Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 12:13 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,970 times

Advertisements

A sexless marriage, to me, is a passionless marriage, which should be the cornerstone to every marriage.

You cannot defeat a primordial instinct to mate with the opposite gender (or same gender, if thats how you roll), and if a married couple isn't having sex with each other, it's likely one or both of them is having sex with someone else.

I would rather die than live an otherwise normal, healthy life without sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2013, 12:15 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
A sexless marriage, to me, is a passionless marriage, which should be the cornerstone to every marriage.

You cannot defeat a primordial instinct to mate with the opposite gender (or same gender, if thats how you roll), and if a married couple isn't having sex with each other, it's likely one or both of them is having sex with someone else.

Sounds like a knee-jerk reaction.

Maybe you need to read through the thread to see what it's about. It's not about a lack of passion. It's about incapacitation and a lack of ability. It's not about "isn't." It's about "can't."

Old 02-07-2013, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Sounds like a knee-jerk reaction.

Maybe you need to read through the thread to see what it's about. It's not about a lack of passion. It's about incapacitation and a lack of ability. It's not about "isn't." It's about "can't."
I saw the thread starter, as I commented earlier. My comment was in response to how the conversation has evolved. sheeesh...

Old 02-07-2013, 12:21 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,026,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Now, I am thinking this. Say if a woman or a man got some disease which prevent them from having sexual intercourse with their spouses. Is it a reason enough to abandon the spouse due to lack of sex

Your thoughts please

example: chemotherapy / testicular cancer / breast cancer / etc.
I'd like to think I wouldn't. My husband would not leave me no matter how bad he wanted to. That is why I'd leave him if I got a disease like that.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:28 PM

518 posts, read 1,004,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I take bravado like that with so many grains of salt, I could make a margarita.
Ha!

Um, actually, a strawberry margarita sounds good right about now.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:31 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
If I had a hypothetical spouse and she became unable to be intimate due to medical reasons...then I would continue to observe my wedding vows, and stay with her, for better or worse, to have and to hold, till death do us part, etc. I would most definitely *not* leave or abandon her, just because of that. IMO, the only things that can ever potentially justify divorcing a spouse are adultery or abuse...and even then, in those cases, I would still try to do absolutely everything I could that was humanly possible, to save the marriage...
I agree with this. I think more married couples than not would also agree with this. You are either in a committed relationship or you are not and it is that simple. Seriously, if your sexual priority is number one, you will face a lot of hurdles along the way and I probably would avoid having children for sure! The only disease I would have an issue with is STDs acquired after the ceremony and it wouldn't be the disease that would be the problem.

The aunt and her husband should have, if they did not, go into counseling since her reason for not wanting sex could probably have been worked through. I guess though, we just don't know what goes on behind closed doors so it makes it a tough call when we are talking about someone else.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:38 PM

518 posts, read 1,004,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post

True love and compassion for the person you're with should and can override the ever so tiring biological (or "primordial") instinct excuse that sooooooooooooooooo many men use ad nauseum. Every time I read posts from some of the men on this site, I thank my LUCKY STARS that I have the man that I have!! I feel so sorry for all of the single women out there who have to deal with men like this in their lives. I can see and understand why some women hop the fence. The dating pool of decent, mature men who have a moral compass and stellar character traits is probably drying up by the day.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:44 PM

657 posts, read 717,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apotamkin_Renesmee View Post
True love and compassion for the person you're with should and can override the ever so tiring biological (or "primordial") instinct excuse that sooooooooooooooooo many men use ad nauseum. Every time I read posts from some of the men on this site, I thank my LUCKY STARS that I have the man that I have!! I feel so sorry for all of the single women out there who have to deal with men like this in their lives. I can see and understand why some women hop the fence. The dating pool of decent, mature men who have a moral compass and stellar character traits is probably drying up by the day.

I almost said this same thing.

sex is the result of loving someone not the other way around. so that being said i could be in a sexless marriage.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apotamkin_Renesmee View Post
A "primordial instinct" could be just about anything of human nature that is considered normal, since the beginning a mankind, as we know it. Human instincts aren't necessarily something inherently biological, but possibly cultural. There was nothing wrong with my verbiage, thanks.

Having sex is one of those things, and if you're in a sexless relationship (which it appears you probably are), then that is usually an indicator that something may not be right in the relationship.

Mod cut: Rude personal barb.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-07-2013 at 01:51 PM..

Old 02-07-2013, 01:45 PM

4,156 posts, read 4,176,092 times
No. Cannot have a sex less marriage. Unless she doesn't know I go have sex with another woman. I know some people can go out without sex for months or year, but I am not one of those person. I have female friends who complete her husband can go on months without sex. As a man, I can never do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships