Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2013, 03:19 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,273,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nald View Post
I've been a math teacher as a side job in private religious (catholic) girl school and yes, I've experienced that. It's kind of disturbing at times until you realize that's how it goes. Main thing you need to know is that even though they might even be PHYSICALLY developed (girls end their puberty around 16, boys around 18) they are still easily impressed and have minds of a bit older children, and are in their emotionally most turbulent phase of life when they develop.. And yes, they develop a crush on you also because you are their teacher. It's a common thing but when I was in their age I didn't think that so many girls develop a crush on a teacher, I thought it's just me. That's why i tend to not look at how they "look like", i just tend to ignore it, even though I'm attracted to young girls. There is a reason why the age limit is there, as well as a regulations regarding teachers, doctors, and other occupations.

Main way to cope was that I always placed a distance there. I simply don't think that I am entitled to screw them up (some people would say "to help them", which couldn't be more distant from real truth). After all, most were under the 18. Any engagement of such sort will heavily influence their way of future development and people need to know that.
Important thing to note is that they simply won't stop having a crush on you, and this was especially complicated because I was in my 20s (I still am but am not a teacher any more).
But thier crush on you can be a good thing. You can use their "crush" on you to make them be better students if you don't respond with any other involvement than a "fatherly" approach and an approach that will keep them interested in the subject. They might try to impress you on various ways, either good or bad, and you just need to make a good approach to not make yourself (and thus your class subject) repulsive to them, but to use the fact that they like you to make them better students and better people, with a good dose of psychological approach to their way of thinking, to use that affection that they have to make them write homeworks, study better, etc... and to avoid stimulating their self-destructive behavior. But you really need to be a good psychologist to use it.

I dated my teacher on and off for 7 years. I was 17 when I met him he was 23 but we didn't get involved until I was 18 and we had known each other for a year beforehand.......as much as I loved him and still do as we're best friends, he disrupted my studies a lot. Any argument we had at home was still present in class it was stressful sometimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2013, 03:30 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,154,430 times
So I picked up my son from school today and, as I approached the area where he was waiting, I heard him telling one of his buddies about the other day when I got hit on by a high school kid, thinking that his friend would find it amusing and funny. I guess his friend didn't see me approaching or think I could hear him, and he proceeded to tell my son, "well...she IS a MILF!" As soon as he said that, he saw me standing there and, in a state of embarrassment, hung his head and ran away quickly. I was kinda surprised that a 13-year-old boy would use that word, and I was equally embarrassed that he said that about ME, to my own son.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:37 PM

1,510 posts, read 2,967,216 times
My stepson had the same thing happen re: my wife (his mom). One of his friends said she is pretty hot (she is, but I'm biased) and my stepson punched the kid's arm pretty hard. I laughed when she told me about it...both boys are 13, so they're bound to notice things.

--Dim

Old 02-06-2013, 04:05 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,154,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dimwit View Post
My stepson had the same thing happen re: my wife (his mom). One of his friends said she is pretty hot (she is, but I'm biased) and my stepson punched the kid's arm pretty hard. I laughed when she told me about it...both boys are 13, so they're bound to notice things.

--Dim
How would you have reacted if you had been there to hear him say it?

Old 02-06-2013, 04:23 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,564,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
Two thins popped into my head. The first would be, "Damn right she is!" The second would be cruder, "I do!!!"

Old 02-06-2013, 08:04 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,726,622 times
Quote:
Does this happen to anyone?

It happened to me yesterday, and it's happened a few times in the past as well. When I say 'teens', I'm not talking about 19-year-olds...I'm talking about minors who are still in high school.

How have you handled the situation?
Hi Amanda!

Nope, I can't recall any girls who are minors who have hit on me in recent memory.

But if it occurred, I would just walk away as fast as I could.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:51 PM

664 posts, read 774,742 times
I've never been hit on by an adult, let alone a teenager. So, nope.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:44 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,769,704 times
Quote:
So I picked up my son from school today and, as I approached the area where he was waiting, I heard him telling one of his buddies about the other day when I got hit on by a high school kid, thinking that his friend would find it amusing and funny. I guess his friend didn't see me approaching or think I could hear him, and he proceeded to tell my son, "well...she IS a MILF!" As soon as he said that, he saw me standing there and, in a state of embarrassment, hung his head and ran away quickly. I was kinda surprised that a 13-year-old boy would use that word, and I was equally embarrassed that he said that about ME, to my own son.
Oh come now, I can easily recall my friends and myself saying considerably worse things as far back as fourth grade. By middle school most of the guys I knew were basically just awkward, human-shaped bags of sexual frustration. Some of the most perverted people in the word are middle-school boys.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:56 AM

1,510 posts, read 2,967,216 times
Quote:
I would have given the kid "the look" that conveys much more meaning.

And, if he was to continue spouting off in a disrespectful manner, I'd let him know. Sometimes, kids need to be corrected publicly before they get the message.

--Dim

Old 02-07-2013, 07:05 AM

72 posts, read 206,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
It happens often to me, because 80% of adult black women are incredibly fat and I am slim and fit. Teen black boys equate a slim black female body with youth. I just look them straight in the eye, which makes them suddenly see their own mom. I think it is cute and flattering.
lol that was harsh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships