Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2013, 04:47 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,304,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
I can only see your lack of writing skills and your lack of caring about your posts now, so if YOU don't care about your posts, neither do I ...nor should anyone else.

Your attitude is one of selfishness....you want to be heard yet think it's the duty of those reading your posts to have to decipher them....that's lazy. I'm sure you expect your mate to "know what you mean" quite frequently, don't you?

I find your attitude unattractive...attitudes make up a persons core.

Thank you for so adamantly proving my point!

So...I apologize for being harsh with you...I figured someone would make an example of themselves...it just happened to have been you.

Good Job!
So I'm selfish and lazy. Interesting, I had no idea there was some sort of code that proved those who dont write "well" have obvious character flaws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2013, 09:00 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,103,926 times
There's some really anal people in here my god lol

Old 03-06-2013, 09:20 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
Quote:
...maybe they should get a better editor!

Continual use of the wrong word or spelling is a symbol of their laziness...like having to have someone else do it for them...laziness.
Your inserted commas are optional, and the "of" is unnecessary. We're also going to have to ask you to step away from the ellipses, sir.

- The Grammar Police

Old 03-06-2013, 09:30 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,263,862 times
Not just spelling, punctuation, and grammar.

Spacing, too.

The penis mightier than the sword.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:42 AM

864 posts, read 1,455,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
hey sexxy, u seem really cool i d like 2 get to no u so check out my profile n if u wanna chat u can txt me or at least msg me back. 508-000-0000 hope i hear from you soon hun.....
Automatic deletion, absolutely, lol. Yes, grammar and spelling do matter (that doesn't include obvious typos).

Old 03-06-2013, 01:27 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
There's some really anal people in here my god lol
I do think writing on a forum is a bit different than on a dating site though... you are trying to make a good impression so why not take the extra time and make sure your profile is correct? It simply shows that you care and are willing to put real effort into finding a partner.

Old 03-06-2013, 03:34 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,485,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Your inserted commas are optional, and the "of" is unnecessary. We're also going to have to ask you to step away from the ellipses, sir.

- The Grammar Police
....But...but I'm addicted to ellipses...

I'm trying to cut back...that's why I removed the space between them...it's a start!

My ellipse bowl:

Last edited by Cyborgt800; 03-06-2013 at 04:36 PM..

Old 03-07-2013, 03:04 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,730,962 times
I'm not sure that the details (spelling and grammar) are that important, if two people can communicate.

My wife and I have different native languages and neither of us is a "native-speaker" in our second language, so we speak a combination of both languages (one very well, the other well enough) and it works far better than using a single language.

What amazes me is that in Scandinavia, Danes, Norwegians and Swedes talk to each other in their own native languages. These languages are not exactly the same, Swedish being the most different grammatically and linguistically from the other two, but it seems to work just fine.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:07 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,978,568 times
Quote:
You completely made my point while saying you don not understand it!

People PRIORITIZE, for sure! If communication isn't a priority then your relationship is coasting on assumptions...if you're lucky, your assumptions and reality won't clash...most aren't that lucky!
I think that part of the problem is that for some dumb reason people get upset if you correct them. I was taught in school that polite correction of spelling or usage is a help to make you do these things better. My friends seem not to have these problems and my husband and I are often correcting each other, and asking how to spell a word or how to best express this or that concept.

If people don't correct each other, it just allows your learning ability to stagnate in life. It's not insulting at all, but helpful, if people correct me. How else do we learn?

Old 03-12-2013, 11:20 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,978,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apotamkin_Renesmee View Post
Cyborg, I normally don't agree with anything you post lol, but I have to say, I did notice the grammatical errors and word omission in that post. Visually and intellectually, it bothered me; but I didn't want to point it out as you did. That doesn't mean when a person does this that they're not otherwise intelligent to a certain degree. But for me, a person should be able to write a sentence or a paragraph without having to always use "spell check". It's a turn off (for me) to read a posting, e-mail or message from a person that has glaring spelling and/or grammatical errors in it. Maybe I just notice them too much; but, I can't help it.
I use Mozilla Firefox and don't have to do anything to use spell check. It checks as you are writing.

I agree that writing properly shows a certain respect for both yourself and your audience. Sure, some people will overlook your blunders, but you will definitely distract others and if your main goal is to get your ideas across, why would you choose to be sloppy? In this, as in other aspects of life, don't we prefer to stack the deck in our favor when possible?

Last edited by goldengrain; 03-12-2013 at 11:34 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships