Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2013, 02:48 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times

Advertisements

Bad boys in movies, books, and TV show are hot and desirable because they are not really bad boys. They are soft centers with a hard candy shell. They are attractive because you can imagine you are the one that gets to break through that hard candy shell to the soft center. Bad boys in real life are not attractive or desirable to an woman who values her worth because there is no soft center. I think that some fictional characters that are bad boys are yummy. I've never had an interest in any real life bad boy. I deserve more than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2013, 02:57 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Like all things in life... some women like bad boys, some men like bad girls...... all of these generalizations generally don't work....

Old 02-02-2013, 02:59 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Bad boys in movies, books, and TV show are hot and desirable because they are not really bad boys. They are soft centers with a hard candy shell. They are attractive because you can imagine you are the one that gets to break through that hard candy shell to the soft center. Bad boys in real life are not attractive or desirable to an woman who values her worth because there is no soft center. I think that some fictional characters that are bad boys are yummy. I've never had an interest in any real life bad boy. I deserve more than that.
Yes, in the same way men have a white knight syndrome where they try to champion and rescue women from hard life circumstances, women sometimes have this reformist obsession where they try to, as you say, break through to the soft centre, even when they know in the back of their minds none exists.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:11 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Like all things in life... some women like bad boys, some men like bad girls...... all of these generalizations generally don't work....
And now we've come full circle back to page 1 of the thread.

Much ado about nothing.

Old 02-02-2013, 04:07 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
Not all single mums chase bad boys
Perhaps I should have quoted...but I was on my phone at the time and it's kind of a pain in the butt to do so. Another poster said that single moms go after the 'good guys' after the 'bad boys' get them knocked up. I just reiterated that I'm not a single mom and I prefer the good guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
No ish. What was that dig for?

This forum has a bizarre fascination with vilifying single mothers. Thank goodness the real world is nothing like this forum.
See above. It was just a miscommunication.

Old 02-02-2013, 04:44 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossCountryTrip View Post
???
If so, why?
I'd say its a combination.

Fact-ion.

I could go into many theories on this. I'll just pick one. The bad boy / dangerous man goes for what he wants.

What a woman really wants is the confidence and assertiveness.

Old 02-02-2013, 04:46 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Yes, in the same way men have a white knight syndrome where they try to champion and rescue women from hard life circumstances, women sometimes have this reformist obsession where they try to, as you say, break through to the soft centre, even when they know in the back of their minds none exists.
Exactly. It's the same as the guys that go for the drug addicted women who have hit rock bottom thinking that they can be rescued and will be forever grateful. Doesn't usually work out that way.

Old 02-02-2013, 04:53 PM

44 posts, read 49,073 times
Let these women love those bad boys. They'll learn the hard way and come running to us when they become bottom dwellers. I have no pity for those type of women.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:08 PM

198 posts, read 444,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Standard View Post
Let these women love those bad boys. They'll learn the hard way and come running to us when they become bottom dwellers. I have no pity for those type of women.
After they've had they're fill of riding the carousel and have a demon spawn or two of some bad boy that dumped them, then they will come to you. But will you want them then, when they are past their prime? That's why you have to learn game now.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:18 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,562 times
Demon spawn?

Wat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships