Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 02:08 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,480,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Nope.

Over 30 here and still beating em off w/ a stick...
Ouch! Don't you think they'd prefer your hand?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2013, 02:08 PM

896 posts, read 1,477,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Most mature guys want mature women in their age range.
BWAAAHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Good one!!

Old 01-15-2013, 02:09 PM

1,479 posts, read 2,722,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Choose a guy who is driven, intelligent and polite, instead of that dirtbag that will impregnate you, smack you around and leave you and his kids without blinking an eye.
I agree and it seems that more than just a few women have trouble with this.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:10 PM

102,235 posts, read 108,093,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post

Good one!!
Speaking of real life, not the C-D Bizarro world...

Old 01-15-2013, 02:13 PM

50,931 posts, read 36,618,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
I've never witnessed such a thing but I won't lose hope that it may exist
I work in an assisted living facility, and I see it every day, so don't lose hope.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:15 PM

20,443 posts, read 12,811,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
I am deathly afraid of getting older. It seems that when a woman approaches 30, she is no longer valuable or desirable to men as younger girls are. They'll just toss me aside and start chasing after 19 year olds. This is a very depressing state. If I get married, will my husband still lust after me or will he want to trade me in for a 20 year old??
If he loves you, he will. My wife & I have been married 31.5 years, and dated 8 years prior to that. We're in our early 50s, so we've been together as a couple since middle school.

My wife has lost her girlish figure (), and my chest has fallen into my drawers (), but she still "turns me on"!

Old 01-15-2013, 02:16 PM

20,065 posts, read 13,524,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post

Good one!!
?? Hey I'm one of them. I want something in common with my S.O. A 56 year old man has absolutely nothing sustainably in common with a 26 year old girl. A long term relationship with one would be like baby sitting to me. What the heck would we talk about? What interests would we share?

It's all between your ears anyway. Often overlooked ... women tend to peak sexually in their late 30's and early 40's. For me, and I think a lot of guys, nothing's hotter than a woman who is easy to turn on, and who enjoys sex, and maybe has enough experience to have a bit of confidence and assertiveness. It's also nice not to have to initiate sex 87% of the time. This is just one of a zillion factoids you're not taking into account.

Back when I used to live in Arizona people used to snicker about the 70 and 80 year olds in the retirement communities and the joke was that lonely widows and widowers were literally diving into the bushes to go at it. No more kids, no one to impress, too few years left to give a fig ... it sets people on fire apparently.

Yes there are plenty of stories of people who are treated badly, etc., but also plenty of stories of people having very satisfying relationships and sex lives at all ages. You need to get out more, open your eyes, and maybe get outside the crowd / family you run with.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:16 PM

19,735 posts, read 20,289,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Ouch! Don't you think they'd prefer your hand?
lmao

Old 01-15-2013, 02:20 PM

20,417 posts, read 14,706,156 times
So it sounds to me you're not so much worried about dating after 30, as you are the idea of keeping a man you might marry, as you both grow older.

Am I right or wrong on that?

If I'm correct, it has nothing to do with age. Sure what people said about keeping the weight off is good...but some men are naturally more loyal than others. You will probably know in your heart if your man really is. And if he is, then other things are MUCH more important than whether you are young and hot looking.

For instance, things that can make or break marriages:
-Are you on the same page about kids? Having them, and how to raise them?
-Are you on the same page about money?
-Do you have enough in common that you can do things together, or is he going off on his own to do things he enjoys, because you won't participate? Are you going off alone likewise?
-Do you continue to give him a good time in the bedroom, as often as he likes? Does he continue to do the same for you?
-Are you dealing with extended family (his or yours) that maybe don't like you or him, and how near and involved are they?

The list goes on.

Marriages are about so much more than "am I still hot?"

Also, it's not 100% bad that you feel snarly and threatened by younger girls...because some guys find it sexy and flattering when women are possessive of them and ready to even hypothetically fight for them. My man would KILL for me to act like that.

Old 01-15-2013, 03:25 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,300,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
Nah.

Hot is hot at any age.
Right On! CaptainJack, now if only more people would believe it, or at least in themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships