Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2013, 11:44 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,389,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineComedy View Post
Probably handled that one well.
To this day, I wonder what she wanted. I have NO clue what she was up to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2013, 11:45 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,312,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
To this day, I wonder what she wanted. I have NO clue what she was up to.
I could make a few guesses.

Only one of them ends well for you

A few are pretty neutral

A whole ****load are bad

Old 02-07-2013, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineComedy View Post
I could make a few guesses.

Only one of them ends well for you

A few are pretty neutral

A whole ****load are bad
I figured, but elaborate on the bad ones. It was in broad daylight, on a sunny day.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:59 PM

632 posts, read 1,031,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
Adults getting hit on by teens. Does this happen to anyone?

It happened to me yesterday, and it's happened a few times in the past as well. When I say 'teens', I'm not talking about 19-year-olds...I'm talking about minors who are still in high school.

How have you handled the situation?
I think this happens more to women than men. The overwhelming majority of teen girls think "ewwww" when it comes to older men. Teen boys are super horny and with their fascination with "milfs" would be a lot more apt to give it a shot.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:20 AM

4,211 posts, read 4,466,549 times
I had a sales job early in my career I was 24 and as I walked into a Burger King dressed up looking crisp in a suit for lunch in a suburban middle class area, three young teen girls probably 15-16ish exiting made a big deal about opening the door ogling me up and down and broke out into singing Bon Jovi's 'Lay Your hands On Me' - I just laughed and smiled and didn't think anything was serious.

I think the majority of teen girls hitting on adult men falls into the following categories. 1) Precocious types who want to test their recently cognizant level of sexual appeal to adult men. In most cases they are smart enough to know they are attractive and just want more attention / confirmation, 2) sheltered / (perhaps abused) or lacking a male role model so they seek / cling to a stable authority male figure (say teacher / coach / boss) dangerous for teens if the so called authority figure is predatory 3) The extremely rare Lolita type who want to wield power via sexuality at earliest ages and find disarming adult males in conversation a litmus test for social / sexual boundaries - the sort who just wants to try it out to try it out - probably psychologically scarred or just emotionally immature 4) the truly desparate abused / runaway type who's perfected a scam approach to steal and hitting on adult marks to test for gullability as part of ruse.

For teen boys hitting on older adult women I think there is less social risk in general as the boys 'think' due to warped acculturation of todays media it's funny and somehow 'cool' and that adult women - as all humans like to be desired so even though nothing may come from it many boys have a "I've got nothing to lose" mentality and just do so for notoriety.

A video for this thread: See the 5 minute mark from this clip from 'To Jillian on Her 37th Bday'

To Gillian on her 37th birthday part 6 - YouTube

Old 02-08-2013, 10:44 AM

5,356 posts, read 18,552,443 times
Quote:
I figured, but elaborate on the bad ones. It was in broad daylight, on a sunny day.
Cons you into buying her stuff at Walmart.

Threatens to scream and cry rape if you don't pay her.

Has a bf nearby who subdues you. Robbery, car theft, and/or murder ensues.

She could do the above without a bf too.

To add injury to insult, she leaves you naked on some lonely rural road, after robbing and stealing your car.

After robbing you and stealing your car, she cuts off certain body parts and then leaves you naked on the road.

These are a few that come to mind.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceropolo View Post
I think the majority of teen girls hitting on adult men falls into the following categories. 1) Precocious types who want to test their recently cognizant level of sexual appeal to adult men. In most cases they are smart enough to know they are attractive and just want more attention / confirmation, 2) sheltered / (perhaps abused) or lacking a male role model so they seek / cling to a stable authority male figure (say teacher / coach / boss) dangerous for teens if the so called authority figure is predatory 3) The extremely rare Lolita type who want to wield power via sexuality at earliest ages and find disarming adult males in conversation a litmus test for social / sexual boundaries - the sort who just wants to try it out to try it out - probably psychologically scarred or just emotionally immature 4) the truly desparate abused / runaway type who's perfected a scam approach to steal and hitting on adult marks to test for gullability as part of ruse.
I repped you. It almost seems like an older guy, though not ridiculously older, is the apex of testing their newly found female sexual prowess.

I can definitely see (1). I've gotten this attention when suited up, and sometimes when in jeans and a college tee. I can see (3) in some cases, but there are psychological underpinnings for that, as you say. The (2) and (4) types are easier to spot, and to avoid.

I wonder though if, with type (1), it's just a tease or they will actually go through with it, if they're that type. Remember, there's a tease with a padlock down there and there's a tease who has already been broken in, and is willing to go. Then, if it's the real deal, the practical guy, thinks a) what trouble can I get into for this, b) on pill?, c) no raincoats in my wallet, and d) what bacteria is lurking ... I'll pass.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akck View Post
Cons you into buying her stuff at Walmart.

Threatens to scream and cry rape if you don't pay her.
Yeah, I forgot to add that she sat down at McDonald's without have purchased any food. I think she needed money. I think it was probably to buy her things at Walmart and/or to sell her body for money. I got the feeling she was quite randy. I had a friend who worked on social programs and they had to travel in both urban and rural California. He told me they went on a site visit in this very county and a girl around this age showed these suited up guys her boobs by lifting up her blouse, completely out of the blue. They were embarrassed by it, being on the job, and moved away from her. There are meth labs in this county. It's very pastoral, but it's also in a time warp.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:14 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,385,096 times
Quote:
Yeah, I forgot to add that she sat down at McDonald's without have purchased any food. I think she needed money. I think it was probably to buy her things at Walmart and/or to sell her body for money. I got the feeling she was quite randy. I had a friend who worked on social programs and they had to travel in both urban and rural California. He told me they went on a site visit in this very county and a girl around this age showed these suited up guys her boobs by lifting up her blouse, completely out of the blue. They were embarrassed by it, being on the job, and moved away from her. There are meth labs in this county. It's very pastoral, but it's also in a time warp.
Good use of the word "randy." She was definitely trying to play you for something. Could be sex/drugs for money or Walmart shoes. Normal women don't ask complete strangers to drive them across the parking lot without having ulterior motive. Unless she was out of her mind on meth or something? She sounds like a nice girl!

Wait, does the Walmart sell beer/alcohol? Maybe she wanted you to do a beer run for her. Were her friends around?

Old 02-08-2013, 11:17 AM

1,469 posts, read 1,802,796 times
Default Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
Does this happen to anyone?

It happened to me yesterday, and it's happened a few times in the past as well. When I say 'teens', I'm not talking about 19-year-olds...I'm talking about minors who are still in high school.

How have you handled the situation?

I've had it happen plenty of times. Just walk away, don't even entertain the idea
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships