a compliment for me because of that. That just means I'm alive and I own a vagina...nothing else really matters.

Now, a man desiring me for a relationship or desiring me beyond my genitals is much, much different.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:56 PM

491 posts, read 571,727 times
If a man doesnt want you sexually there is no desire for a relationship sans family and just friends and lets face it men with female friends are probably women hes attracted to sexually. If he doesnt desire you sexually you will be treated like any other stranger or male friend. Its life. Women are judged based on looks ( youth and fertility are preffered ). Men are judged based on utility ( whatever they can actually do ). Everything else is secondary.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:09 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,189,488 times
Quote:
If a man doesnt want you sexually there is no desire for a relationship sans family and just friends and lets face it men with female friends are probably women hes attracted to sexually. If he doesnt desire you sexually you will be treated like any other stranger or male friend. Its life. Women are judged based on looks ( youth and fertility are preffered ). Men are judged based on utility ( whatever they can actually do ). Everything else is secondary.
Very true. That being said, if a woman is mediocre-looking but she is a kind person and she gives her man a lot of sex, that can go a long way to make her more desirable.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:16 PM

491 posts, read 571,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Very true. That being said, if a woman is mediocre-looking but she is a kind person and she gives her man a lot of sex, that can go a long way to make her more desirable.
yep. Ive dated a few less than good looking women who made up for it with wife-like characteristics

Old 01-24-2013, 08:18 PM

803 posts, read 1,883,139 times
lpfan921, u are totally right/ lots of womens magazines are put alot of self conscious-ness and insecurities in women by the content of the articles. stuff like:

*how to lose weight and get him to notice u.
* why botox is ok
*you plastic surgery questions answered
*3 day slimdown-recipe on page 50
etc.
lol

of course it doesnt help that some of the women in these magazines look like a mop with earrings on.

so its kinda suggesting this type of unhealthy body figure is stylish trendy and desired. it doesnt help that designers only make clothing up to a size 6..(sometimes in the pictures it will show the sizes and price) im sure its like some couture brands or something but still.

its a shame these women magazines dont have articles like:

* not eating is dangerous to your health
* the advantges of having a more fuller curvier body
* gain 10 pounds and look better in your bikini this summer
* how to fill out your jeans with these exercises
etc lol

Marilyn Monroe was a sex symbol in her time and she was never a size 0. i read somewhere that she was a size 10. she had a womans body with curves and all ...there was no way u could ever fit all of marilyn in a size 0.

i really wish magazines and fashion shows would show more women with healthier body types. itwould make alot of women feel more confident with their body and eating disorders would probably be on the decline.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:24 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,761,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
There is a big difference between a guy wanting to have sex with you (let's face it....most men will have sex with any woman regardless) and a man actually wanting to be with you.

A man desiring me for sex and sex only is not a compliment for me because of that. That just means I'm alive and I own a vagina...nothing else really matters.

Now, a man desiring me for a relationship or desiring me beyond my genitals is much, much different.
Don't expect this to ever be taken in and understood on here or IRL by men. In case you haven't noticed, they hold the monopoly where these things are concerned & it's only valid if it's their situation.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:41 PM

Quote:
I agree completely. Of course, I prefer to be treated as an actual human being and not just a walking vagina.

I know that no matter what I do, how good of a person I am, how well I treat others...that I will NEVER be seen as anything more than what I look like.

It's a bummer, but that's just the way it is.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:43 PM

40,996 posts, read 49,408,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Don't expect this to ever be taken in and understood on here or IRL by men.
You are so totally wrong about this. You are now lumping men together.

Us decent guys understand 100% what she meant.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Don't expect this to ever be taken in and understood on here or IRL by men. In case you haven't noticed, they hold the monopoly where these things are concerned & it's only valid if it's their situation.
I've always found it interesting that on this forum so many of the men think there is no difference between wanting a relationship with someone and wanting to just bang them and leave.

To so many men here, they are the exact same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships