Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 09:20 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,560,046 times

Advertisements

I would be interested to know if she had ever had a weight problem before the last two years when she has gained 150 pounds. If she has, this is part of an on-going addiction for her.
If she never had this problem before, she should first be examined by a doctor to see what happened in her body that may have triggered this weight gain. Or it could be that the job loss you mentioned set off something in her that craved comforting/medicating herself with food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013, 09:28 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,225,484 times
You should not be letting him use you to complain about Your friend. That is not being Her friend. He should take his complaints to His friends.
You should not be letting his feelings dictate what you say to her.
Sure, you should care about your friend, but you've allowed her boyfriend to undermine her to you, and you've been manipulated into carrying his complaints to her. Some pretty passive aggressive behaviors on his part. It may cost you a friend if you don't put it in check.

Last edited by JanND; 02-14-2013 at 09:34 PM.. Reason: edit text

Old 02-14-2013, 10:10 PM

1,841 posts, read 3,174,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky2Sharks View Post
I hear people always talking about smoking being so bad for your health but the real problem is obesity in America.

My friend ( let's call her gigi) has gained over 150 lbs over the course of two years. She's now around 300+. She says she needs to lose but she doesnt take any control of her body. Her boyfriend of 5 years is getting aggravated. He tries to he subtle and give hints about her weight gain but she gets depressive. So he tells me all of his problems.

Me and Gigi have been friends since elementary. This is my girl, I love her. So today I told her. The weight is a problem and she has to do something about it. I'll be her support system anything she needs. She says I'm no real friend and accused me of trying to take her boyfriend.

I told you guys this because I have 2 questions.
1. Was it wrong for her boyfriend to come to me with his frustrations?
2. Was I to harsh?
No! I call it love…
I myself have never been “big” and when I got a divorce? I spiraled downwards from my regimen of working out all the time like I useto…even when I gave birth to my son? I had worked out the day before…
All the weight I had gained was baby weight..I found after I had my son? I was thinner, anemic…because I did not have enough fat on me nor did I eat red meat at the time..
So after I gained 40 pounds post divorce? My family did an intervention…and I got my ish together asap…
WEIGHT is a huge issue…
I have a childhood friend whom was never thin per se…however she was able to fit in a sz 16..in hs..
Post her son? And her daughter 11 years ago? She ballooned to at least 400 lbs..
Her daughters father met her at a rodeo way drunk , had sex with her and she ended up pregnant…he left her but still supported her daughter until 4 years ago when he passed from a brain tumor…
I have loved her enough to tell her about gastric bypass but she is afraid of needles? Yet she has bone spurs in both her feet, she is an oxygen for sleep apnea? And re-occurring yeast infections under her belly, boobs and has kidney infections from not being able to wipe right…?
I tell her all the time tht her kids need her…
Most recently I went to the movies with her and noticed tht she bought a huge box of buttered popcorn and I heard her labored breathing throughout the movie…The rain that night? That had us walking at a semi fast pace? Had her wheezing and trying to catch her breath…
I could not imagine weighing over 150 lbs at 5’6.5 and still being active..
I tried using our other friend whom recently lost 100 lbs with the lap band…and she is still stating no..
Diabetes…possibly blind from glaucoma…losing limb does not frighten her..not getting her O2 does not scare her..I am at my wits end as well…

Old 12-22-2013, 07:26 PM

5 posts, read 4,558 times
Angry dont be like society

my husband was thin for a couple of years but then once he reached his late 50's he gained a unnoticeable amount of weight but then over the years it was getting noticeable but hes 75 for goodness sake why would a old person worry about their health! maybe the young should worry lucky i had enough money for bigger clothes and i was the person who measured him he was too embarrassed to go to the store i had the measurements written down i asked the lady for the sizes she told me i was too thin and i told her it was for my husband, luckily i dont care about his looks im still attracted to him, if you think im crazy because of old age then you must of read this wrong.

Society is brain washing you beacuse they're thin and they want everyone else to be thin
you need to know health is always inaccurate sometimes if it was accurate then we wouldn't be dying of fright! would we

also here are my answers

1. if you annoy a girls boyfriend, prepare to DIE

2. yes,quite harsh,quite harsh

Last edited by LizzyBeth43; 12-22-2013 at 07:28 PM.. Reason: read question wrong

Old 12-22-2013, 08:25 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,658,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky2Sharks View Post

I told you guys this because I have 2 questions.
1. Was it wrong for her boyfriend to come to me with his frustrations?
2. Was I to harsh?
1. Yes, because it pits you in the middle. You have to pick a side and be loyal, or be friends with both and take no side at all. Plus, he needs to get some male friends to vent to.
2. Hard to know without telling us exactly what you said, but probably, yes. People, especially women, are very sensitive about their weight and bodies. It's a very delicate topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships