Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2013, 07:13 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,788,614 times

Advertisements

Some women like the stereotypical "bad" boys...just as some other women like men who are the exact opposite

Your mileage may vary, but the good news is the individual guy looking, just has to the dind right gal, who is a compatible match for him...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2013, 08:01 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,717,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locutus of Board View Post
After they've had they're fill of riding the carousel and have a demon spawn or two of some bad boy that dumped them, then they will come to you. But will you want them then, when they are past their prime? That's why you have to learn game now.
Awww, looks like we have an MRA on our hands.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:22 PM

2,626 posts, read 3,439,097 times
A long-time male friend/associate of mine (a married man who is highly socially skilled, always socially successful in life-at-large, and has always had women of nearly all types fawning over him, pursuing him, and wanting to be in his company) once shared with me this thought, saying to me:
"You know what every man and woman wants from one another (or nearly every man and woman wants)? We want each other to be a devil in bed . . . and an angel everywhere else."

Interesting viewpoint. For everyone I've ever shared that thought with over the years (from conservative to liberal to uber-liberal, from religious persons of many types to non-believers/irreligionists, and people of varied age ranges and generations), no one expressed any disagreement with that statement . . . even if some of them didn't offer up any further thoughts on that statement but just nodded, they didn't explicitly express any disagreement with it . . . and nearly all other persons who did respond to that statement affirmatively or tacitly agreed with his assessment. An interesting viewpoint or insight on his part.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:28 PM

102,410 posts, read 108,779,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsAll View Post
A long-time male friend/associate of mine (a married man who is highly socially skilled, always socially successful in life-at-large, and has always had women of nearly all types fawning over him, pursuing him, and wanting to be in his company) once shared with me this thought, saying to me:
"You know what every man and woman wants from one another (or nearly every man and woman wants)? We want each other to be a devil in bed . . . and an angel everywhere else."

Interesting viewpoint. For everyone I've ever shared that thought with over the years (from conservative to liberal to uber-liberal, from religious persons of many types to non-believers/irreligionists, and people of varied age ranges and generations), no one expressed any disagreement with that statement . . . even if some of them didn't offer up any further thoughts on that statement but just nodded, they didn't explicitly express any disagreement with it . . . and nearly all other persons who did respond to that statement affirmatively or tacitly agreed with his assessment. An interesting viewpoint or insight on his part.
OK, I disagree. Why characterize what goes on in bed as the devil's work? What is that about?! Why isn't it God's work, or spiritual work? Doesn't anyone here ever get a spiritual high after sex? I hate this negative attitude towards sex this culture is infested with. Don't buy into it.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:30 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,273,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsAll View Post

Well, I'm not sure I would characterize it quite like that - but I do want someone who is passionate in the sack and still a good person. Luckily - I got just that!

But I don't see them as 2 different things. I don't see being a "devil" in bed as being a bad person in the bedroom - just really GOOD in the bedroom!

Old 02-02-2013, 08:32 PM

18,247 posts, read 22,608,538 times
What people usually fail to understand and/or acknowledge is that "bad boys" are usually the ones who are attracted to "good girls".

I'm not in to "bad boys" but a lot of them approach me because I look innocent and sweet.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:41 PM

198 posts, read 446,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Awww, looks like we have an MRA on our hands.

I represent no faction or interest group.

I speak only of biological and sociological realities. I expose the truth about women.

Old 02-02-2013, 11:56 PM

2,626 posts, read 3,439,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USALL:

Response from RUTH4TRUTH:
OK, I disagree. Why characterize what goes on in bed as the devil's work? What is that about?! Why isn't it God's work, or spiritual work? Doesn't anyone here ever get a spiritual high after sex? I hate this negative attitude towards sex this culture is infested with. Don't buy into it.

Response from DEWDROP93:
Well, I'm not sure I would characterize it quite like that - but I do want someone who is passionate in the sack and still a good person. Luckily - I got just that!

But I don't see them as 2 different things. I don't see being a "devil" in bed as being a bad person in the bedroom - just really GOOD in the bedroom!

Response from USALL: RUTH4TRUTH said "Why characterize what goes on in bed as the devil's work? What is that about?! Why isn't it God's work, or spiritual work?" You're reading it too literally. The person who said this (who is a faithful born-again Christian, at that!) means that when we are in bed with someone we care about, we don't have to play so prim and proper,k prudish, straight-laced; it is OK and even desired to be passionate, giving and receiving of the intimacy and pleasure of the moment . . . rather than to be so meek, circumscribed, and hung up in our behavior. Being a sexual creature (as I should think and hope we would all recognize that we all are . . . if we are psychologically wholesome and healthy persons) and savoring sexual intimacy and pleasure with another person is not and need not be deemed as a "sin" or as being "bad". It means it is OK to let your hair down and get into it, to not have to walk on eggshells and be so "proper" and "reserved". He (nor I) do NOT mean to conjure up "The Devil" (or Lucifer or Satan or Beelzebub or whatever other name you want to give to this entity) in a literal sense; it is a word used here as a figure-of-speech . . . to say that we who are healthy-minded persons with a wholesome sense and perspective on love, affection, and intimacy can allow ourselves to be exciting, passionate, and even playful or naughty with our significant-other (or with a prospective significant-other). And this, in and of itself, doesn't make us a "bad boy" a "bad girl" except merely in a poetic or colloquial sense (hence using a poetic figure-of-speech such as "being a devil in bed . . . yet an angel everywhere else").

DEWDROP93 got more the sense of what my friend meant (when DEWDROP93 said "Well, I'm not sure I would characterize it quite like that - but I do want someone who is passionate in the sack and still a good person" and then he/she said "But I don't see them as 2 different things. I don't see being a "devil" in bed as being a bad person in the bedroom - just really GOOD in the bedroom!"). Yes, DEWDROP93 ! In other words, being "passionate in the sack" doesn't make the man or woman a "bad boy" or "bad girl"; just an adventurous and passionate one. Isn't that what you BOTH want? It is a "sprirtual experience" as you stated, RUTH4TRUTH (or at least it is in the mind of my born-again evangelical Christian friend and in my mind as well). I guess this expression of his (my friend) that I shared with all of you came out of his long-time experiences with meeting so many proclaimed Christians and other persons (religionists and non-religionists) who always act so reserved and obsessed/uptight or hung up about all things sexual and affectional . . . like they think it is being "bad" or even "sinful" to be a sexual and affectional creature and to be a giving person in this regard. My friend's perspective is that we want "goodness" and "properness" (i.e., good and well-motivated appropriate behavior) in all of our interactions and relations with our opposite-sex partner and yet, when it comes to physical intimacy, I would think that we would all appreciate it even more if our partner would make it enjoyable and memorable for both persons (and we should do likewise as well with our partner) and not be so very very reserved and limited in our repertoire of responses and behaviors in this situation. Hence the expression " We want each other to be a devil in bed . . . and an angel everywhere else." It is a colloquial expression, not literal.

Last edited by UsAll; 02-03-2013 at 12:30 AM..

Old 02-03-2013, 12:07 AM

102,410 posts, read 108,779,729 times
Ugh. Keep the "colloquial" verbiage out of it.
Besides, who says it has to be confined to bed? Or a certain time of day? Who says it even has to be confined to the home?
Am I being too literal again? Quoting your friend isn't really helpful. What was the point again? What does this have to do with the OP?

Old 02-03-2013, 12:54 AM

31,382 posts, read 22,365,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I look innocent and sweet.
Really
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships