Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 10:49 PM

16,391 posts, read 31,008,526 times

Advertisements

You know, that's a tough one. I dated a girl for about 4 months. She was perhaps one of the most positive , negative people I've ever met. She seemed to always have a positive view on things, yet at the same time was always complaining too.

It just became more and more annoying... almost to the point where I was glad she was moving away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2013, 10:54 PM

42,762 posts, read 52,998,335 times
Ugh, I had a co-worker like this. So negative all the time. The others made snide comments to shut her up.

No I don't want a Debbie Downer.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:56 PM

44,252 posts, read 64,550,045 times
Negativity is so soul-sucking...omg...I can't take it.

Why the hell would someone be so stupid as to waste the precious time they have on this planet whining about things and letting other people control their emotions so much?

It's effin' irritating.

So irritating I dumped Harvard-trained PhD ex-model over it.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:58 PM

39,401 posts, read 27,779,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
You know, that's a tough one. I dated a girl for about 4 months. She was perhaps one of the most positive , negative people I've ever met. She seemed to always have a positive view on things, yet at the same time was always complaining too.

It just became more and more annoying... almost to the point where I was glad she was moving away.
This guy I am talking about is nothing like the girl you dated for four months. He complains about everything and is very negative about things.
For example, he's complain about his superviser being micromanaging things, he complains about his parents for calling too much, he complains about his ex girlfriend who never showed him her true color. Everything.

but other qualities he has are good though. I tried to ask him to be a little bit positive, he said "I am mad at God too." How can you reason with somebody like that.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
This guy I am talking about is nothing like the girl you dated for four months. He complains about everything and is very negative about things.
For example, he's complain about his superviser being micromanaging things, he complains about his parents for calling too much, he complains about his ex girlfriend who never showed him her true color. Everything.

but other qualities he has are good though. I tried to ask him to be a little bit positive, he said "I am mad at God too." How can you reason with somebody like that.

I'd have been gone just like I probably would have dumped that girl earlier had she not already been moving away.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:03 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,787,265 times
Geez folks! People do go through down times ya know? Not everybody is a machine covered with smiley face stickers. Maybe this guy is just questioning things right now. And you know we aren't living in the most upbeat times as a society either. Lot's of people are on edge right now.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VX5650 View Post
Geez folks! People do go through down times ya know? Not everybody is a machine covered with smiley face stickers. Maybe this guy is just questioning things right now. And you know we aren't living in the most upbeat times as a society either. Lot's of people are on edge right now.

Yeah, all the more reason to not bring everyone else down with their negativity

Old 02-04-2013, 11:08 PM

Quote:
You can't control the world or other people, but you can ALWAYS control your attitude towards it.
I have seen people with their second or third round of cancer smile, be upbeat, and still be trying to help other people.
THAT I respect and admire.

These whiney piney idjits who get peeved because someone cut them off in traffic and they have to cry about it to everyone they see...eff that.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:14 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,787,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
These whiney piney idjits who get peeved because someone cut them off in traffic and they have to cry about it to everyone they see...eff that.
Shouldn't you be more positive about these "idjits"?
Yeah but if this guy is saying that he's mad at God then obviously he's going through something deeper than that.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Shouldn't you be more positive about these "idjits"?
Yeah but if this guy is saying that he's mad at God then obviously he's going through something deeper than that.
I'm positive that I prefer to stay away from that negativity and bad vibe situation.

Maybe he's depressed. Maybe not. Some people are just wired like that. Ugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships