Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2013, 12:27 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
Doesn't matter, your physical appearance makes or breaks ya in online profile. I could write every single thing a girl is looking for in my bio but if she doesn't like the pictures, buh bye. Most people don't realize some people just aren't photogenic.

Agreed completely, online dating is quite a bit different than dating in real life. Online, it is probably 95% looks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2013, 01:30 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
Doesn't matter, your physical appearance makes or breaks ya in online profile. I could write every single thing a girl is looking for in my bio but if she doesn't like the pictures, buh bye. Most people don't realize some people just aren't photogenic.
I think looks matter online but so do other things. I have been rejected a lot online and I know it's because of my age. I know this because men have stated so, not to mention when I was younger (or put I was younger)I got far more responses. I still get a lot of responses but most seem to be from guys looking for sex, or men who don't want kids.

Old 02-10-2013, 01:53 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,482,078 times
^^^^^ Maybe its your screen name?

...Or general bitterness and excessive carry on baggage?

I discount looks online...because I've only ever ment two women that looked as good as their pictures and one that looked better...the rest looked 10-15 years older and 40# heavier!

When I dated online I went for the quick coffee meet as early as possible....I wanted the meet within a day or two of them contacting me. Or I'd settle for a that day cell pic. Otherwise it was NEXT!

Now if they couldn't write properly it was an automatic NEXT!

Old 02-10-2013, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
^^^^^ Maybe its your screen name?

...Or general bitterness and excessive carry on baggage?

I discount looks online...because I've only ever ment two women that looked as good as their pictures and one that looked better...the rest looked 10-15 years older and 40# heavier!

When I dated online I went for the quick coffee meet as early as possible....I wanted the meet within a day or two of them contacting me. Or I'd settle for a that day cell pic. Otherwise it was NEXT!

Now if they couldn't write properly it was an automatic NEXT!
I don't use that name on dating sites but when men contacted me and said "you're hot but too old" then of course it leads to some bitterness. I met a few guys but not connection. I don't have excessive baggage either.

Old 02-10-2013, 02:03 PM

518 posts, read 1,004,436 times
I could never understand why a woman would care what other guys thought about them or their profile on a dating site or in general. If a guy doesn't like them, thinks they're too old, too overweight, too unattractive or too whatever, I'd do a Cyborg and say, "Next!"

Life is too damn short to care about and become bitter about what other people think. What people need to start doing is care about what the people who DO care about them think.

Old 02-10-2013, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apotamkin_Renesmee View Post
I could never understand why a woman would care what other guys thought about them or their profile on a dating site or in general. If a guy doesn't like them, thinks they're too old, too overweight, too unattractive or too whatever, I'd do a Cyborg and say, "Next!"

Life is too damn short to care about and become bitter about what other people think. What people need to start doing is care about what the people who DO care about them think.
Because it gets frustrating when random men (men I didn't contact)would contact just to be mean. It's why I got frustrated with online.

Old 02-10-2013, 02:17 PM

518 posts, read 1,004,436 times
Men who contact a woman out of nowhere just to be mean and say insulting things to her should be briskly brushed aside and forgotten about - forever. If their insults and mean spirit are taken to heart and causes bitterness and disruption in a person's life, then they have achieved their intended result on said person/people. Those types of men/women are bitter and miserable themselves and want to cause the same feeling in others. It's okay to have a knee jerk reaction to these people - however, it's not good for the heart or soul to let what those people say fester inside of us like a rancid piece of rotting food.

Old 02-13-2013, 05:18 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,971,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Agreed completely, online dating is quite a bit different than dating in real life. Online, it is probably 95% looks.
I think some men have the impression that women are like them. Not so. Men are usually attracted to looks in a woman. Woman are attracted to, sometimes money and sometimes more cerebral things, maybe the perception of power. For a woman a lot of her sexual attraction to a man starts in her head. Not that a man should be unkempt or slovenly, but it just is not the primary thing for most women.

Powerful men are not dumb. Dumb is not sexy at all. It's a big turnoff.
Monied men are not dumb, either.
Women like to feel protected. Money and power usually do that.

Old 02-13-2013, 05:21 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,971,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I don't use that name on dating sites but when men contacted me and said "you're hot but too old" then of course it leads to some bitterness. I met a few guys but not connection. I don't have excessive baggage either.
I never dated a lot. At somewhere in my 50's I met my husband. He was a manager in a book store. He invited me back for one of their evening talks and it started from there.

I never felt a 'ticking clock', was not really interested in kids, and did not have a lot of care as to whether I married or not. We were just compatible.

You should try to organize the life you want for yourself. Nothing drives people away more than perceived desperation. My thinking was that I would do things with my girlfriends. I thought there are more women than men and why should I spend so much time primping and trying to impress someone who, if statistics are correct, I'd have a fifty fifty chance of divorcing anyway? I think women are still programmed by society to think that they are supposed to marry or something is wrong with them. Really? Take a serious look at the marriages around you. Do you want that? I didn't.

As luck would have it I found a guy who is not afraid to think for himself and breaks molds. An interesting person who is also fun. But if this did not happen I was not going to lament about it.

Woman are freer at this time, in the West, probably more than in any time in history. We don't have to fit into the mold of our ancestors. Life is too short to spend waiting for Prince Charming.

I think there's an element of fate to this. If something happens, it does. It should not be forced.

Last edited by goldengrain; 02-13-2013 at 05:31 PM..

Old 02-14-2013, 11:08 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,743,952 times
Poor spelling and grammar is bad. Deliberate poor spelling and grammar is even worse. Another turn-off is when you're chatting with them and they're too damn lazy to type more than a word or two at a time.

ME: "Hi there."
HER: "hi"
ME: "How are you tonight?"
HER: "gud u"
ME: "I'm OK. So how'd you find this place?"
HER: "bored"
ME: "Well what do you do for fun?"
HER: "nething"
ME: "I like to travel, listen to music, exercise, [etc.]..."
HER: "o"
[At this point I get annoyed by the brevity and don't bother.]

They're so bored that they're not even in the mood to type while sitting at at the computer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships